Bad Guys Out! Immigration chief outlines latest busts of foreigners

webfact

Just more xenophobia, hate, and fear of outsiders from the racist immigration crew. This organization needs to be reformed with men and women of vision, who have some perspective on his much immigrants, tourists, ex-pats and foreigners in general, bring to the table here. Out with small Oud. In with people of intelligence and understanding of the world. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

foreign who has marry thai woman and live alltime thailand and has build own house, need be free visa,

Foreign who has many Thai women friends in bars and go-go's should been given free visa, and a medal.

Many of these Thai women has build house with the money foreign men spended in bars & go-go's.

15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Friends of mine in Jomtien, they travel regularly in Thailand,and have never done a TM30 when coming back home. You just wait for next 90 days report.

I did my 90 days last Tuesday and enquired with them about going to Chiang Mai on the coming Friday (now past) and asked the wife could do the TM 30 when I do my next 90 days, NO NO NO, we can stretch it from 24 hours to 48 maybe 72 hours if its a weekend, but no later than that, so we went in again on Monday, i.e. twice in one week, once to do the 90 days and once to do the TM 30, yep a 2 and half hour return journey to do the TM 30, and he did say it will be easier when you get your password to do it online.

So I guess it depends on the IO you go to, but to be honest, I wouldn't trust them, i.e. things change here all the time and all it would take for your friend is to go in when doing his 90 days and someone saying, NO NO NO you must come here within 24 hours, you pay fine !

Can't wait for the wife to get the password so we can just do it on the app and be done with it every time, the next time will be October.

27 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

I'm sad for you and people of your kind. Doing the Tm30 when it's actually so easy to checkin at any hotel with your wife name. Foreigners really deserve all the troubles that happen to them. I have never declared my address anywhere and will never !

You don't know what you're talking about. The law says that EVERY foreigner has to be reported staying somewhere/anywhere. It doesn't matter if your wife checks you in. You are still the foreigner. Maybe you have never stayed at a proper hotel/guesthouse, where they ALWAYS submit the TM30? You can not refuse to give them your passport or you will get denied to stay. I'm just telling you what the law says. I don't care the least if they don't report me,because it's not my problem. And handing over the passport for a couple of copies isn't that hard. Nothing to whine about.

I did my 90 days last Tuesday and enquired with them about going to Chiang Mai on the coming Friday (now past) and asked the wife could do the TM 30 when I do my next 90 days, NO NO NO, we can stretch it from 24 hours to 48 maybe 72 hours if its a weekend, but no later than that, so we went in again on Monday, i.e. twice in one week, once to do the 90 days and once to do the TM 30, yep a 2 and half hour return journey to do the TM 30, and he did say it will be easier when you get your password to do it online.

So I guess it depends on the IO you go to, but to be honest, I wouldn't trust them, i.e. things change here all the time and all it would take for your friend is to go in when doing his 90 days and someone saying, NO NO NO you must come here within 24 hours, you pay fine !

Can't wait for the wife to get the password so we can just do it on the app and be done with it every time, the next time will be October.

My Thai gf does my TM30 for me whenever I return from an overseas trip (CM immigration). Not a problem as she is the housemaster.

For domestic trips, she checks in for us, I have never had to show my passport. That way, CM immigration does not know that I have left the province, thus no need for a TM30 on my return.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Where are you staying? I haven't submitted a TM30 in Jomtien when coming back from another province. I just do the 90 report as usual. It takes 1,5-2min.

36 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

I'm sad for you and people of your kind. Doing the Tm30 when it's actually so easy to checkin at any hotel with your wife name. Foreigners really deserve all the troubles that happen to them. I have never declared my address anywhere and will never !

If it was that easy I would be doing it clown, the hotel was booked in my wife's name, as all hotels are, do you think for one minute I don't think outside the square, give me a break !

Every hotel I have stayed at asks for my wife's Thai ID, my passport and the kids ID's, when asked why, hotel policy sir, and we must know have every persons identification on file in case of accident or fire.

I have no problem in complying if people explain their reasoning and if it hotel policy, is what it is, and makes sense, suffice to say you sound like a cheap Charlie staying in one of those crappy 500 baht a night hotels that have no policy, but then again, I shouldn't judge as I can leave that all to you.

Just keep doing what you do best, brag, brag, brag, it's trash like you that makes it all the harder for us who have to comply.

Hopefully your day is coming !  

