TM30 online rejection

2 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Did they ask for tm30 too for the 90 days report ??

I had my TM30 receipt with me but I didn’t give it to the IO and they didn’t ask for it. It apparently is not required for a 90 report at CW Bangkok if you continue to remain at your address. I had made a trip to Pattaya a couple of weeks ago and did not file a TM30 for that trip. Today I brought all the documents to file for that trip if necessary and I was prepared to pay the fine.

The TM30 issue has been much discussed and if you don’t know if you need it then you just prepare to file if necessary. I recognize that there are still people who may be completely out of touch though.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

I prefer to not bother with TM30 and 90 days report then, pay the fine if caught and that's it. I will exit the country before any extension is due.

Well of course if you are not planning to apply for an extension of stay that makes perfect sense.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

I've knew about the TM30 for a long time...the form that most individual farangs never filed because immigration didn't really care or enforce (until just recently) unless you were a hotel/landlord renting out places.   

For the individual, immigration just really didn't care nor enforce the TM30 law until very recently...this year.  

You knew nothing about the recent enforcement? You’ve not looked at Thaivisa forum for the last three months? No visa social media? If you were truly surprised then you have my sympathies.

• Sad 1

Of course I knew about the recent enforcement...I said that in my above posts.

An enforcement that basically been ignored or very lax until the last few months. And posts indicate enforcement and when a TM30 is required varies greatly between immigration offices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pib said:

Of course I knew about the recent enforcement...I said that in my above posts.

An enforcement that basically been ignored or very lax until the last few months. And posts indicate enforcement and when a TM30 is required varies greatly between immigration offices.

OK. Then much ado about nothing. You knew you were going to be there half a day for your extension and be there longer to file your TM30. You just bring the documents you need and something to do while you wait. Nothing remarkable about your story. That fact that they didn’t require TM30’s before and now require them is old news.

There is shopping downstairs and some great food at the stalls on the main floor. I got some great green curry there and some more food to bring home. So good I almost want to go back and get some more.

17 hours ago, Pib said:

But lo and behold at exactly 1130am the email arrives, I click the activation link, and my account is now activated....I can now log onto Immigration eServices. 

Be aware that the TM47 mobile app will only work for you if the web-based system works for you now. So if you have a new passport, and have not left/re-entered Thailand with the new passport then you will not be able to use any of the 90-day systems. So that leaves the post, or an in-person visit.

16 hours ago, Pib said:

Well, about 3 of those 8 hours was the annual retirement extension of stay renewal time

The good news seems, and this was somewhat evident when I visited the L desk last week to transfer by stamps to a new passport, that for those with a valid TM30, the renewal extension process should go quite quickly. While many folks get re-directed to the TM30 CF, all others should get process a bit more quickly?

On 8/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, rkidlad said:

I got a pop up message saying "Confirm email successfully. Your username and password has been sent to your email address"

Well, I've looked through all my folders and it hasn't. Status still says "waiting for approval". 

*It's just changed and now my status says "Your registration was successful" It's telling me a username and password has been sent. Still no email. 

Did you finally get the username and password email? My status changed to "successful" yesterday (CW). But no email with username/password has arrived yet. 

1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Did you finally get the username and password email? My status changed to "successful" yesterday (CW). But no email with username/password has arrived yet. 

You get a username and password in an email. They didn't send the email until a few hours after they confirmed I was successful. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, berybert said:

Chaeng Wattana indeed. The wording... "not approved" there is no email sent or reason given. Just checked on the website as I often do and there it was. "not approved"

Just checked mine and after 10 weeks, I see that it is "not approved."  Apparently, this is how they deal with overflow. Just deny everyone. And make them travel 35 km to Chaengwattana and wait all day.

6 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Just checked mine and after 10 weeks, I see that it is "not approved."  Apparently, this is how they deal with overflow. Just deny everyone. And make them travel 35 km to Chaengwattana and wait all day.

As I mentioned in my earlier post when at CW yesterday completing a TM30/paying a TM30 fine and since that section is also the section that processes/approves TM30 online registration when I asked how long it will take to get the email verification email since I submitted my registration request 3 days ago the rep said probably at least 10 days and maybe 30 days. 

But you should have seen the person's expression and heard the tone of voice in providing that answer...the answer had a obvious degree of frustration and knowledge that CW is not processing new registration requests quickly.  Probably because they are spending all day trying to process the hundreds upon hundreds of people showing up at CW to file TM30s and don't have much if any time to process new registration requests.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

As I mentioned in my earlier post when at CW yesterday completing a TM30/paying a TM30 fine and since that section is also the section that processes/approves TM30 online registration when I asked how long it will take to get the email verification email since I submitted my registration request 3 days ago the rep said probably at least 10 days and maybe 30 days. 

