How many of you came to Thailand divorced or Separated?

How many of you are separated/ divorced and then came to Thailand?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you came to Thailand separated/ divorced in the West?

• Separated/ divorced from my Western partner
    • I came to Thailand single

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/19 at 07:10 PM

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

. We love each other very much and will never divorce.

3. Kids were very confrontational with me at first, took my wife's side, which I understood and was happy with the support they gave her. Time is a great healer and we get on well now. Gave my daughter away at her wedding last year. Neither of them have visited me, primarily because the refuse to meet or even aknowledge my Thai wife, even though my wife and I separated long before I met her.

So you're married twice ? ????????

6 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

What's the granddaughter done to be deprived of a grandad and all the joy that should bring ?

My children were deprived of grandparents becaus of a petty dispute between my wife and her parents. It happens. Children are often the "collateral damage" in internicene wars.

40 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I am indeed extraordinary handsome, always had first pick of the girls in every year at school and had to fight them off with a shitty stick throughout my adulthood - I know my dahlias from my daffs and a variegated plant is a mutated plant (according to google :-))

Best we not move onto girth ...

17 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I

3. Kids were very confrontational with me at first, took my wife's side, which I understood and was happy with the support they gave her. Time is a great healer and we get on well now. Gave my daughter away at her wedding last year. Neither of them have visited me, primarily because the refuse to meet or even aknowledge my Thai wife, even though my wife and I separated long before I met her.

That's unlucky.

I also came to Thailand whilst still living at "home", kids growing up, wife and I had not been 'together' for 7 years.

Wasn't looking for anyone I just came to Thailand with a mate for a bit of fun. Found someone at the end of my second visit and have been together 13 years - me living in Thailand for 11 years. Two daughters visit regularly and readily accepted my partner; we also stay with my ex-wife when we visit the UK and we are back again at Xmas.

I consider myself to be fortunate.

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I came here first time in 1974 - single

returned in 80s w/American wife - married 18 years

returned divorced in late 90s...

now married to a Thai... near 20 yrs.. 

And that's how the cookie crumbles... 

Do u still have contact with your first wife?

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

That's unlucky.

I also came to Thailand whilst still living at "home", kids growing up, wife and I had not been 'together' for 7 years.

Wasn't looking for anyone I just came to Thailand with a mate for a bit of fun. Found someone at the end of my second visit and have been together 13 years - me living in Thailand for 11 years. Two daughters visit regularly and readily accepted my partner; we also stay with my ex-wife when we visit the UK and we are back again at Xmas.

You are indeed - at the end of the day it simply comes down to maturity levels I guess.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

That's unlucky.

Thailand was the furthest I could get from my ex wife.....without NASA's help! ????

Image result for sky rocket

It is a fairly dumb question. I would say nearly all of us came here divorced. Why? Because we came from countries where a large percentage of the women are lost. The US is the utter embodiment of a nation that has lost it's footing, has really never found it's identity, and has a population of women, 90% of whom, have no ability, willingness, wherewithal, or desire to connect with, manifest, or embody their inner woman, or express femininity for anything other than personal gain. The US is on the decline, and has been for the past 30-40 years.

It is the Western Roman Empire, in the late 5th century AD, prior to Odoacer marching on Rome. 

I was separated from my American wife, when I met my current Thai wife while we were both working in Singapore.

Lived together in Singapore for 13 years before moving to Thailand.

Another 10 years in Thailand and we moved to the US, snowbirding in Thailand over the winter

One Thai son, two American daughters

Thai son shares a house with my eldest daughter, we all talk.

My ex is still probably my best friend, we talk every couple of weeks.

These kinds of relationships are I think more common than you think. The acrimonious breakup, child custody nightmares hit the headlines, but a lot of us just figure it out 

i'm not divorced those are the guys you read all these horror stories about on stickmans guide to bkk readers submissions. No Ive never been married I researched Thai women so when I came here. I met one who started alarm bells when she wanted to get married and started more when she wanted $20k dowry for her heavily drinking father who as far as I could tell was funded totally by her. She was in debt already to the tune of 3M baht and if i loved her i'd help her pay it off.

When I analysed the situation I realised it was only comfortable older farangs  the ones i know giving their wives 30k per month to do the shopping that can afford a thai wife. (btw they are saving 10k a month for when you run out of money)

The uk is full of even middle aged guys like me with no pensions or huge payoff coming our way so we work and date filipinos instead they don't want your money, only a loving relationship ..

