Does Savannakhet have strict rules or hit/miss?

I'm staying in Savannakhet at the moment but I'd like to come back to Thailand.

I know it's a lot harder to get SETVs now than ever before, but do they have definitive rules that causes so many people to get rejected. Or maybe it's just how generous staff are feeling on the day?

I was thinking about rocking up late on a Friday when it will most likely be empty. I was hoping this would improve my chances.

But I do have a couple of visas from Savannakhet and a little more in an almost full passport.

Wondering whether or not it would be a waste of time?

Cheers

mixed reports. some people say only 1 tourist visa possible from them. likely there are no specific rules. just how the worker is feeling that day and specifics of your individual case. its worth a shot since you are already there. just dont go on a monday and you will most likely be ok. post the full rundown of what you have in your passport and the results after you apply. this could be some useful information. 

Edited by at15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, finy said:

Wondering whether or not it would be a waste of time?

But, you stated that you already are in Savannajhet? How can it then be a waste of time?

However, it´s hard to say because you do not give any information about how many tourist visas and exempt entries you have to Thailabd in the recent 2-3 years.

Tourist Visa, apply if your stay is less than 90 days in past 6 month, still MUST show own Thai Book Bank with balance THB 20,000.- up OR print out from your Bank account from home country value USD 700.-up. Onward air ticket is not required at the moment.

https://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-application-bangkok-to-savannakhet-lao-pdr

• Thanks 1

Worth a try but the current trend is if you got recent stay of 90+ it no go and they offer you 30 day transit visa.

They pretty unfriendly at the counter, especially the guy, not much chance of mitigating your case but never try never know .

seems you in savan it worth a try as maybe more lenient on a quiet non visa van run day as it because of van volume and increased troublesome van service users that caused the changes .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, finy said:

Okay, if I'm accepted I'll update thread with my visa history.

I'm glad you don't need onward flight ticket because then it's definitely worth a try.

What a wasted thread. You gave zero history and pretty much asked zero advice apart from Friday gig. 

Yes of course it won't be as busy as a normal Monday to thurs. Save the report back. BTW you mention "turning up late" Friday. My understanding is visa apps need to be done am. Pick up pm next working day.

12 hours ago, BuckBee said:

Worth a try but the current trend is if you got recent stay of 90+ it no go and they offer you 30 day transit visa.

They pretty unfriendly at the counter, especially the guy, not much chance of mitigating your case but never try never know .

seems you in savan it worth a try as maybe more lenient on a quiet non visa van run day as it because of van volume and increased troublesome van service users that caused the changes .

in most cases the trouble makers were males that went by themselves, turning up drunk at the gate. 

As others have posted, you have not supplied sufficient information for others to assess. As regards the staff attitude, when I visited recently, it was a Thursday and really busy, they organized well and everyone was seen to in an orderly fashion. Next day, I collected my passport after the rush had gone and the guy on the counter was very friendly - I should state that I omitted to submit a relevant document and the omission was overlooked and my visa granted.

what is this less than 90 days and the last 6 months thing? i have not seen this stated anywhere. just because an employee makes up a rule to save face in a certain scenario does not mean it applies to everyone. 

Edited by at15

2 minutes ago, at15 said:

what is this less than 90 days and the last 6 months thing.  i have not seen this stated anywhere. just because an employee makes up a rule to save face in a certain scenario does not mean it applies to everyone. 

I guess that's the big question: Does it apply to everyone, or are they selective about applying that rule?

I won't be the one to try and find out in this case, because Savannakhet won't be part of my travel plans anytime soon, but if I were the OP who's already there anyway, I'd give it a shot.

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

I guess that's the big question: Does it apply to everyone, or are they selective about applying that rule?

I won't be the one to try and find out in this case, because Savannakhet won't be part of my travel plans anytime soon, but if I were the OP who's already there anyway, I'd give it a shot.

i had a tourist visa and was denied by thai immigration entry into thailand at DMK. they stated the maximum stay in each calendar year for a tourist is 180 days. no such rule exists. thai people will make up anything to "appear" to remedy the situation. 

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

That was the question I was asking about.

Glad it's hit/miss.