BANGKOK
webfact

Airport queues: Immigration chief at Bangkok airport, meeting planned for Thursday

9 hours ago, Maverell said:

Yes there are at Suvarnabhumi. 70 years and up - same desk as arriving Thais use. On the far right side as you look at the desks. This info is correct as of 6 months ago.

I used it on 3rd August, 16 days ago.

9 hours ago, sotsira said:

Confused!

I keep reading how tourist numbers are down and it's so 

quiet in all the tourist destinations around Thailand.

Now the airport is overrun with long queues due to so many 

arrivals, IO's will need to do overtime and increase their output

by 30%.

So which is it?

It is all fake news every one playing a numbers game across the board - same in most busy airports. If you land at IAH in Houston around 4pm its the same scene at immigration made worse by multiple AirBus 380 all landing one after the other, bad enough with just 747s. Timing is all important to beat the queues.

At least the chief is walking the line and seeing for himself - can't knock him for that.

10 hours ago, andre47 said:

There are priority lanes processing people aged?

I never saw them. How old you have to be to use them and are they also for farang?

I was in Manila recently and there was an over 65 queue with just me .. 5 minutes .. the other queue was long enough.  

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I have used the priority lane for years, I am not very old or crippled or anything. Maybe I was just lucky,but I used to fly with Qatar airways year after year,and I always got a priority lane pass when checking in online,and I never gave them away. I kept them and used them when I flew with other airlines. Going through immigration was so easy.

Except that the Priority passes are no longer valid, or certainly were not 3 days ago.

The priority line took 30 minutes so goodness knows how long the other lines took.  The problem with the priority line was ‘family groups’ of 6 or 7 with just one child.

There was one immigration guy trying to deter the other people that were trying to join the line.  He wanted to see your boarding pass stub if you were 1st or business class.

I went through BKK immigration July 23, 11 AM, arriving on EVA Air from Taipei originating from Los Angeles. I'm a US citizen.  Haven't been to Thailand in a few years.  Got the standard visa exempt entry stamp.  Que was moderate.  Maybe 3 loops around half of the immigration hall.  Nothing overflowing down the ramp.  Noticed that two of the immigration guys were not bothering fingerprinting the people in their lines.  I guess that helped speed things up!  I was through in about 25 minutes.  Really never stood still in line, just shuffled along. 

11 hours ago, drrobert said:

Priority Lane including for those over 70 is next to visa on arrival. For departure it is to the right of the escalators going up to security. This information is up to date as at last weekend. Also generally no queue except for those trying to buck the system. Just remember to say "jet sip". 

It'll be going up to kao sip shortly if too many oldies start to find it.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, about 6 months ago I was approaching the lines, a roving officer quickly and pleasantly took me to the 'over 70' line' and I was through within a few minutes.

Wow ,, your  lucky , you look your age . 

I joined the over 70 line ,  i was  approached by immi rover , and had to show him my passport , to prove my age. 

Edited by elliss

These guys are expert in personal promo tactics. 90% is media show off and 10% they are trying to solve out the problem. 

Whole immigrations is <deleted> up and a giant legal mafia.

This happened last Saturday !!!

My friend and his wife had a stop over in Bangkok from a flight from Denpasar, Bali to DMK. From BKK to Munich and from Munich to Dusseldorf. My friend's wife is Dutch but she also carries an Indonesian passport. Staying in Bali for 2 months having the fastest flight to Holland due to a family emergency, they booked the only available flight which had a stopover in Bangkok. DMK to BKK.

What happened. My friend could easily past immigration, however his wife, just in the line behind him, showed her Dutch passport. The immigration officer could not find an exit stamp in her Dutch passport. She was not allowed into Thailand without an exit stamp in her Dutch passport. Then she showed her Indonesian passport with an exit stamp. That was ok, she only had to pay an fee of 2,000 THB for visa on arrival. My friend paid the 2,000 THB / 60 €. Right after she was arrested for trying to enter Thailand illegally. She had to pay a fine of 300,000 THB / 10,000 € and a 5 year prison. For this and had to go to court on Monday, immigration said. 

My wife and me have been waiting to pick them up for over 6 hours. My wife made some phone calls to some people she knows at immigration. Later the fine went down to 40,000 THB and she only got a transfer visa valid for 48 hours after landing.

So the next morning on Suvarnabhumi, she was not allowed to leave Thailand and had to pay a fine of 200,000 THB for the previous offence. But in the computer it said, fine 300,000,  only paid 100,000 so they wanted the 200k. So my wife called around again and again. Fine went down to 25,000 THB because my wife knew some people.

Receipt ?

Not possible, receipt office closed !!!

The biggest mafia in Thailand is called immigration !!!!

4 minutes ago, Tops said:

Whole immigrations is <deleted> up and a giant legal mafia.

This happened last Saturday !!!

My friend and his wife had a stop over in Bangkok from a flight from Denpasar, Bali to DMK. From BKK to Munich and from Munich to Dusseldorf. My friend's wife is Dutch but she also carries an Indonesian passport. Staying in Bali for 2 months having the fastest flight to Holland due to a family emergency, they booked the only available flight which had a stopover in Bangkok. DMK to BKK.

What happened. My friend could easily past immigration, however his wife, just in the line behind him, showed her Dutch passport. The immigration officer could not find an exit stamp in her Dutch passport. She was not allowed into Thailand without an exit stamp in her Dutch passport. Then she showed her Indonesian passport with an exit stamp. That was ok, she only had to pay an fee of 2,000 THB for visa on arrival. My friend paid the 2,000 THB / 60 €. Right after she was arrested for trying to enter Thailand illegally. She had to pay a fine of 300,000 THB / 10,000 € and a 5 year prison. For this and had to go to court on Monday, immigration said. 

My wife and me have been waiting to pick them up for over 6 hours. My wife made some phone calls to some people she knows at immigration. Later the fine went down to 40,000 THB and she only got a transfer visa valid for 48 hours after landing.

So the next morning on Suvarnabhumi, she was not allowed to leave Thailand and had to pay a fine of 200,000 THB for the previous offence. But in the computer it said, fine 300,000,  only paid 100,000 so they wanted the 200k. So my wife called around again and again. Fine went down to 25,000 THB because my wife knew some people.

Receipt ?

Not possible, receipt office closed !!!

The biggest mafia in Thailand is called immigration !!!!

Total BS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

Total BS

Absolutely NOT !!!
That what's happening.

Tips are not allowed any more so they have to get their money from something else.

If you haven't experienced it, why reply ???
Idiot !