BANGKOK
joeyg

Thoughts on "will there be a Real High Season" this year?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I think the Global economic/recession/depression will usher in an even far worse "high season"  than the one that didn't happen last year.  

This week, as markets puckered, and I glanced nervously at my mutual fund, and it did cross my mind. 

Pattaya -I think it will be across the board and YES. If we head into a recession, add Brexit, add Trump trade sanction earbashing, it will not be good. BTW I plan on traveling a lot this next year.

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

This week, as markets puckered, and I glanced nervously at my mutual fund, and it did cross my mind. 

Pattaya -I think it will be across the board and YES. If we head into a recession, add Brexit, add Trump trade sanction earbashing, it will not be good. BTW I plan on traveling a lot this next year.

Thanks for your input...

Multiple bickering posts of no use to the topic removed

yes there will be a high season. but not for so much for business that cater to western tourists. that is over. 

Hua Hin is very busy right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

yes there will be a high season. but not for so much for business that cater to western tourists. that is over. 

Hua Hin is very busy right now.

That's kind of the conclusion I came to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

With legalisation of cannabis it's bound to be a very high season....

Joking aside... with trade war between US and China and the rest of the World pulled into it, economies in many parts of the World shrinking (also partly because of US/China spat), people fearing to lose jobs, their savings and stock/bond investments deteriorating... and if we add local challenges of strong Baht, increasing competition from safe and affordable new destinations... I cannot imagine there would be record visit from... pretty much anywhere. Regardless of TAT propaganda, the numbers will be down in Thailand, and Pattaya won't be any exception in this.

Exactly...