Nor Sor 3 Gor - 80% is Forest Land

I have a Nor Sor 3 Gor Title deed where 80% of the area is in the Forest zone, illustration attached white stripes indicates Forest Zone.

What normally happens in these situations as regards to construction, area is Koh Lanta, Krabi.

Capture.PNG.65a683882bf8a63e4d9f38e70a8a7d80.PNG

I am asking you?

I don't know what you call forest zone.

If it's the same as national park then you aren't allowed to build.

You can go to the local land office and check the zoning laws, every island has different ones and they tell you where it's allowed to build and where not.

but they also have different zones and names for them.

Chiang mai for example has a green zone, yellow zone, red zone... all different laws. Not allowed to build anything commercial like a hotel in greenzones, strictly speaking you are only allowed to build farming houses there etc.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/Greater-Phuket-Phang-Nga-hit-tough-new-zoning-law#targetText=The zones%2C referred to as,housing units or government use.

This is out it is in Phuket, 

The zones, referred to as “communities” in the regulations, see most beachfront land being designated as either forest conservation zones or for agricultural use, which limits any new projects to single housing units or government use.

Local property expert Bill Barnett explained, “Developers looking to build within the forest zone cannot execute residential or commercial subdivisions, except single units, or construct shophouses.”

Guess it's the same in Lanta.

if it's the same, it's not a big deal, most beach front land has regulations like that too. Just means you can't build more than 1 floor and not higher than 6 metres (usually).

"I have a Nor Sor 3 Gor Title deed where 80% of the area is in the Forest zone, illustration attached white stripes indicates Forest Zone.

What normally happens in these situations as regards to construction, area is Koh Lanta, Krabi."

I had the same issue.  Different island.

You need a lawyer. 

Someone posted "it's not a big deal".  They probably have never invested in land, home, condo, car, nothing and never will.

Get a lawyer.

The main point is that your will be unable to get the title deed upgraded to NS4 Chanote. That can't be done with land like this.

Can you build? On National Forest, no. On wooded land that you have to chop down the trees, no. On land that has been cleared for decades... It depends.

9 hours ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

I had the same issue.  Different island.

You need a lawyer. 

Someone posted "it's not a big deal".  They probably have never invested in land, home, condo, car, nothing and never will.

Get a lawyer.

Oh spare me that bs, we have a beach home and there we had similar regulations, it's all over thailand...

here are the zoning laws for koh lanta: https://www.retalkasia.com/blog/iain-tiltman/key-issues-foreigners-buying-koh-lanta-thailand/thai-laws/property-laws#targetText=The restrictions and the requirements,Lanta and protect the environment.&targetText=Buildings may take up no,75 per cent open space.

We had to get 4 building permits in the end, for 4 different buildings as every building was only allowed to be 100 sqm and single floor, that's also the reason you don't see any big 20 floors hotels on those island.

All buildings are connected via terrace and non-fixed roof. 4metres mind distant between them.

Swimming pool needs it's own building permit too.

Only xx percent of the land could be build on too.

20 metres away from tide line, closer to beach not possible.

Totally normal on all small thai islands.

Your land looks like it's zone 2 i guess? 

Zone 2: From 50 to 150 metres inland (elevation below 40 metres above sea-level)

• The height limit for buildings is 12 metres.
  • No shop houses may be constructed (residential row houses are acceptable but must have a gap equal to the width of each unit after every fifth unit).
  • Building space may not take up more than 50 per cent of total land area, leaving at least 50 per cent open space

Easy, as long as the land is good enough you can build a decently looking house

7 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Oh spare me that bs, we have a beach home and there we had similar regulations, it's all over thailand...

here are the zoning laws for koh lanta: https://www.retalkasia.com/blog/iain-tiltman/key-issues-foreigners-buying-koh-lanta-thailand/thai-laws/property-laws#targetText=The restrictions and the requirements,Lanta and protect the environment.&targetText=Buildings may take up no,75 per cent open space.

We had to get 4 building permits in the end, for 4 different buildings as every building was only allowed to be 100 sqm and single floor, that's also the reason you don't see any big 20 floors hotels on those island.

All buildings are connected via terrace and non-fixed roof. 4metres mind distant between them.

Swimming pool needs it's own building permit too.

Only xx percent of the land could be build on too.

20 metres away from tide line, closer to beach not possible.

Totally normal on all small thai islands.

Your land looks like it's zone 2 i guess? 

Zone 2: From 50 to 150 metres inland (elevation below 40 metres above sea-level)

• The height limit for buildings is 12 metres.
  • No shop houses may be constructed (residential row houses are acceptable but must have a gap equal to the width of each unit after every fifth unit).
  • Building space may not take up more than 50 per cent of total land area, leaving at least 50 per cent open space

Easy, as long as the land is good enough you can build a decently looking house

Its more than 40 meters above sea level so zone 4.

Zone 4: Any land more than 40 metres above sea-level

• The building height for buildings in the Zone above 40 metres may not exceed 6 metres.
  • Buildings may not cover more than 25 per cent of total land area.
  • Regulation of the Land Department Land Division must be applied.

14 hours ago, blackcab said:

The main point is that your will be unable to get the title deed upgraded to NS4 Chanote. That can't be done with land like this.

Can you build? On National Forest, no. On wooded land that you have to chop down the trees, no. On land that has been cleared for decades... It depends.

Yes that too, he has to check with the local amphur what kind of "forest" this is, many of those aren't allowed to be cut down at all if its teak, rubber, rosewood etc...

Op If you dont go and ask or have  a lawyer to do due diligence (will cost a couple thousand usd), due diligence is necessary anyway, land title deed history can be very shady in thailand and a birthdefect can ruin a title deed even years after the error was done... 

8 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes that too, he has to check with the local amphur what kind of "forest" this is, many of those aren't allowed to be cut down at all if its teak, rubber, rosewood etc...

Op If you dont go and ask or have  a lawyer to do due diligence (will cost a couple thousand usd), due diligence is necessary anyway, land title deed history can be very shady in thailand and a birthdefect can ruin a title deed even years after the error was done... 

I'm getting the land office to come out and re-survey the land as a pre-cursor to upgrading to a Chanote deed. I will wait and see what comes fromt he survey, talk to the people doing the survey regards forest conservation area, and then goto the forest office also to check.

2 hours ago, ArranP said:

I'm getting the land office to come out and re-survey the land as a pre-cursor to upgrading to a Chanote deed.

Before you do this you need to check that the title deed can be upgraded to NS4 Chanote. Many times such deeds cannot be upgraded beyond NS3G as you cannot have possessory title over some types of forest.

40 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Before you do this you need to check that the title deed can be upgraded to NS4 Chanote. Many times such deeds cannot be upgraded beyond NS3G as you cannot have possessory title over some types of forest.

Yes, they need to establish the encroachment on the forest ( if any ), which I think there is, but will wait and see what comes back from the inspection.

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

To OP

You have bought land as a  company or in wife name? 

At the moment Wife, but will tranfser to children later once land title and building license are in place..

Archived