Pattaya’s Lack of Chiropractors

brucegoniners

I have a question for expats in Pattaya. 

If there was a top flight chiropractor in town would you be likely to do business with them?

Personally I’ve been frustrated by the lack of a quality chiropractor in town. In Bangkok there are many.

I’ve only found one crusty old guy who I didn’t like at all. 

And for for those who recommended physical therapy, that is very different from chiropractic.

So please address the question.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

39 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

If there was a top flight chiropractor in town would you be likely to do business with them?

Personally I’ve been frustrated by the lack of a quality chiropractor in town. In Bangkok there are many.

I’ve only found one crusty old guy who I didn’t like at all. 

Isn't that the sort of thing they do in hospitals here?

I have never had anything to do with a chiropractor so the question doesn't really concern me personally (yet).

On 8/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, KittenKong said:

Isn't that the sort of thing they do in hospitals here?

I have never had anything to do with a chiropractor so the question doesn't really concern me personally (yet).

Not that I know of.

Chiropractors are the best at spine issues, both neck and back. Good ones work minor miracles.

18 hours ago, Oink said:

A real pain in the neck!

There is one with a good reputation up Siam Country Club. My wife used him a few times.

Arr arr...

I would love to get the information on the one your wife used. The guy appears invisible as far as I've been able to see.

David Pack was superb but he seems to have retired ???

Another alternative to Chiropractor   is Docksen ,, a special  manipulative tyrpe of Thai  massage ,, My wife is a skilled practitioner   it takes many years of training ,, not like normal Thai massage ,,  beware if done wrong it can make things worse ,,

when I put my back out last year   the Pattaya Bangkok hospital only could offer Pain killers  and injections , David pack was unavailable  ,, needed a proper chiropractor  as i was crippled and in agony for 4 weeks ,, Than my wife did  several sessions  of Docksen over 3 weeks  about 1 hour each and I was soon back to normal  ,,

To be honest i was sceptical  but its worked ,

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Didnt David Pack pass away ?

I heard this maybe last year 

That was my understanding.

It would be useful if @Oink could post some contact details from his wife - including if he speaks English?

They are life savers for me been seeing them for 30 years.

Could not find one in Pats.

I went to Packs' house and noone answered.

Saw one guy he just massaged had no idea about manipulation.

I got a ride to bkk Soi 13 and saw a US Chiro.  Spent a couple days in town he popped me good the second day ( low back) and I was so relieved.

16 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

David Pack was superb but he seems to have retired ???

Another alternative to Chiropractor   is Docksen ,, a special  manipulative tyrpe of Thai  massage ,, My wife is a skilled practitioner   it takes many years of training ,, not like normal Thai massage ,,  beware if done wrong it can make things worse ,,

when I put my back out last year   the Pattaya Bangkok hospital only could offer Pain killers  and injections , David pack was unavailable  ,, needed a proper chiropractor  as i was crippled and in agony for 4 weeks ,, Than my wife did  several sessions  of Docksen over 3 weeks  about 1 hour each and I was soon back to normal  ,,

To be honest i was sceptical  but its worked ,

He has not retired, sadly he passed away.

There is Nigel in soi Kopai, but he is not really a chiro and also new Russian guy, but he is more of a physio than a chiro, from memory on facebook he is something like wellness motion, or motion by wellness. Can try to dig him up if needed

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, brucegoniners said:

Arr arr...

I would love to get the information on the one your wife used. The guy appears invisible as far as I've been able to see.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

His name is Mr. Vos. he is a Belgian with Osteopath diploma and experience. Tel 0924 4152113

He works from his clinic in Boss Village Siam Country club. About 200m on the right past the big High Voltage electrical sub-station.

1,500 for first consultation, then 1,000 thereafter.

This appears in a previous thread on this forum. "Good Osteopath/Chiro required"

Regards

Oink

8 hours ago, sillysassy said:

does thai traditional massage techniques helps rather than using chiropractor? i haven't visited a chiropractor before so pardon my ignorance

Depends on what your issues are. It can do and it could also potentially make it worse depending how attuned they are to you.

I saw a chiropracter in the UK a few weeks ago for a tune up and he was recommending Thai massage to help with some issues that I have. 

Archived