How many of you came to Thailand divorced or Separated?

How many of you are separated/ divorced and then came to Thailand?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you came to Thailand separated/ divorced in the West?

• Separated/ divorced from my Western partner
    • I came to Thailand single

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/19 at 07:10 PM

I see a lot of older expats in places like Pattaya etc, some have just retired others are visiting 

im thinking there must be a lot of divorced guys coming to Thailand with the mature ages

Questions are 

Did you come to Thailand having been divorced/ separated in your country ?

Was your divorce/ separation a reason you came to Thailand, to get away ?

was it a painful separation and do you still carry guilt and regrets?

If so, did you have children and do you keep in contact  with your kids now your living in Thailand ,and do you still keep in contact with your ex ,if not how long since you have had contact with your ex.?

Do your children visit you in Thailand?

How do your children feel if you married a Thai partner?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came here by accident really,i liked it came back a few times in a short period,got ito business in BKK,eventually met my now wife ,we were courting for a year and she came to the UK for months,and stayed with me and my family,eventually married,i was still back and for ,eventually we came back to live here ,my family have all visited us ,as we have visited them.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Did you come to Thailand having been divorced/ separated in your country ?

Was your divorce/ separation a reason you came to Thailand, to get away ?

My Brit wife dumped me age 52, proclaiming I would never have sex with a woman again now she didn't want me.

Came to Thailand to get away from women ....... flight was cheap ....... when I got here I realised I had made a mistake.

But at least the 40+ much younger women I banged while out here proved my Brit wife totally wrong.

And even though I paid most of them, they all showed me more love and affection than my Brit wife of 30 years.

Not seen the 4 Brit kids since I left over 10 years back.

Oldest daughter (30+ )came out to Chiang Mai to see me, I didn't reply or meet her.

Oldest son (30+) sent me a photo of his recently born daughter, I blocked him.

They both sided with her during the divorce, I've got no time for traitors.

I also sent the Brit wife a postcard photo of the woman I moved in with (half her age, half her weight and twice as pretty), with the word 'thanks' written as the message.

I always liked pretty cute girls. At "home" they mostly ignored me.

Maybe they allowed me to buy them dinner and drinks but that was about it.

So I never married because I didn't want to accept 2nd rate girls.

And then I discovered that there are many pretty cute girls in Thailand who like to have fun. And I never regretted it.

If you don’t want to answer move on. Simple. 

Used to hear friends talking about the great times they were having out here while I was in your run of the mill marriage. 

When that finished went to see for myself then was the person telling everyone else how great it was and watching them wish they were single. 

Had and a couple of relationships in the meantime back home on and off and realised women back home just weren’t my for me anymore with their over inflated egos and bodies to match. 

18 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Had and a couple of relationships in the meantime back home on and off and realised women back home just weren’t my for me anymore with their over inflated egos and bodies to match. 

Got to agree, white girls just aren't worth the time, money and effort.

Just watched a new TV series Dark Waters, a rich guy was paying 5,000GBP a go to bang an average looking 30 something Brit massage therapist in the Lake District.

I know it was only fiction, but I can imagine most Brit girls thinking their pussy is worth that much.

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My Brit wife dumped me age 52, proclaiming I would never have sex with a woman again now she didn't want me.

Came to Thailand to get away from women ....... flight was cheap ....... when I got here I realised I had made a mistake.

But at least the 40+ much younger women I banged while out here proved my Brit wife totally wrong.

And even though I paid most of them, they all showed me more love and affection than my Brit wife of 30 years.

Not seen the 4 Brit kids since I left over 10 years back.

Oldest daughter (30+ )came out to Chiang Mai to see me, I didn't reply or meet her.

Oldest son (30+) sent me a photo of his recently born daughter, I blocked him.

They both sided with her during the divorce, I've got no time for traitors.

I also sent the Brit wife a postcard photo of the woman I moved in with (half her age, half her weight and twice as pretty), with the word 'thanks' written as the message.

and is your grandaughter a traitor ?

You don't want to know your own granddaughter because you split up from your wife ?!!!

Seriously damaged !

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Got to agree, white girls just aren't worth the time, money and effort.

Just watched a new TV series Dark Waters, a rich guy was paying 5,000GBP a go to bang an average looking 30 something Brit massage therapist in the Lake District.

I know it was only fiction, but I can imagine most Brit girls thinking their pussy is worth that much.

I see the hoops some guys I know jump through to keep their women happy and for most they are just bang average.  Some of the guys are lucky to get a monthly shag. 

I also see their faces when I answer their questions and the obvious disappointment that they can’t join me. I tell them best they don’t because they would be divorced within a year. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

I see the hoops some guys I know jump through to keep their women happy and for most they are just bang average.  Some of the guys are lucky to get a monthly shag. 

I also see their faces when I answer their questions and the obvious disappointment that they can’t join me. I tell them best they don’t because they would be divorced within a year. 

Maybe they are happy in their relationship and realise there is more to relationship than "having a shag".

Some guys are content in their relationship and dont require extra "shags" and some even find having a "shag" to be a chore and ever now and then is plenty

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Maybe they are happy in their relationship and realise there is more to relationship than "having a shag".

Some guys are content in their relationship and dont require extra "shags" and some even find having a "shag" to be a chore and ever now and then is plenty

Good for them. I’m speaking about guys I know, hence why I said “guys i know”  and they are not. 

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Good for them. I’m speaking about guys I know, hence why I said “guys i know”  and they are not. 

I don't think I've ever met a married guy in the UK that wouldn't like a bit more sex.

Either with their wife or on the side.

They ain't getting much, and neither was I when I lived there.

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He’s got a thing about people talking about sex. One of his many hang ups. Just ignore. 

Nothing wrong with people talking about sex , its just when they ONLY talk about sex , gets repetitive and boring after a while , listening to others going on about their sex or lack of sex lives 

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think I've ever met a married guy in the UK that wouldn't like a bit more sex.

Some I know find themselves in the usually conundrum. 

Married for many years, kids, mortgaged up to their eyeballs, miserable as sin but “got too much to lose”   Laughable. 

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

.............you missed the last bit off..................*so I came to Thailand to bang 20 year olds*

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Nothing wrong with people talking about sex , its just when they ONLY talk about sex , gets repetitive and boring after a while , listening to others going on about their sex or lack of sex lives 

Quite honestly your statement:

“It’s plain to see why your wife left you”....when you know sweet fa about him is more personal and offensive than anything he has said. 

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Married for many years, kids, mortgaged up to their eyeballs, miserable as sin but “got too much to lose”   Laughable. 

Thats probably due to everyday life , dont think having an external shag would cheer them up a bit , longer than for 10 minutes anyway

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just my opinion and not supposed to be offensive .

If a guy just cares about "having a shag" and sees his partner as just something to shag and then deserts his kids , seems self obsessed, everythings about him and whether he gets sex or not...............I can understand why his ex wife wouldnt want to be with him .

No insult intended

just drop it mate.  I'm sure that he can defend himself, but you don't know the circumstances and you are throwing out comments about a person you don't know and about a situation that you have no idea about.  Again, all too often happens on this forum.  Just leave it and move on. 

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

That was me too.

But in the end she decided to take the house, kids and savings and bang the gardener anyway.

I missed the kids for a while, but then I made another son and took in an abandoned daughter.

Both my Thai kids are much nicer than the Brit kids ever were, so I recon I came out on top, even though I have less money.

Archived