I go the German embassy every year to get my income letter for my yearly extension. I take the night train from surin (sleeper) go to the embassy, get my letter and go straight to the train station to get the 10:20 train back to surin. Maybe I should do a TM30 with the place of overnight stay being the state railway of Thailand. (I don't)

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I go the German embassy every year to get my income letter for my yearly extension. I take the night train from surin (sleeper) go to the embassy, get my letter and go straight to the train station to get the 10:20 train back to surin. Maybe I should do a TM30 with the place of overnight stay being the state railway of Thailand. (I don't)

Your responsibility for a TM30, on such a trip, only kicks in on your return to Prasat ie reporting to Kap Choeng within 24 hours........................... if Surin enforce the 'rule' - Buriram don't.

13 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

My Thai gf does my TM30 for me whenever I return from an overseas trip (CM immigration). Not a problem as she is the housemaster.

For domestic trips, she checks in for us, I have never had to show my passport. That way, CM immigration does not know that I have left the province, thus no need for a TM30 on my return.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your gf sounds like she has solid control over things and, maybe, you. Better make sure you keep her happy.

11 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Of late been there, done that, i.e. I park the car, wife goes in and checks-in, room booked in her name, then rings me when in the room and advises level and room number, my bad luck as I have been picked up on both occasions, long of the short, security in lift, what level sir, your swipe card please sir, um, I left it in my room, please come to reception, the hotel staff and security must be trained well at the hotels that we stay at, besides, when having breakfast, it doesn't take much to see me with the wife, oh that must be the husband, they either approach at the table, Kar, please make sure we have his passport details, or they ring the room after seeing me on the CCTV going into my room, wife answers, can you please bring your husbands passport to reception as we need to copy everyone's IDs that are staying in the hotel.

Long of the short, I don't get cheesed off as they are doing their job and of course they are paying attention to who is who and where who staying, call it good security or good book keeping to avoid being fined, so until the wife gets the password for the TM 30 app, I will be doing the driving to IO, but not for much longer, but will still be doing the bookings in the wife's name and trying to avoid having to report my whereabouts, just on principal if I can get away with it ????

19 hours ago, zydeco said:

Sort of like being on parole, you mean?

19 hours ago, transam said:

What they should do is scrap the TM30 for daft stuff, for instance, a bloke like me that has a yellow book for a house I have lived in for 12 years.

The 90 day report is another daft stuff, just tell the farang you must tell us if you change permanent address, if you don't a fine..

Yes it would be a parole period,but at least it’s a step in the right direction. No worse than what we are doing now,but this way things get easier in the long run not harder. People that have lived here for longer than 5 yrs and have been well behaved residents go onto the new system. 

Is it not a win win,the Thai immigration still get to keep their TM30 and we have the opportunity to make life here a bit easier.

1 minute ago, Titan1962 said:

Yes it would be a parole period,but at least it’s a step in the right direction. No worse than what we are doing now,but this way things get easier in the long run not harder. People that have lived here for longer than 5 yrs and have been well behaved residents go onto the new system. 

Is it not a win win,the Thai immigration still get to keep their TM30 and we have the opportunity to make life here a bit easier.

The PC system they have now doesn't work to well.....They rely on old fashioned paperwork..

21 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Where are you staying? I haven't submitted a TM30 in Jomtien when coming back from another province. I just do the 90 report as usual. It takes 1,5-2min.

When you do your anual extension, you might be refused if you have stayed in a hotel in another province, as it is the hotel's responsibility to take a copy of your passport and report your stay to immigration who will put you in the system, normally flagging you when you do your annual extension, that is the only time they check the system, not when you do 90 days, the 90 days is stamp in and out you go.

What they should do is scrap the TM30 for daft stuff, for instance, a bloke like me that has a yellow book for a house I have lived in for 12 years.

The 90 day report is another daft stuff, just tell the farang you must tell us if you change permanent address, if you don't a fine..

Hang on a second, can you hear your own words, this makes sense, non sense to immigration ????

Good to dream though, I share the same dream Zzzz

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

From my reading, I didn't see one farang mentioned here, yeh this 40 year old TM 30 thing is great, as I went to Chiang Mai for the weekend, an 11 hour drive each way, and for the pleasure, I then had to go off to our immigration office today for the wife to provide them with the TM 30 form saying my husband who has been living here for 4 years is back, that was a two and a half hour return trip, talk about being knackered ????

Hopefully the password arrives soon for this TM 30 app because having to do the drive each time I leave the province will do my head in !!!

Do what many others are doing and stay put, keep the baht in your pocket and not in the economy, things may change for the better.

i sympathise i have a 4 hr return journey to report, and i ask again for the umpteenth time, " for what" ?

100% agreed and lighten the workload on a already creaking IO 

3 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Try to present your Thai driver's license next time. It is suitable for all hotels as it indicates your passport number.

