What drought?

khwaibah

Remember this tread...

My better half called a shot back then and has it payed off her. Surin City has you know has a very serious problem and where we live 60km south all the major reservoirs are getting seriously low. BUT a pond that it is the heart of her dream is saving the day for her and her family. 

Yesterday and not a drop.

image.png.2534b120a738a4d11e07cb98adeb54da.png

My boss spreading cow pies amongst her rice and she has about 2000 cat fish in that paddy. All that green is her rice. There has been little and most the time NO rain. Look at the bottom of the photo and you will see water. The cow pies are from her project of over 100 head in back of the red roof house.
image.png.2bda9979bc67ce1ecd1e98ca2b705143.png
Where is that water from...HER pond that is very close to the size you in Surin City are getting. Now this pond is NOT full by any means but was dug below the ground water level so it gets recharged and she is using that water for her rice and her new mega garden she is working on. And she has another 2000 cat fish in that pond.
image.png.0ce683cdabfcf795a902fa9ec6de772b.png
image.png.75fc358ac234b308ff5ad681a028b408.png

I remember the thread. Interesting read and food for thought. 

Re the drought: We've had no rain here in Korat/border Buriram for at least a fortnight now so I've had to water my figs again today - using only a very, very long garden hose! 

I hadn't planned on putting irrigation in until Oct., after I return from holidays, but I guess I'll have to to take care of that between now and mid Sept., before I leave. 

I honestly don't want to think about what the next 10-11 months are going to be like waterwise.

We have enough water on farm to see what rice is in through.

However the water in our creek is full of hydrogen sulphide so been hesitant to use that till it gets a good flush.

Normally that creek would flow from may through to end of october.

This year it flowed for a couple of days in june and that's been it.

So water storage is important but clean water more so.

Archived