BANGKOK
DickThrust

TM30 app wrong MRZ capture again

Hi, tried to use the app for the first time today. When taking photo of passport, it keeps stating "wrong MRZ please capture again". Any advice? Thanks

He needs to scan his passport photo page, not photograph it.

If (and it's a big "if") the app is set up correctly it should fire up your camera, frame and focus the lines of code at the bottom of the passport page (see example below), once the app recognises it it should scan it itself.

1508253306445.jpg

I don't have the app so if that's not the case and it actually wants a photo taken, same deal, frame and focus the lines of code and take the pic.

25 minutes ago, DickThrust said:

Hi Tanoshi, I don't understand. How do I scan passport. Thanks

Scan it into a file on a PC, then upload the file to your phone.

Posted (edited)

There is no need to use a scanner, the app has an MRZ scanner built in. The issue is whether the OP scanned the correct part of the page.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

Thanks Salerno, still no joy. I get green boxes around the MRZ code at the bottom of passport page. Do I just press the MRZ button or do I have to wait?

Very confused!!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DickThrust said:

I get green boxes around the MRZ code at the bottom of passport page. Do I just press the MRZ button or do I have to wait?

Cool, when green and in focus press the MRZ button/button to take pic in that case (figures it's not an auto scan 555).

See example vid (not S38 app but same deal although data should then be filled in automatically in the app not shown on screen like the example):

Edited by Salerno
added video
  • Like 1

Oh well, I've given up. 70 Km trip to immigration I suppose.

I cannot believe that I am the only one with this problem.

Thanks anyway.

Posted (edited)

Give it another crack mate, people are using it so it works, just got to get the hang of it. Few more minutes (hours) of frustration beats a 70 Km trip and god knows how long in Immi.

Got to head to work, good luck ... hope to see a positive outcome later 😀

Edited by Salerno

Thanks loads Salerno - great post. I am doing as instructed but still getting message wrong MRZ. I must be very stupid.

47 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If (and it's a big "if") the app is set up correctly it should fire up your camera, frame and focus the lines of code at the bottom of the passport page (see example below), once the app recognises it it should scan it itself.

1508253306445.jpg

I don't have the app so if that's not the case and it actually wants a photo taken, same deal, frame and focus the lines of code and take the pic.

You are correct. I use it and that is exactly how it works. The scanner must be lined up on the MRZ lines or it fails

Posted (edited)

D'Oh.

You can manually enter data into the Section38 mobile app using the device's keypad. Just press on the Passport No. line and the keypad will pop up.

Don't bother trying to use the MRZ OPTION.

I couldn't get the MRZ OPTION to work, not sure if it even works, but I had a hard time holding the passport flat, and the phone/camera steady.

MRZ scanners at Immigration have readers which hold the passport snugly.

You can obviously, use the web-site as well.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2