TM30 on a TV extension in BKK

Yes, this might be a problem

But your GF could just file a TM30 before you apply for an extension (put the then current date or the day before on the form for when you arrived), then it won't be a problem.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yes, this might be a problem

But your GF could just file a TM30 before you apply for an extension (put the then current date or the day before on the form for when you arrived), then it won't be a problem.

I have to do the Extension Tuesday. So she can just log in online and she can fill out the TM30 and I'll be good to go?

Would the problem just be a fine?

Thanks for the reply. I've been seeing some people say its not problem on tourist visas searching through the facebook group and reading websites but cant find a concrete answer which is why im here.

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If she has registered for the online TM30 before, then yes she can just do this.

She hasnt registered for it.When we did my last TV extension 3 months ago nothing was said about the TM30 but I guess now its a different climate. 

Will I be able to just pay the fine and get an extension?

Edited by lovesthespicy

7 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Ok I can live with that. I was just worried they'd send me home to get some type of paperwork or something. 

Thanks for the timely replies! 

Some folk might advise this or that. Fact is many reports coming through from two groups. Those just trying to get 30 day extension and others doing annual extension ....both getting directed to tm30 line and fine 800bht. 

Others with tm30 receipt from owner or whatever having no problem. Take along 800 and measure in extra couple of hours.

This is bs.

10 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Ok I can live with that. I was just worried they'd send me home to get some type of paperwork or something.

You will likely be fined and have to lodge a TM30 prior to being given the extension so yes, you will need the paperwork.

If it's too much hassle, have a romantic night at a nice hotel the night before.

58 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

I have to do the Extension Tuesday. So she can just log in online and she can fill out the TM30 and I'll be good to go?

Would the problem just be a fine?

Thanks for the reply. I've been seeing some people say its not problem on tourist visas searching through the facebook group and reading websites but cant find a concrete answer which is why im here.

I'm certainly not expert. In your shoes I would download tm30 fill it in. If you have a tm6 for last entry to Los, then use that date. File as possessor. You won't have a lease as its you gf joint. But not a deal breaker. My thinking best tract and avoid hit up on gf. Given short time frame cop the 800baht. 

2 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

So lets say you check into a hotel for a staycation day before you need to do the 30/60 day extension? check out day of the extension or one day after.

TM30 problem solved and timed saved at immigration?

No, but the the hotel fills the new TM30 and it will appear on the immigration system. Then go to CW within 24hrs and afterwards apply for the extension. Maybe someone can correct me, but havn`t heard of any case where a fine had to be paid with the most recent TM 30 filled out (but forgetting the ones in the past)

• Thanks 1

So the TV extension line was like 3 people when I walked in. I think they were going to just give me the extension(not 100% sure) but they ended up pointing to my "this person travels to Thailand on TV often" blue stamp from SAV and said I have to go to the other line. I didnt even notice the stamp actually it was so hard to see and they didnt say anything so yeah that was lame.

Waited another 4 hours to get into the TM30 line. I noticed tons of older couples complaining and frustrated. Talked to another 60+ couple whos lived here 27 years saying how its tough for them and they had to come down. Anyways waited and tried to act like I didnt have my GFs info but they said no take. Had to print out a rental agreement and GFs info and ended up getting the extension spending the entire day down there. 

Honestly if I didnt have a GF here I'd just not bother anymore. Talking to that couple who has 4 kids who're born here and speak fluent Thai and are more Thai then USA/British but arent even Thai citizens says all you need to know. Even the people who feel good today under the rules shouldnt as anything could happen tomorrow. 

It was the extension fee +a 800 baht fine. I imagine gf gets a fine in the mail or someting.

Edited by lovesthespicy
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Talking to that couple who has 4 kids who're born here and speak fluent Thai and are more Thai then USA/British but arent even Thai citizens says all you need to know.

There are many parents who put obstacles in their children's way, this is not exclusive to Thailand.

22 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

I imagine gf gets a fine in the mail or someting.

It would really surprise me if this should happen. If she should really get something please let us know.