Danish PM says Trump's idea of selling Greenland to U.S. is absurd

webfact

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Just more dribble from an uneducated mind. One of the hazards of never reading, and learning about the world. He is one of the most ignorant men in the world, no doubt about that, so what he says and does cannot really be dwelled upon too much. The fact that he is the president of the US, makes this a bit unfortunate. Just give this another 15 months. He will be gone, and on his way to prison. 

Ah, yes.  Should he not win the 2020 election, the Democrats will make the USA into another Chávez / Madura Venezuela and invent some new evidence and put Trump in prison. I say this because after 2 years of investigations, etc, etc, all they got is Nadar and Shiff telling the world they've got evidence. So while we might have fair law enforcement at this time, when 'they' take over it'll be back to Comey and the rest of that corrupt bunch. I'm sure they can manufacture some evidence then.

Your disparaging comments about lack of education, etc, do not make it true. Just as other people saying he's corrupt, a racist, yada, yada, yada... doesn't make them true.

The idea of the US buying Greenland, while not feasible, it has given people a new talking point. 

2 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Ah, yes.  Should he not win the 2020 election, the Democrats will make the USA into another Chávez / Madura Venezuela and invent some new evidence and put Trump in prison. I say this because after 2 years of investigations, etc, etc, all they got is Nadar and Shiff telling the world they've got evidence. So while we might have fair law enforcement at this time, when 'they' take over it'll be back to Comey and the rest of that corrupt bunch. I'm sure they can manufacture some evidence then.

Your disparaging comments about lack of education, etc, do not make it true. Just as other people saying he's corrupt, a racist, yada, yada, yada... doesn't make them true.

The idea of the US buying Greenland, while not feasible, it has given people a new talking point. 

Yeah.... it's called deflection.

32 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

"Ah, yes.  Should he not win the 2020 election, the Democrats will make the USA into another Chávez / Madura Venezuela and invent some new evidence and put Trump in prison."

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
    "he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles"
    synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, amplification, embroidery, embellishment, overplaying, excess, overkill;

"The idea of the US buying Greenland, while not feasible, it has given people a new talking point."

Yes, and that was possibly the whole idea. Vlad's b***h  pal and Moscow Mitch do not want the people focusing on gun control measures so instead they come up with this inane idea.

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

A defence treaty between Denmark and the United States dating back to 1951 gives the U.S. military rights over the Thule Air Base in northern Greenland.

Actually ratified in 1961 during President Kennedy's term.

So far as U.S. rights are concerned in the Agreement, they are bound as benefits in conjunction with the North Atlantic Treaty (that Trump has shown much disdain).

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/den001.asp#2

or

https://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreements/All_Trade_Agreements/exp_002810.asp

19 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Why not buy Mexico? No longer any need for a Trump wall!

A win win situation.

With the money saved, Trump could buy the UK - I've heard that the EU wants to dump them anyway.

Another win win situation.

The U.S. long ago acquired a huge chunk of Mexico.

https://archives.bluenationreview.com/go-back-to-mexico-sentiment-is-most-prevalent-in-states-that-used-to-be-mexico/

I assume your question isn't serious otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The U.S. long ago acquired a huge chunk of Mexico.

https://archives.bluenationreview.com/go-back-to-mexico-sentiment-is-most-prevalent-in-states-that-used-to-be-mexico/

I assume your question isn't serious otherwise.

QUOTE: I assume your question isn't serious otherwise.

I hate it when people don't take me seriously.

7 hours ago, legend49 said:

A defence treaty between Denmark and the United States dating back to 1951 gives the U.S. military rights over the Thule Air Base in northern Greenland.

Well that can be torn up immediately. Seeing US has no respect for treaties.

Really? Has your country honored all treaties, and which has the USA not honored and for what reasons? You are obviously an expert on the subject. Perhaps you can provide this forum with you credentials and expertise in the area of international treaty negotiatons and compliance.

My god what a total oblivious clown we Americans have as a President. Cavorted with Epstein and then tries to accuse the Clintons of having him killed--when he has a lot more to lose than they do with 2020 coming up.  Calls out someone in the audience at a rally as being fat when he is a huge tub of lard, himself.  Seems to believe he has done more as President than any other in history (Umm, FDR?) when all he has accomplished so far is a tax cut for the rich.   Now he thinks he can buy Greenland?  He gets scarier every day.

47 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Really? Has your country honored all treaties, and which has the USA not honored and for what reasons? You are obviously an expert on the subject. Perhaps you can provide this forum with you credentials and expertise in the area of international treaty negotiatons and compliance.

Trump has already threatened several times not to honor America's Nato obligations.

Trump Declines to Affirm NATO's Article 5

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/05/trump-declines-to-affirm-natos-article-5/528129/

There are certain lines you cross with your behavior that essentially revoke your right to use certain terminology when describing others. In this case, Trump does not have the right to label others as nasty, nor does he have to right to claim that others have to show America great respect "on his watch". He has shown great disrespect to nearly every one of our allies, and has shown nothing but admiration for the despots of the world. One cannot take a man like that seriously, regardless of his position. Respect has to earned, and never should be freely given. Trump does not deserve respect. He invites scorn. 

He just does not get any of that. A bit too simple minded to comprehend those finer nuances. 

I think Denmark should make an offer on the US. They need an awful lot of help, with gun control, wealth distribution, dealing with the declining quality of life, immigration, and leadership. I would encourage them to make an offer of say $10 million, for starters. 

One benefit of the deal, would be that Trump would immediately be fired as president, and Mette Frederiksen could take over. The upside is that the US would then have a rational, sane, intelligent woman, who is not a hater, a criminal, and a liar, and most likely not a racist, and a fear monger, who could lead the nation. The chances of the US going to war would decrease overnight, and the number of enemies the US is making would decline. The US would also benefit from someone with a higher education, as Trump quit after a BA, when he found out he would not, and could not qualify for, or handle the masters program at Wharton. He was in completely over his head, so he quit. 

Mette Frederiksen took a degree in business administration and social sciences, and a Master of Science degree in African studies. She finished her studies while she already had a seat in Folketinget, the Danish parliament. She was an early bird, anyway, becoming a member of the social democrat’s youth organization at the age of 15. At that age, Trump was plotting on how to avoid the draft.

Denmark could easily put a 5 quadrillion price tag  for renting Greenland to USA for 100 year. 

That, mere 50 trillion per year, should cover the abuse what USA is going to do for it's national security as well as possible oil and gas deposits. 

There are some good deals to be made. 

Archived