However there isnt a future here when you can't own the land run a business or do anything else your wife or gf is only there as long as the gravy train keeps pouring.

2 hours ago, jaffas21 said:

i'm not divorced those are the guys you read all these horror stories about on stickmans guide to bkk readers submissions. No Ive never been married I researched Thai women so when I came here. I met one who started alarm bells when she wanted to get married and started more when she wanted $20k dowry for her heavily drinking father who as far as I could tell was funded totally by her. She was in debt already to the tune of 3M baht and if i loved her i'd help her pay it off.

When I analysed the situation I realised it was only comfortable older farangs  the ones i know giving their wives 30k per month to do the shopping that can afford a thai wife. (btw they are saving 10k a month for when you run out of money)

The uk is full of even middle aged guys like me with no pensions or huge payoff coming our way so we work and date filipinos instead they don't want your money, only a loving relationship ..

However there isnt a future here when you can't own the land run a business or do anything else your wife or gf is only there as long as the gravy train keeps pouring.

You were lucky not to marry her ????

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is a fairly dumb question. I would say nearly all of us came here divorced. Why? Because we came from countries where a large percentage of the women are lost. The US is the utter embodiment of a nation that has lost it's footing, has really never found it's identity, and has a population of women, 90% of whom, have no ability, willingness, wherewithal, or desire to connect with, manifest, or embody their inner woman, or express femininity for anything other than personal gain. The US is on the decline, and has been for the past 30-40 years.

It is the Western Roman Empire, in the late 5th century AD, prior to Odoacer marching on Rome. 

Another reason for me to not go on vacation in the US. Coming from the UK i don't recognise your description of women.

BTW. I was happily married to a beautiful and vivacious wife when I first landed on these shores.

On 8/17/2019 at 11:03 PM, worgeordie said:

Why so many questions ?,making a report or writing a book,this is

about the 5th post asking around the same subjects,you have made.

regards worgeordie

Exactly. The OP reeks of "trying to do research on the cheap." I suggest giving false information.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, BritManToo said:

My Brit wife dumped me age 52, proclaiming I would never have sex with a woman again now she didn't want me.

Came to Thailand to get away from women ....... flight was cheap ....... when I got here I realised I had made a mistake.

But at least the 40+ much younger women I banged while out here proved my Brit wife totally wrong.

And even though I paid most of them, they all showed me more love and affection than my Brit wife of 30 years.

Not seen the 4 Brit kids since I left over 10 years back.

Oldest daughter (30+ )came out to Chiang Mai to see me, I didn't reply or meet her.

Oldest son (30+) sent me a photo of his recently born daughter, I blocked him.

They both sided with her during the divorce, I've got no time for traitors.

I also sent the Brit wife a postcard photo of the woman I moved in with (half her age, half her weight and twice as pretty), with the word 'thanks' written as the message.

I sent my ex a postcard from India and told her she'd love it there, after all, the cow is sacred!

I have never been married and never will change this. Never understood why people marry. Perhaps it is different if you have kids. But I never wanted kids. Even without marriage I never was (long) alone and had many nice relationships. 

10 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I have never been married and never will change this. Never understood why people marry. Perhaps it is different if you have kids. But I never wanted kids. Even without marriage I never was (long) alone and had many nice relationships. 

Nowadays in the West, a relationship longer than 2 years is usually considered a de facto relationship and your partner has the same rights as if married

6 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Nowadays in the West, a relationship longer than 2 years is usually considered a de facto relationship and your partner has the same rights as if married

Where is this? Would be my worst nightmare. 

14 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Another reason for me to not go on vacation in the US. Coming from the UK i don't recognise your description of women.

BTW. I was happily married to a beautiful and vivacious wife when I first landed on these shores.

I would not recommend America as a vacation spot, at this point in time. It does have some gloriously beautiful areas. Especially the National parks. But, there is too much angst, bitterness, division, fear, disappointment, and disillusionment in the air, at the moment. Give it a few years. With a democratic president who is not spewing hatred and venom daily, things might improve just a little bit. 

Just now, spidermike007 said:

I would not recommend America as a vacation spot, at this point in time. It does have some gloriously beautiful areas. Especially the National parks. But, there is too much angst, bitterness, division, fear, disappointment, and disillusionment in the air, at the moment. Give it a few years. With a democratic president who is not spewing hatred and venom daily, things might improve just a little bit. 

Not going to happen. They turned my visa application down years ago. I don't go where I'm not wanted.

Archived