Jump to content

Details of mandatory health insurance for Non-Imm O-A visas to be announced next week


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Melbun said:

Gawd... If you don't have $20K you shouldn't be trying to live in Thailand long term. Your home country has beer, girls and Thai food - if you are old maybe the girls aren't on your mind anyhow :<(

I know several people in Pattaya area who doesn't have much money in the bank. They're paying big bucks for their extensions every year. About 25k per year. They don't spend a lot in restaurants or bars. They are a bit like Russians, buying beer at Tesco Lotus Express or 7/Eleven. A bit sad, actually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have thought with the millions of tourists flooding Thailand that they would be more of a medical problem then a few hundred expats living here !

Yes, but many expats can't get an insurance because of their age.

I still find this extremely hard to believe as the hospital will never let you leave until paid in full. How do you rack up a bill and then walk away?   All we can do is wait and see what

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I know several people in Pattaya area who doesn't have much money in the bank. They're paying big bucks for their extensions every year. About 25k per year. They don't spend a lot in restaurants or bars. They are a bit like Russians, buying beer at Tesco Lotus Express or 7/Eleven. A bit sad, actually. 

Exactly - "Very bit sad actually". That's not living - only just existing. For what I ask. Let's hope they have brains enough to have a stash of money to exit quickly. Surely it can't be for the cheap beer and the clean air - Right !! And someone else said "what's wrong with that - that's how Thai's live". Big difference - they have a wide social network, they pool their resources and cook everything. Biggggggggggg difference to westerners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Melbun said:

Exactly - "Very bit sad actually". That's not living - only just existing. For what I ask. Let's hope they have brains enough to have a stash of money to exit quickly. Surely it can't be for the cheap beer and the clean air - Right !! And someone else said "what's wrong with that - that's how Thai's live". Big difference - they have a wide social network, they pool their resources and cook everything. Biggggggggggg difference to westerners.

They don't have a stash of money. Some of them have no place to stay back home. Maybe the family can help. I am not that interested in their problems,to be honest. We're talking about grown ups, 50+. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Very bit sad actually". That's not living - only just existing

Everything is relative.

I know a few guys with 800000 ThB on a Thai bankbook, they don't spend 1000 ThB a day, but claim they are happy.

Not my style, and wonder how they do.

But up to them.

I am not pretending that my way is the only correct way.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

They don't have a stash of money. Some of them have no place to stay back home. Maybe the family can help. I am not that interested in their problems,to be honest. We're talking about grown ups, 50+. 

Yep - "you make your own bed and have to lie in it"

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Everything is relative.

I know a few guys with 800000 ThB on a Thai bankbook, they don't spend 1000 ThB a day, but claim they are happy.

Not my style, and wonder how they do.

But up to them.

I am not pretending that my way is the only correct way.

I think - without being offensive - odd people trying to escape from something. Don't see how they can just exist on thb 1k.

Certainly no girls, very little booze and nil travel. What a horrible frugal existence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

They don't have a stash of money. Some of them have no place to stay back home. Maybe the family can help. I am not that interested in their problems,to be honest. We're talking about grown ups, 50+. 

Sure there is no requirement for you to be interested in any other person's "problems" including your own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melbun said:

More specifically - If you are caught short financially in Thailand your stay will be transformed for Thaidream to Thai-Nightmare very rapidly.

That is true. However that can be true in home countries as well and the BURN RATE tends to be much faster in those places. Yes that would be worse here for sure. We're mostly adults here and expats tend to more of the risk taking kind than the stay at homes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Melbun said:

What a horrible frugal existence.

Yes, but they brag they have 800000 on a bankbook.

 

Nice of course to be fortunate to been able to do both :

having 800000 ThB and spending 2000 ThB a day.
 

Not my case unfortunately, if I had that money, I would not have chosen Thailand for retiring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Interesting.

Why say without being offensive when your ignorant post was all about being offensive?

So if you're not a monger, not a boozehound, and have less interest in travel in older age, your life is by definition horrible. Not to mention "escaping" something whatever that's supposed to insinuate. 

I think your post is horrible. People should mind their own business about how other people choose to spend their money, whether they have it to spend or not. 

OMG - No reason to be upset. Just canvassing ideas on a public forum. Likewise you don't have to read any articles. By your tone it seems you have interpreted everything that was mentioned and applied it to you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...