What are my options for new visa

Hi All,

I am a uk citizen and 43 years old if that makes a difference my current passport was issued on 04-APR-2018

This is my current history.

Before this only come to thailand for 2 week holiday and the last was in 2016.

Arrived Thailand from UK on TV on 13-AUG-2018 and extended the visa and left back to the UK on the 3-NOV-2018.

Arrived Thailand from UK on VE on 04-DEC-2018 and extended the visa.

Boarder Run to Cambodia 30-JAN-2019 and extended the visa.

Boarder Run to Cambodia 29-MAR-2019 and extended the visa.

Went to Cambodia on 27-MAY-2019 to apply for TV using visa agent in Bangkok.  When applying for the visa it was denied with VOID WITHOUT PREJUDICE. Also above the visa there is a denied applicant has entered Thailand frequently and for long durations using tourist visas.

As I had left most of my stuff back in Thailand and my Friends where arriving to Thailand that day I flew back to Thailand from siam reap to DMK. When arriving I was questioned about my stay basically told them I was having time off from my job and travelling while my company in the uk is still paying me. I liked Thailand so that is where I was holidaying. She also said something about not spending more than 180 days in Thailand per year I said I did not know this and apologised. They eventually said they would let me in but if she saw me again then she would deny me entry. 

Arrived 31-MAY-2019 extended visa left Thailand on 29-JUL-2019 to Cambodia again.

So currently I am in Cambodia phnom penh.  You may ask when I am in Cambodia and did not go somewhere else when I just wanted to visit here.

So been here a few weeks and now what to plan getting back into Thailand for Christmas or sooner if possible.

As you can see from the above I have already done 2 land crossings so it is not possible for me to cross using this method although I would like to cross by land if possible so that means getting some type of visa. I thought maybe wrong and without researching that if I spent a few months out of Thailand I would be able to apply for new TV in Cambodia.  After researching I have found that I may have problems getting a TV now from most Thai Embassy because of the stamp applicant has entered Thailand frequently and for long durations using tourist visas.

This is why I have come here to ask the question of the best way to proceed.

Having now done some research I think these are my options but not sure which one to take. 

1.  Go to another Thai embassy and apply for TV maybe Vientiane but with the stamp they give me not sure this will work.  Also before coming to Cambodia to apply for TV in May I tried to register for appointment at vientiane but when registering I never received the email.  I have tried using different email but says already registered when trying to resend the email I do not receive it.

2.  Apply for an ED visa.  I was thinking of doing this before I come to Cambodia so this maybe an option.  I do know a little bit of thai and would like to learn more.  Would the stamp stop me from getting this visa?

3. Apply for new passport from the UK so I have a clean passport.  I know this will not clear my history with Thai immigration but should allow me to get a new TV and using a border crossing should not have a problem.

4.  Although I think this may be too risky could maybe fly to say Chiang Mai and get new VE but would prefer not to do this have quite a lot of baggage and would like to go by land if possible.  

I have looked at the Thai elite visa and at the moment I can't afford this but may look at getting in the next year if I can save some money.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Mark.

1/3 Getting a new passport may the only way you will be able to get another tourist visa.

For Vientiane I suggest you send an email to support at thaivisavientiane.com to try and get your registration sorted out.

2. That may be a good option but it will be hard to do while you are out of the country. 

4. Flying to Chiang Mai may be the best option you have at this time. Not many reports of that airport making problems when trying to enter the country.

Thank you for answering my question.

Think I may go down the ed visa route see what happens seems you can apply while out of the country. But need to email them the documentation.

Was looking into getting new passport and it says it could currently take up to 10 weeks think this is too long.  

Going to Chiang Mai from here seems to have to go through DMK and self transfer which would not really be the point.

Mark, have friend virtually in same situation as yourself. Thinking ubon suggestion of trying to fly CM and enter ve best idea. 

Even to point of spending some time in Cambodia and in that time could you obtain new pp? Does not cover up you previous stays in los, but gets rid of void stamp.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:31 PM, Mark271 said:

Also before coming to Cambodia to apply for TV in May I tried to register for appointment at vientiane but when registering I never received the email.  I have tried using different email but says already registered when trying to resend the email I do not receive it.

Call them up and and tell them you didn't receive the email with your password and they will sort it for you I done the same thing the other day because they didn't reply to my email

10 hours ago, Mark271 said:

Think I may go down the ed visa route see what happens seems you can apply while out of the country. But need to email them the documentation.

Was looking into getting new passport and it says it could currently take up to 10 weeks think this is too long.  

Going to Chiang Mai from here seems to have to go through DMK and self transfer which would not really be the point.

This is in just in retrospect, but you should have started with a 60 days TR Visa instead of the VE,and then applied for an extension. Immigration has been coming down hard this year on people with a lot of VE in a row,in combination with border runs. 

11 hours ago, Mark271 said:

Getting a new passport trick will not work as Thai Immigration upon entry sees all your history.

And now Vientianne and Savannakhet will not grant you Tourist visa based on your recent history.

Hanoi will not give you Ed Visa based on your recent history.

And so on...the game is changing.

Ok to clear some things up not sure why I am saying this as it does not really help with the question I asked.

When I come to Thailand I was not really expecting to stay as long as I did that is why I did not get a TV from my home country.  I was going to go to other places eg cambodia, vietnam maybe also the philippines.  But I got sort of lazy and was enjoying my time in Thailand.

The visa I got at the times I got them suited me at the time.  Could I have done things better maybe but we are now where we are.

I am sure in my original post I said if I got a new passport it would not clear my history with Immigration but would allow me to get new Tourist Visa.  The reason for new passport is because they have stamped me.  From what I can see I will never be able to get another Tourist Visa using this passport even if I wait 6 or 12 months.  

Where is my money coming from.  Well if you read my original post you will see I told immigration that my uk company has allowed me to travel and is still paying me.  This was not a lie I still get paid each month by my UK company.

If I do go down the new passport route then like someone has mentioned if I carry on doing the same then I will have the same problems.  So I am going to need to change how often I am in Thailand.  What is the best way to still be allowed to come to Thailand on TV without getting rejected or stamped. 3 months Thailand then how long in another country?

When looking at applying for new passport it said 10 week so if it takes this long I should have the new passport by November so in time for Christmas in Thailand so this is probably the option I am going to take.  Just need to sort out my visa in Cambodia first.

Thanks again for  all your help.

Mark.