TM30 app wrong MRZ capture again

If (and it's a big "if") the app is set up correctly it should fire up your camera, frame and focus the lines of code at the bottom of the passport page (see example below), once the app recognises it it should scan it itself.

1508253306445.jpg

I don't have the app so if that's not the case and it actually wants a photo taken, same deal, frame and focus the lines of code and take the pic.

5 minutes ago, DickThrust said:

I get green boxes around the MRZ code at the bottom of passport page. Do I just press the MRZ button or do I have to wait?

Cool, when green and in focus press the MRZ button/button to take pic in that case (figures it's not an auto scan 555).

See example vid (not S38 app but same deal although data should then be filled in automatically in the app not shown on screen like the example):

Edited by Salerno
added video
  • Like 1

Give it another crack mate, people are using it so it works, just got to get the hang of it. Few more minutes (hours) of frustration beats a 70 Km trip and god knows how long in Immi.

Got to head to work, good luck ... hope to see a positive outcome later ????

Edited by Salerno

47 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If (and it's a big "if") the app is set up correctly it should fire up your camera, frame and focus the lines of code at the bottom of the passport page (see example below), once the app recognises it it should scan it itself.

1508253306445.jpg

I don't have the app so if that's not the case and it actually wants a photo taken, same deal, frame and focus the lines of code and take the pic.

You are correct. I use it and that is exactly how it works. The scanner must be lined up on the MRZ lines or it fails

D'Oh.

You can manually enter data into the Section38 mobile app using the device's keypad. Just press on the Passport No. line and the keypad will pop up.

Don't bother trying to use the MRZ OPTION.

I couldn't get the MRZ OPTION to work, not sure if it even works, but I had a hard time holding the passport flat, and the phone/camera steady.

MRZ scanners at Immigration have readers which hold the passport snugly.

You can obviously, use the web-site as well.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

I have now successfully registered two TM30 applications on behalf of my Thai wife and did not use the Take Photo or MRZ function I just as recommended here put my Passport number in.

Out of curiosity I did try the MRZ function this morning and when pressed it I got a black screen with a white I assume broken circular activation symbol and when pressing this I just got the same error message as mentioned above.

• Like 1

Mtls2005 and Vibration – thanks, a big help. I hope others can benefit from your advice. As you suggested forget the MRZ scan, fill in details and submit. Thanks again Guys.

The screen ends with submitted successfully. Is that it? Is there a way to check that your submission has been received – sorry for so many questions and thanks again to all who replied to my questions.

My review of the app is that it really is an ill thought out sack of <deleted>.

1. The MRZ appears not to work for some - I spent 2 hours trying to get it to work!!

2. Having to spend 5 minutes scrolling back for DOB is utter nonsense.

3. For type of visa I could not find a non immigrant type "O" - I guessed at non O-VR

Hope this thread helps out with APP problems.

• Like 1

Just found out, after submission, if you go back to home page and click on "search notification of residence", put in "check in date" as your date of submission and click on search, you get details of your notification.

I have done a screenshot of this just in case immigration query your submission.

Best of luck

i apparently succeeded in registration for the app as it gave message . "done" but when i try to login using same email and password i used it says incorrect

any idea?

must i wait until registration is approved?  is it immediate?

• Haha 1

In my case, after I registered, I got an email asking me to confirm my email address. Later, a user name and password are emailed to you - in my case about 14 days later. You then log into the app using user name and password. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, atyclb said:

must i wait until registration is approved?  is it immediate?

Reports on here of people waiting more than 2 months, another report I noticed today I think it was less than a week.

8 hours ago, DickThrust said:

Thanks loads Salerno - great post. I am doing as instructed but still getting message wrong MRZ. I must be very stupid.

I think they paid  (a relative)  not a pro to make site that does not work...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DickThrust said:

2. Having to spend 5 minutes scrolling back for DOB is utter nonsense.

Press on 2019, upper left.

That should bring up a quickly scrollable year selection, scroll up to your birth year, then scroll forward or backward to your birth month/date. Should take a few seconds.

3 hours ago, DickThrust said:

1. The MRZ appears not to work for some - I spent 2 hours trying to get it to work!!

Using the keypad is the obvious solution.

A screen grab of the filing is sufficient if you feel you need a piece of paper to clutch. You're registered in the system so this shouldn't come up as an issue. You could also log in to the web-based system, do a search and print your record - it looks a bit different.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

Reports on here of people waiting more than 2 months, another report I noticed today I think it was less than a week.

^ for password, not email verification (which should be basically instantaneous but reports of quite few hours delay).

• 4 weeks later...