BANGKOK
webfact

Video: Shocking violence sees biker pull a knife and knock out taxi driver

Interesting that there is little or no police emergency response by calling a 3 digit number. Primative, backward and pathetic. The criminals, both foreign and domestic can commit such crimes and don't have to fear cops coming from all directions; including helicopters, dogs and special weapons teams. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bander said:

Nothing new here, just normal Thai street road rage justice.

Some advice to anybody who got the impression that Thais are friendly and helpful people in the traffic or on the roads are terribly mistaken.

If you are involved in a accident with any thai male lock the doors close the windows and call your insurance agent and the police and wait until any of them arrive before you unlock the door. 

If you for some reason think it's safe to try to solve who caused the accident yourself, beware that Thais always will stick together against the foreigner and they can quickly turn into a mob.

Just telling from own experience.

While your post has some merit, based on your personal experience, my experience is somewhat different. Insurance agents called, no mob, no trouble and the scooter driver with no license that hit my car...well, his experience ruined his day. Thank goodness for my front and rear car-cam

Not all incidents require simeone to do what I have done in the past. I merely share my experiences and refrain from telling others what they should do in the event of a traffic accident. They can figure that out for themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andre47 said:

Unbelievable....this man should be imprisoned for a long time and treated by an psychiatrist.

This man? Most thai drivers have this agenda, better to beat up or kill a taxi driver who had done some traffic error than lose face.

Last night a thai guy in a new SUV was blocking the soi I live in at my village by parking in the middle of the road. 

I honked my horn and that made him furious, he came out of the car and acted like a maniac yelling and screaming, running back and forth. 

I locked my doors and waited for the security guard to arrive.

No way I try to interfere with a lunatic who probably have a gun.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bander said:

This man? Most thai drivers have this agenda, better to beat up or kill a taxi driver who had done some traffic error than lose face.

Last night a thai guy in a new SUV was blocking the soi I live in at my village by parking in the middle of the road. 

I honked my horn and that made him furious, he came out of the car and acted like a maniac yelling and screaming, running back and forth. 

I locked my doors and waited for the security guard to arrive.

No way I try to interfere with a lunatic who probably have a gun.

Obviously the psychiatrists have a lot more to do 🙂

I had a similar experience. I used my horn because another driver ignored my right of way and caused a dangerous situation. On the next traffic light this man came to me and gave me a slap in my face. So think twice before you use your horn or criticize somebody here. If they loose their face they often also loose their control.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

its not me. i am still in Hua Hin. 

Glad to hear that. 🙂 

• Haha 1

The video has gone. If it can't be seen, it didn't happen.

• Like 1

"Video unavailable".... Did the Tourist Authority take it for future promotional use?

17 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

"Video unavailable".... Did the Tourist Authority take it for future promotional use?

2 hours ago, Spock said:

The video has gone. If it can't be seen, it didn't happen.

Liveleak

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

Obviously the psychiatrists have a lot more to do 🙂

I had a similar experience. I used my horn because another driver ignored my right of way and caused a dangerous situation. On the next traffic light this man came to me and gave me a slap in my face. So think twice before you use your horn or criticize somebody here. If they loose their face they often also loose their control.

Were you on a bike? Thai man in a car or suv?  Bikers are at a lower category than cars or SUVs so the man acted pompously.

The Taxidriver forget to overrun this Knive retard.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Shocking violence

Really????  Shocking?  To who? This is normal in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You just can't enjoy a little ultraviolence with my droogs without a little of the 'ol in-out.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The bike had no license plate

Been seeing this often on Thai roads.