First salary same week getting work permit

I don't know if this is the correct part of the forum or not. But as I have been transferred to Thailand, my work contract states that the first day was 1st of august, but as I am receiving my work permit on Tuesday, I have been here doing the duties of the position in my home country for the past three weeks (guess that is considered working illegally as much as anything else). I arrived a bit prematurely, so the position approval was not approved yet (BOI). So I had to change the visa status, have the position approved, before I would actually need to have an entry stamp with for a non-b visa in order to apply to be put in the position. 

But what would the implications be if my employer register my tax id and do the salary payout for the month of august through the thai company instead of the company in my home country? Since I receive my work permit so late in the month, would this cause problems?

If your employer chooses to pay you a full month's salary for a few days work then that's up to them.

As long as your official start date is the date on your work permit and your employer pays your social fund and deducts income tax then there are no problems.

Archived