New passport...what is stamp transfer process at Chaengwattana

Hi, I have renewed my passport and need to transfer my old reentry permit and the latest entry stamp. Does anyone know the process for doing this at Chaengwattana....time it takes, cost etc. Also, the old TM6 will have my previous passport number, does that also need to be adjusted? 

Does the original non immigrant O visa stamp also need to be transferred?

Thanks

The original non o is not transferred. Make sure you bring the letter from your embassy relating to issue of new pp. Easy process at CW. Where did you obtain your reentry permit? When I did the process cw would not transfer the reentry permit as I had obtained it at DM. I just travelled with both pp no big deal.

Edited by DrJack54

Does it make a difference on how you do it depending on where you come from ?

That I don't know.

Did mine a few months ago, British passport. 

Never understand why people ask for advice then give out so little information it's impossible to answer the question.

You will need copies of both passports photo page. Copies of your visa, most recent entry extension of stay stamps, re-entry permit and TM6 departure card.

Letter from embassy requesting the stamps be transferred.

This form completed. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

Your visa will not be transfered. The will do a stamp with spaces on it for info about your old passport and the visa you used to get the permit to stay you have been extending.

They will do nothing with your TM6 card. It does not seem to matter if it still has your old passport number on it.

Hard to say how long it will take. There is no fee.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Thanks Joe and Jack

Does anyone know if there is special desk for this at Chaengwattana and if there is a fee?

Go to the queue counter and show the paperwork to the person behind the counter who will issue you with a ticket to go to the proper section.  I have done it in the past at Chaeng Wattana and there was no fee. 

I did the stamp transfer at CW on Friday.

I arrived ~ 09:30. You'll probably be directed to area L, this is based on your current visa/extension type. So with an Extension of Stay based on Retirement or Marriage it's area L. But they'll determine that at the queue desk.

Visited Immigration (Div. 1/CW) Friday, Aug. 16, 2019 to “Transfer Stamp”. Arrived ~ 09:30, number 71 in L section, serving no. 21 at the time. (No mention of TM30, but I am filed now for the first time, online system, my most recent re-entry. Had proof, but was not asked for it.) Started with first level IO at 11:40, finished at 11:55 (many interruptions with other agent-accompanied customers just waltzing in to the cubicle area), came back after lunch break, received passport within 30 seconds.

New stamps take up two full pages with the first one making reference to my old PP #, issue date, most recent visa type (Non-B/2013), an old entry stamp, the last used on the Non-B in 2014, and the current entry stamp date (July 5, 2019), and a stamp from today. The second page has my current Ext of Stay, recreated, and a stamp from today.

There is no fee.

I had left the passport no. field blank on my TM6 Departure Card knowing I would be getting a new passport soon. I filled it in with the new number. If you've filled it in simply cross it out and add the new number.

The Embassy letter is a hard requirement, AFAIK. I had renewed my passport via the U.S. Embassy here so the letter was included in the return mailer.

xferstamdoclist.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

After your stamps have been transferred, you need a new queue ticket at Section C to get your Re-entry permit transferred.

When I inquired about my multiple re-rentry permit (issued at CW) I was told, by the first level IO (section L) that I should use my old passport for the re-entry.

As of now I have no int'l travel plans before my next ext of stay renewal in a few weeks, at which time I'll also get a new MEREEP.

If you do have to visit the re-entry permit section maybe budget another 2 ~ 3 hours as that section was mobbed.

You can make an appointment at the REEP section online, with two days notice, which guarantees a service time of 5 minutes, supposedly. No clue if this would work for a MEREEP transfer?

Edited by mtls2005