How many of you came to Thailand divorced or Separated?

How many of you are separated/ divorced and then came to Thailand?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you came to Thailand separated/ divorced in the West?

• Separated/ divorced from my Western partner
    • I came to Thailand single

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/19 at 07:10 PM

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Tried 5k and the head honcho got a strop on. Made me go away and do the chanote the next day.

AFAIAA it's a complete no no now in Pattaya.

I would (and have done it) through a lawyer, though in my case it was just to speed it up - maybe your honcho geezer just doesn't like foreigners - a decent lawyer will know which strings to pull and who to pay.

Though if you know for sure Pattaya is a non starter that would be it - but I do find it difficult to get my head around a perfectly legal document is not possible for an entire district that size but ok everywhere else. I would imagine you would have legal grounds to tell HIM he's talking <deleted> and get it done (sleep with one eye open after that though!!)

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Really? is that a sincere question, or are you goading me on here? It is about doing what Thai women, or alot of Latin women do. And that is embracing that which makes them special. Their femininity. American women are scared to death of their femininity. They think by expressing it, they are somehow weaker, or lesser, or will be scorned by other women. There is so much dignity within true femininity. Not the garbage being spewed by the huge numbers of misandristic women there today. Femininity is a huge attribute. One that men are desperately seeking in women. Yet, so many are unable to express it on any level. Who wants to be around a woman who is more masculine than I am? Not much fun in that. 

I agree, but what you say here is primarily caused by those same 'leftist' ideals that you cling to.  (not to start a political sub-discussion) ???? 

Never married, no kids, no house. Only thing of any value I own is a car.

I travel a lot for work, had some great girlfriends in farangland and still friends with some of them, but I just want asians more. Thai, Malay, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese all get my vote.

I tried to stay in Thailand for a while but just something about it that I didnt want to stay, couldnt put my finger on it but just felt uneasy.

Settled in Malaysia and do around 6 trips to Thailand each year. I enjoy it much more on a holiday than to live. I have a Malaysian girlfriend 25 years my junior who also enjoys the girls of the countries I like.

Im happy the cards fell where they have. But no plans to marry, im far too selfish for that and too set in my ways.

14 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Not goading at all - nicely explained.

I do have some sympathy with that view that its seen as a weakness to not try to compete with males on every level even when its impossible to do so. 

A foreigner/thai relationship is a throw back to the male go out to work, and the female will take care of everything else set up in a lot of cases. They genuinely want to take care of their bloke. (Cue for the usual moron to step in here with take care of your wallet blah blah blah), old fashioned yet remarkably works !

I would consider myself a feminist, have little time for under developed male idiots who believe they are a lower form of life. yet some of the initiatives to make everything 'equal', positive discrimination etc are just counter productive. Unless of course the female is in a position to earn/progress well in which case good luck to her as well.

Well expressed. Could not agree with you more. There are few things in life that are more dignified and effective than roles in a relationship, where the woman is comfortable being a real woman, and the man is comfortable being a real man. You see very little of that these days in the US, Canada, most of Europe, NZ, and Australia. Emasculation central. Check your cajones at the door, and be my lap dog. Not even a please involved. 

I actually know men in the US who are not allowed to carry cash. They have to use a credit card to buy a cup of coffee, so the MRS. can keep track of his every expense. Imagine going along with that? Where is the dignity in that? Where is the trust? Where is the respect and honor? I would rather be single, than subject myself to that kind of husband abuse and misandry.

9 hours ago, frantick said:

I agree, but what you say here is primarily caused by those same 'leftist' ideals that you cling to.  (not to start a political sub-discussion) ???? 

First of all I disagree that this has anything to do with politics. I have many conservative friends both here, and in the US, that are emasculated, to a large degree. So, no matter what side of the spectrum you are on, this is an American thing, not a political thing. I know it is fashionable to label "leftists" (a nasty, demogogic word for a democrat) as weak. However, the GOP selling out to lobbyists and the NRA is weak, from my point of view. But, let us not digress too far here. 

