Most Thais feel it is inappropriate to politicize on the oath issue – poll

webfact

Most Thais feel it is inappropriate to politicize on the oath issue – poll

IMG_21810_20190728113122000000.jpg

The majority of the respondents disagree with the politicization of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s alleged incomplete oath taking, according to Super Poll.

Super Poll Research Office director Noppadol Kannikar said Sunday that 75.3% of 1,102 respondents, polled during between August 10th and 17th, feel that that the oath-taking controversy was politicized inappropriately, while 24.7% said that it was all right for the issue to be politicized.

On the question about whether Prime Minister Prayut is the appropriate person to be responsible for addressing the people’s hardships, the poll shows that 64.7% agreed that the Prime Minister is the right man for the job, compared to 35.3% who said other people would be more suitable.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/most-thais-feel-it-is-inappropriate-to-politicize-on-the-oath-issue-poll/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-08-19

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Why are they saluting?

So called government is civilian, they are wearing civil service uniforms, civil servants do not salute, but bow to show respect.

Force of habit.

The transition from army man to civil servant has not yet registered, especially as they are still just following orders.

Dont get me wrong but if you your politicize each and every breach during oaths to flag, country and king - then the existing jails would not suffice to lock all those oath breakers.

No corruption, no cheating, no lying ......... my foot! 

45 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Difficult to believe.. but then I am still shocked P is still in charge of the country after the election. I have not yet figured out how he managed to make that happen. 

He's a celebrity songwriter, Thai's love a celebrity!

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are they saluting?

So called government is civilian, they are wearing civil service uniforms, civil servants do not salute, but bow to show respect.

They also kiss the designated areas of their seniors! It's where the sun does'nt shine!

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are they saluting?

You can take the generals out of the army.. but you can't take army out of the Generals.. 

just wearing different camouflage !!

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are they saluting?

It's actually a government officer's uniform, not the same as civil servant.

They only bow to the king to show respect. They wai everyone else, including monks and Buddha statues.

As they as generals, ex military, it's appropriate to salute.

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Difficult to believe.. but then I am still shocked P is still in charge of the country after the election. I have not yet figured out how he managed to make that happen. 

Why is it difficult to believe? Allow me to rewrite the headline for you "Noppadol Kannikar said Sunday that 75.3% of 1,102 (military) respondents"  

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are they saluting?

The Head of the Thai Armed Forces is a position vested in the Thai monarch, who as sovereign and head of state is the commander-in-chief of the Royal Thai Armed Forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_of_the_Royal_Thai_Armed_Forces

If you were active or retired Thai military you'd be saluting too.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are they saluting?

Because this land is fascinated with uniforms, ribbons, medals, wings and other quasi-military regalia. This salute is just another example of a meaningless gesture.

so... one normally expects, in these Polls; that amonsgst the YESs and NOs

- that are always the abstainers.

In this sort of case, the ones that are afraid of repurcussions resulting from saying what they really feel... 

I suppose the Non votes, get smudge piled into the YESs, seeing as they didn't say NO

10 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I think that if anything goes wrong he can always cop a plea that he really isn't responsible because he didn't do the oath. It seems that all the PMs eventually do something wrong.

Given they can keep their passports after being charged with a crime what do you expect...

Archived