Jump to content

Recall UK parliament to tackle Brexit crisis, opposition Labour Party says


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

 

Johnson would be committed to a deal if the EU offer something better than deal Corbyn was not prepared to support.

 

 

Fighting against no deal and fighting against a deal does make Corbyn better than anybody........ the picture is accurate.

The uk govt negotiated the deal on offer. A deal that protects the Good Friday Agreement.

 

What makes corbyn better is he is committed to allowing the electorate to vote on the whole no deal route. 

 

The picture is childish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

The uk govt negotiated the deal on offer. A deal that protects the Good Friday Agreement.

 

I’What makes corbyn better is he is committed to allowing the electorate to vote on the whole no deal route, as you say. 

 

The picture is childish. 

The UK government rejected Mays deal.

 

Allowing the electorate to vote on a no deal Brexit is meaningless, they do not respect the wishes of the electorate as proven.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vogie said:

The UK government rejected Mays deal.

 

Allowing the electorate to vote on a no deal Brexit is meaningless, they do not respect the wishes of the electorate as proven.

 

 

The consequences of brexit with a deal or no deal are clear. 

 

I fully support corbyn’s attempt to let the electorate decide. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The consequences of brexit with a deal or no deal are clear. 

 

I fully support corbyn’s attempt to let the electorate decide. 

Whilst most people would not support such a meaningless exercise in how not to be democratic. If you are going to vote on something don't reject the answer you don't like, that would that make it it pointless in the first instance. It would be total folly to hold a vote knowingly you were not going to honour the result, would it not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Whilst most people would not support such a meaningless exercise in how not to be democratic. If you are going to vote on something don't reject the answer you don't like, that would that make it it pointless in the first instance. It would be total folly to hold a vote knowingly you were not going to honour the result, would it not.

No one specifically voted for no deal.

 

No one specifically voted for a particular deal. 

 

The options are now there. 

 

Put them to the vote. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No one voted for no deal. No one voted for a particular deal. 

 

The options are now there. 

 

Put them to the vote. 

We all know what we voted for, it has been done to death on here and I am not playing your imaginary caveat game, that in desperation remainers come up with. Bye

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vogie said:

We all know what we voted for, it has been done to death on here and I am not playing your imaginary caveat game, that in desperation remainers come up with. Bye

You know what you voted for. 

 

You are not the entirety of the electorate. 

 

You do not know what everyone voted for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You know what you voted for. 

 

You are not the entirety of the electorate. 

 

You do not know what everyone voted for. 

There were two choices, without adding the remainers imaginary caveats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The consequences of brexit with a deal or no deal are clear. 

 

I fully support corbyn’s attempt to let the electorate decide. 

The Leader of the Lib Dems already said she would still vote against Brexit if Leave won a second referendum. 

 

So there is no point having another vote. We'd still be deadlocked. It's just a delaying tactic with a vague hope that Remain wins and all the Leavers accept it and go home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The consequences of brexit with a deal or no deal are clear. 

 

I fully support corbyn’s attempt to let the electorate decide. 

 

 

The electorate decided already

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You know what you voted for. 

 

You are not the entirety of the electorate. 

 

You do not know what everyone voted for. 

 

 

Yes he does.

 

Repeating ad nauseam because it is sinking in with you:-

 

X in the box ......................Leave/Remain

Link to post
Share on other sites

It amazes me that so many of you seem to be Pro Brexit and on the right. Yet you, yourselves, are immigrants in a 'foreign' country but you are against people working and living together as a 'union'. Here are some points that many of you seem to have forgotten about:

 

As the UK started this problem it is up to them to come up with the solution. The EU offered you a deal which your parliament rejected. Therefore the next 'move' in the negotiations is up to the UK and not the EU.

 

The EU will not change the protection of the Irish backstop. It is there to protect the God Friday Agreement which the British government signed. If a border re appears in Ireland it will lead to violence and the troubles could return.

 

What about the millions of UK citizens living around Europe? Many of them are retired and own property in Spain, France etc.

 

What about the millions of EU experts working and living in the UK? Many of them do jobs that the Failing UK Education system fail to provide for. ie doctors, architects, engineers, nureses, teachers etc????

 

Finally, the US will not provide the UK with a good trade deal if the Irish backstop is not upheld. There are millions of American voters with Irish heritage. Tearing up the GFA will anger them. They funded the troubles so they need to be kept on side.

 

Parliament needs to be called back asap to start discussing it... Johnston is trying to run the clock down and wasting valuable time.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shut that gate JC no one is listening. And he is a big part of why we are in this mess a totally inept opposition leader the as popular as syphilis in a whore house 🤔

 

4812.JPG

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, claffey said:

It amazes me that so many of you seem to be Pro Brexit and on the right. Yet you, yourselves, are immigrants in a 'foreign' country but you are against people working and living together as a 'union'. Here are some points that many of you seem to have forgotten about:

 

As the UK started this problem it is up to them to come up with the solution. The EU offered you a deal which your parliament rejected. Therefore the next 'move' in the negotiations is up to the UK and not the EU.

 

The EU will not change the protection of the Irish backstop. It is there to protect the God Friday Agreement which the British government signed. If a border re appears in Ireland it will lead to violence and the troubles could return.

 

What about the millions of UK citizens living around Europe? Many of them are retired and own property in Spain, France etc.

 

What about the millions of EU experts working and living in the UK? Many of them do jobs that the Failing UK Education system fail to provide for. ie doctors, architects, engineers, nureses, teachers etc????

 

Finally, the US will not provide the UK with a good trade deal if the Irish backstop is not upheld. There are millions of American voters with Irish heritage. Tearing up the GFA will anger them. They funded the troubles so they need to be kept on side.

 

Parliament needs to be called back asap to start discussing it... Johnston is trying to run the clock down and wasting valuable time.

 

 

 

 

Your logic is TOTALLY flawed...

 

Don't compare Thailand to the EU. Thailand is one of the most racist countries I have been to...... they have great immigration policies though. Actually, it is good to use Thailand of an example why the UK voted to leave the EU... a ense of national pride, Thailand first, ASEAN features secondarily.

 

The EU offered a deal, UK parliament rejected it - how the h3ll can it be the UK's next move. If the EU want a deal then they have to renegotiate. I don't really care if they don't but please don't whine about no deal if Brussels does not make a move.

 

The UK has already guaranteed the rights of EU citizens living in the UK.... any EU countries not reciprocating would be foolish.

 

The UK will continue to provide jobs for EU citizens that want to work in the UK. There may be a refinement to the 'immigration' but - hey - that is like Thailand which you seem to like to us as a comparable.

 

Johnson is trying to get a deal, recalling parliament would achieve as much as it achieved when it last sat..... <deleted> all!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, baboon said:

So what? Recall them anyway and disrupt their cushy holidays. They have had no problem in leaving us is limbo for the past three years while taking our money. F- 'em.

 

9 hours ago, baboon said:

They will anyway, once back from their holidays.

Look, let's put our Brexit differences aside for a moment. The UK is in bedlam, the GBPeso sinking, the likes of us taking out our frustrations on one another. The least our representatives can do is show up for work and either steady the ship or go down with it... 

Whilst appreciating many serious and sensible contributions on this thread (Forgetting the reality defying "Everyone voted for leave understanding it meant no deal" line), I thought this cartoon on the standard holidays was appropriate. It's just possible that MPs may actually want to come back so they can avoid the ridicule! 

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 09.19.40.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...