Calls for stricter control or a ban on use of single-use plastic bags

webfact

Oh the dugong was sooooo na ruk!

It is so sad, it died!

...On facebook, right now, messaged by a bunch of Thai- girlies, while sucking on their iced late from a plastic cup, with a plastic straw, carried in a plastic bag!

26 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I say it as I greet the cashier. I again repeat it as she/he reaches for a plastic bag. I again repeat it as she/he places the first item in the plastic bag. They then repeat it back and take the item out of the plastic bag and into my reusable bag. I pay, thank them and leave. I repeat the process the next day. Life.

To avoid to confuse the cashier you could put the plastic bags into your reusable bag. 

1 hour ago, Darkside Gray said:

And the large heavier plastic bags going to all the land fills do not harm the environment?

What a ridiculous post??....but try goggle for that answer ...have a good one

How will I dispose of my cat crapola and litter?  Do I have to put it in a cup?  We get extra bags when we go out for the shi$$y kitty.

I won't shop at TOPS on their no bag day.  Long lines and lunacy.  I managed to shop at Foodland Lak Si the other day and they pulled the same stunt.  I'm not going to trip carrying a box or something else to save the environment.  What utter nonsense.  I made enough of a fuss at the line that they took the boxes hiding the plastic bags and bagged mine normally.  

If they Thais took care to not  pollute their oceans from their ignorance, then the problem would solve itself.  

Don't tell me I have to help the environment.  I don't want to.

How about educating the Thais to stop treating their country as a garbage dump It's disrespectful to country, flag, religion and something else for Buddha's sake! In fact use those plastic bags to collect your trash and then depose of it properly. It's not rocket science! 

2 hours ago, fullcave said:

How about educating the Thais to stop treating their country as a garbage dump

How about dumping garbage in a bonafide dump?  It's too easy to pour the used oil into the sewer rather than properly disposing of it.  

Thailand - Land of Thinking Optional

Archived