But you should have seen the person's expression and heard the tone of voice in providing that answer...the answer had a obvious degree of frustration and knowledge that CW is not processing new registration requests quickly.  Probably because they are spending all day trying to process the hundreds upon hundreds of people showing up at CW to file TM30s and don't have much if any time to process new registration requests.

The entire TM 30 thing is a fiasco for Immigration staff as well as expats. Only an utter fool would refuse to admit it.  I suspect the people behind it, however, will soon have people breathing down their necks. The story has begun to get in the foreign press and give negative press to Thailand and Thai investors. Just saw on my newsfeed a long story on Nikkei Asian Review about how this is scaring away potential Japanese investors and Japanese already here, in addition to Westerners. Whichever idiot is responsible for this has really messed up.

• Like 1

Regarding registration for the "Immigration eServices" app (not the TM30 regristration) where you can do 90 day address reports, as mentioned in my post yesterday it only took approx two hours to the email to validate my email address/activate my account....the activation email looks like below.

image.png.182c5646accd22900fef86cd1cc0a105.png

I registered for this service just to see if it worked and if the app might really be helpful.  But for me, since I last entered the country before Jan 2013 and also changed my passport since then I can't do 90 day reports online....I have to visit the immigration office or accomplish via mail.  I use the mail method which has been working fine for years.

For anyone interested. The answer is "punishment."

"Our job is to make sure [officers] do the work properly," Police Col. Krissana Pattanacharoen, the Royal Thai Police spokesperson, told Khaosod English. "We are their supervisors. If they can't do it, there is no other option than handing down punishment."    https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Thailand-s-Cold-War-immigration-tactics-unnerve-long-term-foreigners

This is Thailand! I technically wouldn`t have needed the password etc until next year. Still my gf applied on Tuesday morning online (we always have to deal with CW), went to dinner with friends of who one of them is a police officer in a medium-high position. She explained him whats going on with the waiting times at the moment and he promised to make a call on Wednesday. Today in the morning she got everything she wanted. While it`s good for me, it shows how annoying and unfair the processes can be in this country. 

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

I think one paragraph from above news article in zydeco post sums up perfectly why the TM30 sh&t has hit the fan over the last few months.  Most provincial immigration offices doing a little bit of enforcement but not in Bangkok and other provinces until the last few months.   But since it's now a matter of "national security" (yea, right!) the immigration offices are motivated to require/check for TM30s onfile.

Just another example of how Thailand has all kinds of laws on the books but only selectively enforces many of them.   It really is a stupid law, especially for expats doing 90 day address reports.

Hoteliers have been required to submit the relevant TM30 foreign national notification forms to immigration authorities since the law's promulgation 40 years ago, using the standard forms filled in by guests upon arrival. The new requirement that private landlords -- some of whom own multiple properties -- must similarly notify the authorities of foreign nationals visiting or leasing their properties had been very spottily enforced in a few provinces, and not in Bangkok or other parts of the country, until recent months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

This is Thailand! I technically wouldn`t have needed the password etc until next year. Still my gf applied on Tuesday morning online (we always have to deal with CW), went to dinner with friends of who one of them is a police officer in a medium-high position. She explained him whats going on with the waiting times at the moment and he promised to make a call on Wednesday. Today in the morning she got everything she wanted. While it`s good for me, it shows how annoying and unfair the processes can be in this country. 

A perfect example of how it works in Thailand.  

A few days ago I signed up and got approved for online TM30 notifications in about an hour.

I signed up with copies of tabien baan and id card via https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

An hour later I got an email to confirm my email address.

Immediately after confirming it I got an approval email with a login and password.

After logging in and changing the password, I can now easily add a TM30 record.

I still can't believe it was this painless...

I guess the main problem is CW being overburdened. Mine was approved in a known-to-be-friendly province.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Probably because they are spending all day trying to process the hundreds upon hundreds of people showing up at CW to file TM30s and don't have much if any time to process new registration requests.

But they're pulling in a quarter of a million baht per day in cash money, just on TM30 fines (800 baht each for ~ 300 people).

Meanwhile, Immigration team are out "briefing" businesses on the need for the TM30 to be filed, and collecting blanket 800 baht fines, for all foreign employees, in one case 64,000 paid in cash.

BTW, I love the "No Tips" (money jar with a red line through it) signs at CW. Very professional.

Edited by mtls2005

Wifey has been waiting since May for username and password.

Today we went to visit our local Immigration office to ask for both.

Long story short... they don't allow online reporting for private addresses, only hotels. They don't allow postal reporting, all reports must be submitted in person. Cannot report to our local Police Station.

