BANGKOK

Posted (edited)

,This is for tourists and regulars to Thailand.

With the strong baht are you giving Thailand a miss this year ?

Have you cut your trips down from twice a year or have you just not gone or will not go for awhile due to the strong baht ?

At nearly $50 Australian for 1000 baht its more expensive for Australian tourists,im wondering if many Aussies will go to Bali instead , 

I have a work mate who went every year in low season, every August for a month, this year with the strong baht,Recession in Australia looming etc, he skipped visiting Thailand ( Phuket) and went to Bali instead , he had been going every year without fail for the last 13 years .

Whilst I have never been to Phuket , he did tell me that the ripoff prices of taxi from the airport etc was far more expensive than Australia and he had had enough

How many of you are not doing your regular yearly visits , did you just stay at your home or you went somewhere else eg Spain, Bali , Europe,Latin America?

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, UbonThani said:

Still cheap. 1000 baht rooms

Rooms next door to me from 180 Bt. Soi Buakow area.

I must say...many people today having lots on their minds about Thailand and it's tourist trade.

Lucky really, that they have not more serious personal stuff to be occupied with?

7 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Or was his choice based on getting laid?

i'm thinking yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I cannot for the life of me understand someone going to Phuket every year for 13 years.   What is there to keep someone coming back?   I could understand someone visiting a different part of Thailand each year (perhaps) but what made him choose the same place instead of going to other countries for his different holidays.  

Or was his choice based on getting laid?

Some people do the same holiday for 30 years. Not me. I like to try new towns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i'm thinking yes.

Would he not be a lot cheaper in Pattaya?