Need experts opinion. Thanks

arfandy

Which car would you get?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Figure 8x135# + luggage = 1080# (and Thai's do not pack lightly) = those vehicles are overloaded & top heavy <not mentioning the high center of gravity concerns of the top heavy vehicles themselves>.....

You are overloaded before you even start out.....

Once, in a full sized van, I took a group of guys - 6, to a baseball game....Everybody drank & had a good time....On the way back 2 guys in back got into a fight & that (250) van was all over the road - took a lot of effort for me to keep it under control .....

Moral of the story is it didn't take a lot of shifting weight to cause a dire situation - even under good road & driving conditions......

This may not help you purchase a vehicle, but it may help you in not making a serious mistake;

1)  Your list includes vehicles from 10-14 years old with already substantial mileage.  This is prime time for most vehicles to start having problems.  

3)  Your "list" is woefully short on variety, several Ford Everest's and a single Toyota Van.  If you intend to maximize your money you need more choices.  

4) The number of people and the amount of luggage you intend to haul around will necessitate a Van, not a six or seven passenger SUV.  Don't kid yourself, you need more room and a vehicle made for long trips with several people on board.  

You have on your list 4 vehicles from the U.S.A.  Having had a plethora of Fords I can say reliability is probably good but if you need parts you should choose something built closer to home.  You should not limit yourself to one or two manufacturers.  You should be looking at companies that provide and sell a lot of vans......look for some industry specifics to find which have fewer repair problems and which are the cheapest to run and maintain.

Try to establish the maximum amount of money you can spend, and when you find a VAN you like make sure it has a good repair record and plenty of receipts, warranty book and an opinion of worthiness from either the Manufacturer's dealership or a trusted mechanic.

Good luck and happy motoring.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, pgrahmm said:

Why are only Fords included as a choice that matches well with your criteria.....They'd be my 4th choice after Toyota, Isuzu, Mits only because Honda doesn't have a larger SUV and Chevy is almost a non entity here....

Could be because it's his criteria. Based upon his personal perception of what he needs to make him happy with his purchase.

160,000km - or 200 - or 250 - does not mean what it did in the past, where 80,000 miles was time for a new engine.

Advances in metallurgy have made 400 plus the new normal, with maintenance performed as need.

Advances in motor and gear oil have helped this tremendously.

One of mine has 220,000km - burns not a drop, nor leaks any. Due to a rigorous maintenance schedule - both normal and preventive.

If you know what to look for in a used vehicle their are excellent buys to be had - and a much wider choice. Including models no longer available new where 4-bangers rule.

I would chose the toyota too if an old car as the after sales spares are readily available,as for fuel well i would get LPG fitted doughnut type tank. fitted where the spare wheel fits, and put the spare on the roof,save 1000 baht every time you fill up. having said that try and find a car about 2012/14 they can be cheaper coz of Yingluck's tax rebate thingy. I got a nissan juke 2014 only 43,000 on the clock 50,000 baht. Did i miss a post What IS your budget ???

Whatever You choose it will be nice to see something that can carry The Old Woman who Lived in a Shoes Family being used as intended .Every day i see little men in Fortuna’s all alone with their Ego n no chums..!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

22 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Whatever You choose it will be nice to see something that can carry The Old Woman who Lived in a Shoes Family being used as intended .Every day i see little men in Fortuna’s all alone with their Ego n no chums..!

You're nosy then....????

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

Ad absurdum.

If you care to look you will see 1 person in 90% of cars.

Come on then, what do you get if you wanted to carry 6/7 people & luggage at times??? cos you ain't going to get them in a Vios or a Jazz.

2 hours ago, alan grice said:

I can understand you, your not full of Me Me, Or Ego.!.????

Wish you would make up your mind as I have seen several post by TA that you have put a confused sign on???

On August 19, 2019 at 5:57 AM, canthai55 said:

Really ...

PP.jpg

A lot of the F1 drivers have diesel Mercedes because it has torque right across the board, where as a gas engine has torque only in a specific band of its engine. And these drivers should know and they can afford anything. Their main criteria is strong torque in the low end of the power band because you use this in day to day driving and not the top end. 

As for the Ford.....run away from it. And most used car dealers here turn back the kilometers as a matter of business.....better buy privately from a farang in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, MAGA 2020 said:

My thai brother-inlaw had the Toyota, I'm 6' 1" my head touched the roof on passenger side. We took a trip to Chang mai with 6 passengers struggled over the mountains. 

Yeh, but you may have short legs....????

2 hours ago, MAGA 2020 said:

My thai brother-inlaw had the Toyota, I'm 6' 1" my head touched the roof on passenger side. We took a trip to Chang mai with 6 passengers struggled over the mountains. 

Toyota What. And what engine did it have.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, fredob43 said:

Ad absurdum.

If you care to look you will see 1 person in 90% of cars.

Come on then, what do you get if you wanted to carry 6/7 people & luggage at times??? cos you ain't going to get them in a Vios or a Jazz.

A rental.

Archived