Looking for a solar company around Udon, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan

Goinghomesoon

Our area near Phon Phisai has no government electricity, though for 10 years it's been coming "soon".  We have a 2-panel solar system rigged up to a car battery, installed by my handy brother in law following YouTube instructions.  It's enough to run a fan and a few lights, elevating our place to a level just above glorified camping and that's been fine with us to date.   However we have a few more people spending extending periods there and would like to put in more panels + battery system.   This time (though BIL may get upset) we want to get a professional in to make some recommendations about our options.  Any good recommendations out there?

Diesel generators comes to mind , good for standby .

Solar power is  a source of energy , thais seem reluctant to tap into .

What about a wind turbine, generating electricity . 

i am very interseted in  your energy project . 

Good luck . 

Have used this company for roof channel,clamps mc4 connectors etc, they have prices for installed systems. Not sure how far they travel but you've got some prices, might save you having your pants pulled down.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, elliss said:

Diesel generators comes to mind , good for standby .

Solar power is  a source of energy , thais seem reluctant to tap into .

What about a wind turbine, generating electricity . 

i am very interseted in  your energy project . 

Good luck . 

Thanks.  We already spend a packet on fuel to pump water from dams to various places around the property.   The other options are interesting. Sending hubby home in October to check things out.

4 hours ago, Issanman said:

This guy has dozens of straight talking and simple to follow videos about building or enlarging your own off-grid solar setup:

He makes is sound pretty simple.

Lots of parts available on Lazada.

I think this is the guy my BIL followed to install our existing system! 

• 2 months later...

I would suggest you sit down on your PC and watch on YouTube all about solar panels and batteries.

There are really four parts:

Solar Panels

Control Unit

Batteries

Inverter

Decide your budget and your requirements and put it together.

Maybe even get the BIL involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the efforts to put some parameters around what we need were not really addressed.  Hubby went to a company in Udon Thani and they tried to sell him a kit that allows you to be on-grid/off-grid. We don't have electricity so what use would that be?  In typical Thai style there is no questioning of anyone considered an 'expert' (doctors, lawyers, solar panel shops!) and no discussion of alternatives.   I have to laugh, because then he got waylaid by a system that would run the water pump to water our trees and vegies....  

Archived