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've got 23 years to run on the home loan (doubt I've more than five years left in me).

If anyone wants me out of the house, I just won't keep up the repayments.

It would save me money to walk away.

Not meaning to pry but you said left wife at 52, been away for 10 years which would make you 62 and you say above you don't think you have 5 years left in you. Ae you in ill health?

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Not meaning to pry but you said left wife at 52, been away for 10 years which would make you 62 and you say above you don't think you have 5 years left in you. Ae you in ill health?

Everyone over 60 is in ill health.

Hardly any foreigners in Thailand make it to 70.

My pals have been dropping like flies.

On 8/21/2019 at 5:17 PM, BritManToo said:

100 Ways to live to 100

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/100-ways-to-live-to-100/ss-AAETKw2?li=BBnb7Kz

I can't agree with your 1st sentence. Don't think "everyone" over 60 is in bad health. I had a heart attack 6 years ago after getting  fat and lazy but after fully recovering  changed my lifestyle a little , got back into exercise, ate more veggies and fruits/fish less sugar/carbs.  Genetics play a role on longevity but enviroment and lifestyle can have major effect.

Friend came over 3 years before me just turned 70, I will be 72 in 6 weeks so some of us make 70+  He developed health problems but after seeing my Doctor also got into an exercise program lost a lot of weight by changing diet slightly cutting  down on alcohol and stopped smoking.

You say your friends are dropping like flies (in your age group) The article above states being an expat actually increases your chances of living longer. When your young your body basically repairs itself. When older you have to work at keeping healthy can't do everything you did as a young man without repercussions. I never drank, smoked or did drugs. Many (not all) of my friends who did are dead or in bad health. Many who simply cut down their drinking (not stop ) quit hard drugs and smoking started eating healthier and exercise are still around.   I have an 80 year old 1st cousin who lives in Hawaii coming for a visit who last month did a 2 hour Kayak trip in the ocean with his 20yo daughter and 25 yo son. I am in good shape but he  looks like he can still kick my ass

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

I had a heart attack 6 years ago after getting  fat and lazy but after fully recovering  changed my lifestyle a little

There you go, you should have died 6 years back aged 65-66 but got lucky.

My pals have been dying from age 50 up.

I'm nearly 64, I can't say I really have any desire to live any longer.

I'd rather go before my Brit pension becomes worthless.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:33 PM, Hans007 said:

5000 Pounds??? Holy <deleted>...that is serious money....I am just thinking what to do with that money if I am 3 weeks in Thailand,Vietnam or PHP...!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahah ???? I just would srew my balls off i think...LOL.

Sadly my Chinese GF is there to remind of me of being a serious man.....Hmmmm

I never would spend 5000 Pounds on just ONE women...NFW.

My first wife??(no kids with) I dont even know if she is alive!!! Didnt see her for 21 years...I hear she is in Italy now...alone...living on welfare!!! hahahahaha.

2 nd wife?? Sadly I must pay money for my son...which she forbids me to see....and I am sick and tired to pay laywers for lawcourts:-( Yes thank you Germany...with your Fokked up pro-women feminazi mentality!!!:-( Dankeschön!! I could puke.

So yes...lets try a nice asian lady instead...why not.

Hans

If you are not allowed to see your son after a divorce in Germany then there must be a reason why? Normally in a divorce in Germany the parents will get shared custody. Why is it sad that you have to pay alimony for your son?

On 8/21/2019 at 5:17 PM, BritManToo said:

I disagree with the comment everyone 'over sixty is in ill health'.

I smoke and drink but I also exercise - ride a pushbike everywhere and keep my brain active.  Only medication is anti-histamines.

When I go back to the UK I can walk much faster than my contempories and alot of the younger ones too.  I also have more energy than them.

Such a sweeping statement - it may be your experience but certainly not everyones.

Archived