Retiree/ marriage visa expat health insurance new rules.

Martay55

Moving to Thailand end of 2020 ref pending marriage to thai national , ref the new 400k baht /40k baht medical cover before visa issued , is expat health insurance to be done thru Thai approved company or will global ex pat insurance from country of origin suffice , seems there is no clear guidelines on how this works , anyone ? with any info be appreciated

Sure you want to do this. Marry your lady, but why don't you look for a place that treats you like a human?

I made this move 5 years ago, and believe me there is no way I'd make it again. I feel terribly guilty towards my two young daughters as  they have no future here, and they will have to move to a proper place once they reach adulthood. Fortunately they both have French and Australian passports.

41 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Sure you want to do this. Marry your lady, but why don't you look for a place that treats you like a human?

I made this move 5 years ago, and believe me there is no way I'd make it again. I feel terribly guilty towards my two young daughters as  they have no future here, and they will have to move to a proper place once they reach adulthood. Fortunately they both have French and Australian passports.

+1   the writing's on the wall, the party's over and Thailand wants the farang expats gone, they don't even want farang tourists popping in too often. Many of us are stuck here in marriages, relationships, with kids, invested in homes/property...but anyone planning to come in the future and set up fresh...you gotta have rocks in your head. 

For O-X visa it has to be one of deveral Thai based policies, all expensive and poor value.

O-A visa rules have not yet been annoynced. At present can still get O-A without it. There was mention in the press that international policies would be accepted but nothing is sure until the rules come into effect.

These are retirement visas. If married to a a Thai national you can instead get a regular O visa and extend it annually (or enter on tourist visa and convert to O then extend). No mention so far of insurance requirement for that. You certainly should still have insurance but you're free to shop around for best value.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived