Film Visas

I'm a filmmaker, with credits for four films which I both wrote and directed, some of them well known, and about thirty films I wrote the script for.  I noticed that Thailand issues visas for people who want to shoot a movie here.  If I did shoot a movie here, it would be on video and paid for out of my own pocket, using film students who wanted to gain experience on my crew and make a very minimal paycheck, and instead of actors I would use real people who I think would make a big impression onscreen.  Hey, if the film was good, they could leave their jobs selling food on the street or doing laundry and become actors.

Do I need some studio backing me to send all the necessary letters and associate documents, or can I just have the visa people do a five second Google search to show them that I'm a legit filmmaker, and want to get to work. 

Any information would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by Dolmance
I needed to add a bit of information.

WeLL I looked into this meself a ways back, and based on my generally worthless research, it looks like you need more than just showing up and saying here I am.

If you got the connections, get a studio to write you some letters. Will make it easier. And dont forget to budget for your Thai government minder who you have to pay every day.

Let me know if you need help, I have several years in front of cameras ????