Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme and Bilateral Agreement

Hello

Can someone tell me the difference between Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme and Bilateral Agreement?

1594130019467fd39c8d777f9a87bea7.png

So it seems Russia have Bilateral Agreement. Aand this i saw early today on the "On nuts Guys" website:

3f01aba02bcecd1a65d09e85f9764598.png 

Does it mean Russians can have more then 2 TIMES 30 day at land border in one calendar year?

We r in the same columns with Cambodians and Laos people and some of them obv crossing border more then 2 times a year ) 

Tnx

The bilateral agreement means that Thai's can get visa exempt entries in the countries the agreement is with.

There is no limit on visa visa exempt entries at land border crossings for those on a bilateral agreement. But they cannot apply for a 30 day extension of those entries.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The bilateral agreement means that Thai's can get visa exempt entries in the countries the agreement is with.

There is no limit on visa visa exempt entries at land border crossing for those on a bilateral agreement. But they cannot apply for a 30 day extension of those entries.

Thank you for the answer 

So,basically i can try my 3d border run in Cambodia this year? 

17 minutes ago, YuryBalyasnikov said:

Thank you for the answer 

So,basically i can try my 3d border run in Cambodia this year? 

Yes you can do one.  But best to not try to do it at the Poi Pet crossing. They will tell you that you that must stay overnight and might still deny entry when you try to enter the country.

Bilateral agreement just means that Thailand and the other country have mutually agreed tit for tat on entries, e.g. yours 30 days to us and ours 30 days to you. 

Well, isn't that the same as say Canada or the USA then? It's 30 days visa exempt also, right? Nope.

There is no agreement back and forth. Thailand just decided that say Canadians or Americans are OK for VE entry despite no corresponding agreement back to Canada or the USA (as if...).

So VOA, here's a list of a few countries who pay and only for 15 days, VE with no bilateral agreement, here's a big whack of countries who won't do the same for Thais, and then bilateral, here are a few that will do the same for Thais.

I doubt Peru is chock full of Thais and vice versa but they are apparently allowed. This might be due to trade agreements between the bilateral nations. 

Everyone else not under one of the 3 categories has to apply for a visa, like most if not all Africans appear to have to do.

Note on the chart somehow they have Peruvians and a few others under both the typical 30 day VE scheme and the 90 day bilateral scheme so it's hard to say how they apply that logic. It would have helped to see what * and ** meant on the chart.  Maybe post the whole chart including the footnotes.