On the other hand it does not allow to fill a TM30 which is not obligatory for the hotelier insofar as it rents to your wife Thaie.

I travel all the time from one province to another. I have never filled the TM 30, neither on a trip nor on my return, and I have just extended my retirement visa successfully.

For a minute there I got all excited, but after checking both drivers and riders Thai license, no such recordings of my passport number, also checked my Thai Pink ID Card, same same.

As for your bottom paragraph, just remember they didn't really enforce this till the last couple of months, it might just be that your IO is one of the relaxed ones ?

Repeat news as far as I remember. Well many are saying that over stayers are 90% Africans or Asians but record says plenty of Farangs also. The main reason not easy to catch, those law breakers hide behind Thai partner (wife) and all the docs are on her name including businesses.

Thats the reality.

32 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Of late been there, done that, i.e. I park the car, wife goes in and checks-in, room booked in her name, then rings me when in the room and advises level and room number, my bad luck as I have been picked up on both occasions, long of the short, security in lift, what level sir, your swipe card please sir, um, I left it in my room, please come to reception, the hotel staff and security must be trained well at the hotels that we stay at, besides, when having breakfast, it doesn't take much to see me with the wife, oh that must be the husband, they either approach at the table, Kar, please make sure we have his passport details, or they ring the room after seeing me on the CCTV going into my room, wife answers, can you please bring your husbands passport to reception as we need to copy everyone's IDs that are staying in the hotel.

Long of the short, I don't get cheesed off as they are doing their job and of course they are paying attention to who is who and where who staying, call it good security or good book keeping to avoid being fined, so until the wife gets the password for the TM 30 app, I will be doing the driving to IO, but not for much longer, but will still be doing the bookings in the wife's name and trying to avoid having to report my whereabouts, just on principal if I can get away with it ????

Pls be careful. To stay at a hotel and not register is an offense so always register. If anything goes wrong in hotel, the person to catch is the one who is unregistered.

14 minutes ago, Almer said:

Do what many others are doing and stay put, keep the baht in your pocket and not in the economy, things may change for the better.

i sympathise i have a 4 hr return journey to report, and i ask again for the umpteenth time, " for what" ?

I hear you as well, fact of the matter is we had to travel to Chiang Mai which was a 23 hour return journey to do the biometrics for my wife's 15 year old boys who are coming with us to Australia in October.

The process took all but 15 minutes, naturally this was for the national security of Australia, i.e. the boys having to travel with us all the way to Chiang Mai 11 hours there, and 12 hours back to get their eyes scanned and fingerprints taken so that they can get their tourist visas approved to travel with us for 12 nights, God forbid that there are tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people of a certain race living there who love some guy called Alla and call out his name every now and again when they go on a rampage, but nope, it is what is, oh and then we have the TM 30 to do here, come to think of it, the 2 and a half hour return drive to IO was a piece of cake when compared to what Australia wanted, who knows, maybe we are out of touch with the rest of the world, and Thailand is just catching up....lol

I will just keep ducking and weaving until the wife gets the password to the TM 30 app, if ever, then, just maybe then, will I look at us holidaying in neighbouring countries, 1,000 baht re-entry, piece of cake, money into other economies, piece of cake, TM 30 reporting, piece of cake ????

20 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

So..they finally caught the nefarious 50 year old Burmese woman running the curry and rice stall?

Interpol will be pleased.

Took a 50 person swat team and 5 detectives but they managed to bag her in the end.  Hands on the ground Lady your under arrest!

21 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

I can understand the need for Thailand to keep track of immigrants in Thailand. But as the above mentioned cases shows the TM 30 doesn’t really help catch illegals,as they don’t report.

But maybe they should introduce say let’s call it a probationary period that we the honest retirees need to follow.For the first 5 yrs of living here we need to report our location as required. Then after that if we have not caused any trouble,or proven to be honest people abiding the laws we get a break. 

Maybe a change to our visa that allows us to travel freely. Permanent address need only be supplied,break any laws relating to the visa would result in losing those privileges.

I see a lot of complaining but not to many solutions,maybe it’s a step in the right direction.

As an American, I was discussing that line of reasoning with a Brit just this morning. My ending, however, was the granting of Permanent Residency. I believe all governments should act in a reciprocal manner. What is required of me ... automatically applies to Thais in the US ... 

Interesting and a tip to the hat for the good work by the boys in brown. 

Now, can we have the statistic on romance scammers whereby Thai ladies milk alien men completely dry prior to dumping them too please? Just to be of relevance in figures as well as proportions. I - for one - have never heard of any immigration support if an alien got cleaned out by a Thai scammer ???? 

Archived