Official transferred after pointing at car with foot

geovalin

The deputy director of the Siem Reap provincial Registration and Driver’s Licence Unit at the Department of Public Works and Transport who last week pointed at the number plate of a car taken in for a technical check with her foot has been transferred.

Sim Sophat’s transfer to the department’s General Affairs Bureau came after social media criticism that she had committed misconduct and an indecent act.

“She has to appear at the General Affairs Bureau every working hour. The General Affairs Bureau, the Registration and Driver’s Licence Unit and Sophat have to cooperate to ensure the resolution is executed effectively,” states a letter dated Friday by Ky Virin, the provincial director of Public Works and Transport.

read more https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/official-transferred-after-pointing-car-foot

maybe she was just unlucky? - a matter of bad timing, that she underfooted a plate, that had the cambo flag decal on it? image.png.a1fed856e3c8294c139765021641883e.png

- should have tried to deflect the criticism, by insisting she was only having a go at the English letters on it!

This is not funny.....my Thai wife was pretty disgusted with me after I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago....you would think after living in Thailand for 13 years I would know better.......like many things here we foreigners don't understand or don't give credence to this is a Major blunder in etiquette.  

Utterly ridiculous and juvenile reaction to the faux outrage associated with what the majority of the population consider as not much more than a social misgiving similar to elbows on the table or eating with your mouth open in the West.

In Thailand these minor social misdemeanors are used to kneecap equality in games of mental oneupmanship. That society continues to confirm to such ridiculousness and use these issues to displace someone only serves to highlight exactly how juvenile those in positions of power are.

35 minutes ago, TGIR said:

This is not funny.....my Thai wife was pretty disgusted with me after I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago....you would think after living in Thailand for 13 years I would know better.......like many things here we foreigners don't understand or don't give credence to this is a Major blunder in etiquette.  

Snap

They all have dirty feet so it's loss of face to show the mere sole of your feet/foot.

Now that finally every Thai can afford a pair of flip flops that doesn't change the scene, though you might think that evolution of flip flops

should be in par with the Thai brain.

A No No is a No No and that will never change. 

2 hours ago, TGIR said:

i also got the anger ... ... 

Archived