So wifey has to make an 80 km round trip every time she needs to submit a TM30......<deleted> retarded!

On 8/20/2019 at 7:51 PM, sussex said:

It took 7 days for me to receive the 'confirm email address' email. So don't give up hope yet! 

No password or username 10 days later though (Chaeng Wattana).

On 8/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, Pib said:

Alrighty!!!!  I now have hope again. 

Tomorrow I'm going to CW to renew my retirement extension of stay.  If they require me to visit the TM30 counter as part of the renewal process (like pay a fine since I have never-ever filed a TM30) then maybe I can also ask about my TM30 registration submission.

Update: On this Sunday morning six days after submitting my registration request I got the confirm your email address notification....rec'd a little before 8am.  I clicked it's confirmation link and get below popup message.   The message clearly states the username and password have been sent to my email address.  But no username and password has been sent....been several hours now.   

image.png.477727531f95d93199076d7b2d1331c1.png

However, if you click on the same confirmation link again below is the popup message that appears....it's now different.  Says the username and password will be sent after the immigration office's approval.

image.png.078b86a7401695cb16094719c82c9f36.png

And if I check the status via browser link logon to their website below is what the status says.  Of course the registration successful only really means your email address has been confirmed.  Once again different--but similar--wording to the status shown above.

image.png.a152ce05f9247b25d59fc29e194c6f6a.png

So, when a person clicks the email confirmation link for the first time he gets the impression the User ID /password were sent, but that's not the case.  Click the link a second or more times and it says the User ID/password will be sent after registration approval.  And when checking the status via a browser at their webpage it has similar wording.

It appears before a person will receive the email confirmation address your servicing immigration office (mine is Chaeng Wattana) must manually preview your registration and if happy they send you the email confirmation notice.  So, maybe they are working a CW this Sunday morning....catching up....or the email was just stuck in some server and finally got sent this morning....who knows.  Expect the different immigration offices respond at different speeds depending on their workload.  Nothing is happening automatically like is implied when you first submit your registration which implies a confirmation email was "immediately" sent but it's not.  

So, I'm now in awaiting approval status which based on other posts I'm seen can range from a few hours, days, weeks, months, or never.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, berybert said:

Well 2 weeks after getting the 'not approved' remark when checking my application, today i got an email with my password and login details. 

Amazing Thailand.

Are you a home/condo owner or renter applying on behalf of your landlord?

According to this article http://www.1dproperty.com/demystifying-tm30-for-expat-owners-landlords-and-tenants/ only landlords can apply for the online option, but I was under the impression from posts here that renters were getting approved online by uploading their landlords' photocopies of ID and tabien baan. I hope the latter is the case, as that's what I did!

Downloaded Section 38 iOS app last Monday, received email from immigration to confirm my email on the Tuesday. On Friday I received a user name and password. Total wait was 5 days. No more going to immigration.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, ThailandTom1 said:

Downloaded Section 38 iOS app last Monday, received email from immigration to confirm my email on the Tuesday. On Friday I received a user name and password. Total wait was 5 days. No more going to immigration.

What is your servicing immigration office?

On 8/22/2019 at 3:59 PM, edwinchester said:

Wifey has been waiting since May for username and password.

Today we went to visit our local Immigration office to ask for both.

Long story short... they don't allow online reporting for private addresses, only hotels. They don't allow postal reporting, all reports must be submitted in person. Cannot report to our local Police Station.

So wifey has to make an 80 km round trip every time she needs to submit a TM30......<deleted> retarded!

Must be your local Immigration Office.

And herein lies the problem that Richard Barrow has been trying to point out; inconsistency.

My home address is registered online and has been since early this year, Chang Wattana is accepting them but with a long wait, others it seems may not accept home adresses and ather Immigration Offices aren't bothered with the process at all.

I have waited for more than 2 months for my username/password from Chang Wattana. I had successful email verification the day after applying and status switched to "pending". I just checked status and it says; registration Confirmation - an email is send to you with username and password. I have yet to see that email... Cheers!

7 hours ago, sussex said:

Are you a home/condo owner or renter applying on behalf of your landlord?

According to this article http://www.1dproperty.com/demystifying-tm30-for-expat-owners-landlords-and-tenants/ only landlords can apply for the online option, but I was under the impression from posts here that renters were getting approved online by uploading their landlords' photocopies of ID and tabien baan. I hope the latter is the case, as that's what I did!

Yes the latter, tho my landlord did call immigration and was told she needs to sign up before I do.

Just logged in changed password and clicked the register TM30 and nothing happened. 

No surprises there I guess.