Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

How can this ridiculous system be in use when it is so bad.

I'm happy to be proved wrong here but this is my understanding

VAR has been in testing for about 3 years now but for some reason the FA have decided to use it differently to the rest of europe which has been under test and been through lessons learnt. Under instruction probably but VAR haven't over turned a ref's decision and a ref hasn't even been to look at a monitor yet. The FA is at fault here

• Like 1
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season, even if it is accidental," says the Premier League. Jesus' goal, technically, was created by the use of

Liverpool almost lost their match against Villa due to VAR not being used consistently. For the Villa goal and the Firmino goal, and the Mane foul in the box.    Villa given a goal through V

VAR is a good idea, but inspecting it for just about anything to the point of the extreme is madness. Next it will be was the scoring side goalkeeper picking his nose and distracting players.  

Posted Images

On 11/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, mrbojangles said:

I'm happy to be proved wrong here but this is my understanding

VAR has been in testing for about 3 years now but for some reason the FA have decided to use it differently to the rest of europe which has been under test and been through lessons learnt. Under instruction probably but VAR haven't over turned a ref's decision and a ref hasn't even been to look at a monitor yet. The FA is at fault here

It's nothing to do with the FA. The Premier League and the PGMOL are the ones who control how VAR is being used in the EPL.

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

VAR gone by Xmas I reckon.

From your mouth to the big man's ear, but it is tough to get rid of this kind of thing once implemented. Here's to hoping!

• Like 1
On 10/27/2019 at 8:32 AM, FarangryBirds said:

As much as I don't really care for the egg-chasing, Watching the world cup I have been impressed with how their VAR works. Mainly because the conversation between the referees and the team in the VAR room is transparent, so we the fans better understand how the end decision was reached.

Football seems to scared to Mic up the refs and show replays on the screen of contentious incidents.

Football can't mic up the refs, because most of the players are overgrown children, and the viewers at home would hear all their swearing and temper tantrums. 

Much better use of VAR in the CL

Penalty given for a tug on Sterling. Over turned correctly VAR as it was a tad outside the box

No penalty given for handball. Overturned by the ref who had a quick look on the monitor and correctly awarded a penalty.

The fact Jesus duffed it and missed is irrelevant 😀

All done quite quickly with no drama. PL should take note

Think if he'd checked the VAR monitor for Bravo's sending off he might have changed to a yellow only. Atalanta player cleverly used a trailing leg to make himself go down but yes overall VAR worked better in the CL. Now if they could only get the 4th officials board to work 555 😀

^Guardian agrees

"Looking at Bravo’s dismissal: Studying replays of the incident that led to Bravo’s red card, I think the goalkeeper was hard done by. His decision to rush out of his penalty area was undeniably idiotic, but he didn’t bring Ilicic down. The Atalanta striker saw an opportunity to go down and caressed Bravo’s back with his trailing leg as he went to ground. But through his impetuousness, Bravo gave the referee a decision to make; whether or not he made the right one – in consultation with VAR – is open to debate."