Lastest from Richard Barrow on TM30

18 hours ago, exppenang said:

With a non-compliant landlord it is IMPOSSIBLE to submit a TM30.

The irony is a non-compliant landlord doesn't in any way imply a bad landlord. Just one who has no wish to deal with this <deleted>, and would prefer to take the hit of losing a farang tenant. This is immigration generated xenophobia.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lumbini said:

What if one rents two places ? ( say one in Bangkok and one at the beach and goes to their beach place only on weekends or holidays ?

How would you deal with this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The letter of the law would suggest up to 104 TM30 reports in a year!

7 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

It’s not too much hype at all. If you’ve looked through the multitude of posts explaining how for some people access to an IO is difficult and/or time consuming. Setting up an online function by web or app is a disaster. I’ve personally been waiting three weeks for a password and the postal one I sent off 2 weeks ago hasn’t been returned yet and probably won’t before I leave the country again. It’s my first time trying to do a TM30 in all my many years here. So talking about hype, saying it’s really easy to do is just plain idiotic. Whether it’s decades old or not is irrelevant. The whole thing is an illogical mess that serves no useful purpose.

The hype was directed towards posters indicating that this enforcement is causing 'additional' millions of entries to the system where I don't believe this to be the case. As mentioned on now numerous occasions, the system has been in place for hotels for a long time now. Perhaps I worded that wrong in the post you responded to. 

And just for clarity, I am dead against this, want nothing to do with it. I am fortunate to be living under a sensible immigration office who, for the moment, don't require the TM30. Unfortunately I can't see this being so for much longer

On 8/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, jackdd said:

You will be the one paying the fines, the IO won't mind.

If you live two hours away from Chaeng wattana, it might be cheaper to pay the fines than pay for all the trips to immigration--not to mention the all day waiting in line.

16 minutes ago, zydeco said:

If you live two hours away from Chaeng wattana, it might be cheaper to pay the fines than pay for all the trips to immigration--not to mention the all day waiting in line.

For the TM30 this might be true (but in this case you should just do it by mail), the max fine is just 2k

But he also wrote about not doing 90 day reports, and the maximum fine for a missing 90 day report is 5k + 200 per day, so if you really don't do it until your extension is due, you might get hit with a 60k fine

Edited by jackdd

Whilst at the IB at Jomtiem/Pattaya last Friday to obtain a Residence Certificate. At the Residence Issuance counter, I was told I first had to register my address. Having quickly filled out the form, I took my place in the queue for the counter. Eventually, my number was called. The officer went through my paper and then clipped a small piece of paper in my passport (another one) She told me I have to renew it if I go out of the country. I asked her to repeat what she had just told me. She confirmed what she had just said. So, I asked the question; "What if I go to another province for a couple of days". She told me, only if you go outside the country.  

• 6 months later...