BANGKOK
snoop1130

Recall UK parliament to tackle Brexit crisis, opposition Labour Party says

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

No point in recalling parliament as there are no solutions there - as has been proved in the last 6 months.

Any action will happen on the near continent otherwise no deal Brexit happens on 31 October.

Corbyn can go and put his feet up - he has been f-all use in the last 3 years anyway.

You forget, perhaps intentionally, despite Brexiteer claims to the contrary Parliament is sovereign.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The Leader of the Lib Dems already said she would still vote against Brexit if Leave won a second referendum. 

So there is no point having another vote. We'd still be deadlocked. It's just a delaying tactic with a vague hope that Remain wins and all the Leavers accept it and go home.

Brexitocracy and it’s antipathy towards voting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Corbyn ignored the result of a no confidence vote when he was on the receiving end & now he's finger-wagging Boris?

I couldn't find the exact figures (172 to 40 or something like that) but look what popped up instead...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Antipathy towards voting? You're confused again (it doesn't take much to confuse you).

I am all for voting, if the vote is respected before voting again. That's how Democracy works.

Then why oppose there being a vote on all the options (and their consequences) now available. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Punctuation
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Good morning Chomper.

The Queen is sovereign.

Parliamentary sovereignty extends to it being the supreme legal authority in the UK. The lawmakers..

In case your memory has failed you those lawmakers have made the default legal position a no deal exit on 31 October.

The same lawmakers who could not vote through the EU deal.

In Thailand they might say som nom nar.

They should be kissing Boris' butt for trying to bring a revised deal to the House.

The Queen is The Sovereign, Parliament is Sovereign.

There is a subtle but important distinction that appears to have evaded you.

I wouldn’t put to much store in what Johnson says he is doing.

And, good morning to you too.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Then why oppose there being a vote on all the options and there consequences now available. 

You're hard work, it's like explaining things to someone with dementia.

I'll try one more time. I oppose it because Remainers do not accept the result of votes unless they win. Therefore a second referendum solves nothing. Democracy only works if people accept losing. If you don't believe me, maybe you will believe the leader of the Lib Dems.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/23/lib-dem-leader-jo-swinson-says-would-vote-against-brexit-even/

So the Lib Dems would still block the result of any second vote in Parliament. Therefore I oppose a second vote because it is pointless and just pushes the impasse 12 months down the road. No doubt you will add the "Confused" emoji to this post but I've really tried to make it as simple as possible for you.

image.png.e3694d63081a4cc8a494e34ac01fe87c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How about 'The Queen is a Monarch & the Sovereign is a coin'?

(Morning Chomper! 😎 )

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You're hard work, it's like explaining things to someone with dementia.

I'll try one more time. I oppose it because Remainers do not accept the result of votes unless they win. Therefore a second referendum solves nothing. Democracy only works if people accept losing. If you don't believe me, maybe you will believe the leader of the Lib Dems.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/23/lib-dem-leader-jo-swinson-says-would-vote-against-brexit-even/

So the Lib Dems would still block the result of any second vote in Parliament. Therefore I oppose a second vote because it is pointless and just pushes the impasse 12 months down the road. No doubt you will add the "Confused" emoji to this post but I've really tried to make it as simple as possible for you.

image.png.e3694d63081a4cc8a494e34ac01fe87c.png

Ah as always with you and brexitocracy, start with abuse. 

I completely disagree with your entire premise. 

For one thing I am not talking about a referendum. 

I hope corbyn succeeds and calls an election where the electorate can vote on all available options. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I wouldn’t put to much store in what Johnson says he is doing.

I think we are talking the same thing 😀

Parliamentary sovereignty is a principle of the UK constitution. It makes Parliament the supreme legal authority in the UK which can create or end any law.