Apple CEO warns Trump about China tariffs, Samsung competition

webfact

On 8/20/2019 at 10:02 AM, tonbridgebrit said:

Well, I think that, the posts put up on ThaiVisa ARE actually representative of the views of the general public. Surely, ThaiVisa does not attract a diss-proportionately high percentage of crazy people with crazy ideas ??

Expats are a very small community. Not exactly a mirror reflection of the economic or demographic realities in the USA itself... or anywhere else in the world other than other western expat communities.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, ThePioneer said:

So because they couldn't find the screws in Texas, well actually they did in the end, they claim the whole thing can't be produced in the US.

Must be the lamest excuse i have ever heard

Obviously you haven't a clue about supply chains and manufacturing.

23 hours ago, the guest said:

My reply to Apple is, get the product made in USA. You're a greedy and unpatriotic company in having it made in China !

How cute. In 2019 you think multinational corporations give a flying feddoo about "patriotism". ????????

16 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Nonsense. The USA, the EU, and lots of other major nations have far more open systems than does China.

5555... yes "open systems" politically funded by... wait for it... yep, multinational corporations... hmmm.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Spin it every which way - the USA (and the West in general) are more open to business than China.

You state this as a fact but reality seems to counter your position. Which business environment is ascending and which is declining?

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

5555... yes "open systems" politically funded by... wait for it... yep, multinational corporations... hmmm.

Because big corporations don't compete and don't fail? Your kind of cynicism is deeply simplistic and childish. There is a huge amount of competition out there. And the history of big businesses is littered with failures. Currently, GE, once one of the worlds leading multinational corporations, is in serious trouble.

59 minutes ago, mikebike said:

You state this as a fact but reality seems to counter your position. Which business environment is ascending and which is declining?

I wouldn't know how you define "ascending" or "declining". Or for that matter, that it got much to do with my comment. We've been over this on a past topic - in terms of tariffs, for example, the USA is hardly in the lead, with lower figures than China and even the EU.

Archived