Lost TM6 Arrival Card

I started stapling these to my passport pages.

Only in Thailand would they give you a 2"x2" document and tell you to hang onto it until you leave the country.

Make sure he's up to date on his TM30s when he leaves Thailand.  That will give them one less reason to complain

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

No problem, people lose this all the time, he just has to fill out a new one at the airport before leaving the country

Exactly. Happens all the time. Grab card ( often assist personal in line provide them) take a pen and fill in. As Jack advised zero issue

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/20/2020 at 9:54 AM, beddhist said:

No, I don't have a copy.

IIRC the only people who ever stapled anything to my passport were Thai IOs. I hate staples and don't own a stapler.

Don't staple anything in your passport as it can damage the passport page when a careless official takes it out (and might cause trouble when using that damaged passport).  I suggest using a paper-clip in order not to lose the card, and remove that paper-clip when handing over the passport.

As mentioned in earlier posts losing the departure-part of the TM-6 card isn't a big problem as IO will provide you with a new one when applying for a service where it is required at your local IO, or at immigration when leaving the country.

But it is inconvenient since you won't be able to do an on-line 90-day report or an on-line TM-30 filing, without providing the correct and unique number on the TM-6 card with which you entered Thailand.

In case of passport loss I always make a photo of my last entry stamp with the permission to stay date, as well as a front-back photo of the TM-6 card.

I arrived in Thailand 11 January on V-E (I'm American). Since then, I've done a 30-day extension, then converted to non-O (marriage), and just submitted for my 1-year extension. All at CW.  I do not have a TM6, nor a TM30. Nobody asked during any of those visits, and nobody cared.

I did ask at CW about getting a replacement TM6. They told me quite definitively they will not do it; I can get a replacement at the airport. So I've just ignored it. 

• Thanks 1