your top 10 songs ,anyone?

bert bloggs

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

After all those wonderful recommendations for "old" music I like to add my favorite Japanese group AKB48. ????

152 million people watched that on YouTube.

Hmmm, but was all those YouTube views about the music or about the scantily clad young hotties.  Admittedly, being in Thailand, I was just mildly aroused after watching that.  But if I was back in America, I'd probably self-ejaculate. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the End - Linkin Park

Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Zombie - Bad Wolves

Best of You - Foo Fighters 

Comfortably Numb or Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Its My Life - Bon Jovi

Bring Me to Life - Evanescence

See You Again - Wiz Khalida & Charlie Puth

Hurt - Johnny Cash

It’s Been A While- Staind

Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Under Your Scars - Godsmack

The Sound of Silence - Disturbed 

............many many more ......

On 8/19/2019 at 9:44 PM, CharlieH said:

I think songs are like musical postcards of your life, so many have so many memories attached to them

They all mean different things to different people for those reasons.

Its not actually the song itself necessarily its the memories they evoke. ????

Dont think I could get it down to Ten.

Funny you should mention that.  There are certain songs that used to bring back great memories.  The thing is, if I like a song, I'll listen to it over and over again.  So then the memories start to fade.  And I'll also tire of the song.  But for arguments sake:

Ordinary World--Duran Duran

Midnight Rider--Allman Brothers

Comfortably Numb--Pink Floyd

Take on Me--Aha

Stairway to Heaven--Led Zeppelin

Heard it in a Love Song--Marshall Tucker Band

In My Life--Beatles

Off the Wall--Michael Jackson

Nights in White Satin--Moody Blues

Tiny Dancer--Elton John

On 8/19/2019 at 9:44 PM, CharlieH said:

I think songs are like musical postcards of your life, so many have so many memories attached to them

Great post, agree wholeheartedly. 

3 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

I'm old and still enjoy the music I grew up with.

" When I Fall in Love " by Nat King Cole is at the top of my favourites.

From an era when songs had a meaning.

Johnny Mathis ? Misty

Mantovani - Ebb Tide

Great memories with those, not outstanding musical compilations, but  each to there own reasons ????

On 8/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago I started an Excel file MyLife and I add for every years event like what I did, which girl I thought about and last but not least which music I heard at that time. And then I added some YouTube links. It's interesting to do this.

Here are some of the songs I liked when they were published:

I have done exactly the same. Luckily I had a commercial covers band touring Europe & Scandinavia  from 1970 until 1986 so I can relate songs to who sang it in my band, or of course which girl I was bonking at the time ! I guess the most famous member of my band was Lilli Marlene Premilovich aka Lene Lovich before Lucky Number and Supernature by Cerrone, which she wrote. 

Those were the Days my Friend. 

Paperback Writer - - - - - - -The Beatles

Burn - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Deep Purple

Moonage Daydream - - - - - -David Bowie

Eleventh Earl of Mar - - - - - Genesis

Whole Lotta Rosie - - - - - - -AC/DC

Flick of the Wrist - - - - - - - Queen

Live Wire - - - - -  - - - - - - -Motley Crue

Rats In The Cellar - - - - - - - Aerosmith

In The End - - - - - - - - - - - Linkin Park

Pretty Fly For a White Guy - - The Offspring

Honorable Mention...

The Game - - - - - - - - - - - -Disturbed

Slave To The Grind - - - - - - -Skid Row

7 hours ago, Wake Up said:

In the End - Linkin Park

Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Zombie - Bad Wolves

Best of You - Foo Fighters 

Comfortably Numb or Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Its My Life - Bon Jovi

Bring Me to Life - Evanescence

See You Again - Wiz Khalida & Charlie Puth

Hurt - Johnny Cash

It’s Been A While- Staind

Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Under Your Scars - Godsmack

The Sound of Silence - Disturbed 

............many many more ......

Nice! We got 1 same song and another same band. Bring Me To Life should be on my list too. :thumbsup:

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:44 AM, CharlieH said:

100% correct.

Albatross by Fleetwood Mac for the last time I held my first real girlfriend, Drive by the Cars for when I told my partner I was leaving her, Shine on you Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd for an unrequited love, Romeo and Juliette by Dire Straits for a very great weekend with an old friend, What's love got to do with it by Tina Turner on road trips through the Saudi desert, New Kid in Town by Eagles for New Year's eve in the O club in McMurdo many years ago, Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac on a 4 hour trip I made every weekend for a year of my life, Sailing Away by Chris De burgh for the image it evokes of travelling the seas to find adventures unknown, Lucky Love by Ace of Base for the memories of Hollywood Royal in NEP in the mid 90s on an all night dance fest followed by a happy ending, My Sentimental Friend covered by the Falcons in a Wellington nightclub for the girl that used and ditched me, Goodbye My Lover by Blunt for the Thai GF that married someone else, Looking for a way back into Love by Hugh Grant for trips to the village with my wife when it was all going down the gurgler, Lace covered Window just because it's a great song.

Almost every song I like has an association with something that happened to me, for good or ill.

Also, almost anything by Presley, Orbison, Santana, Rolling Stones etc etc that was the sound track of my younger life. The tragedy of it was that it was just the backdrop and I didn't appreciate it enough before it was gone. The stuff that comes out now is dire.

PS Forgot the first song I ever really loved- The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers.

Brings back memories of sunny days at school, sitting outside during a break, listening to it on one of those small transistor radios that someone had. Had I known what was to come, I'd have enjoyed it more, but I was young and knew nothing.

"The tragedy of it was that it was just the backdrop and I didn't appreciate it enough before it was gone."

isnt that Sooo true ! and such a shame that you get a certain age before you even realize that's the case .

37 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

"The tragedy of it was that it was just the backdrop and I didn't appreciate it enough before it was gone."

isnt that Sooo true ! and such a shame that you get a certain age before you even realize that's the case .

It is indeed Charlie. And now I see my life, my successes - & failed attempts at some things, with such clarity.

"Old head, young shoulders"

"Youth wasted on the young"

NowatImeanblud? ???? Can't see a 'wry' emoji...

Archived