Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Recall UK parliament to tackle Brexit crisis, opposition Labour Party says

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, bristolboy said:

leaving open the option of supporting an alternative caretaker prime minister,

I am all for an alternative caretaker PM, it should be a No Tory & No Labour member, wish for an open mind neutral third party person, Trump would be perfect

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bannork said:

Get it right. It was only 37% of the electorate who voted for Brexit.

 

Forgotten your roots.....

 

 

 

Lincolnshire voters were among the most Eurosceptic in the UK, with more than 75% of voters in Boston voting to leave.

The town recorded the highest majority of Brexit voters in Britain.

Other parts of Lincolnshire also saw a high proportion of Leave voters, with South Holland and East Lindsey both posting figures of more than 70%.

Remain campaigner and Conservative MP for Boston and Skegness, Matt Warman, said the decision had to be respected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, newatthis said:

It doesn't worry me Chomper how people vote. It won't make one bit of difference to my life.

And I'm not confusing anything.

When the UK went to the referendum in 2016, they knew that their vote counted. David Cameron promised the British people that their would be a simple IN / OUT vote and that the Government would honour and abide by the wishes of the electorate. 

Cameron, himself, even campaigned against leaving and everybody said that the Remainers would win.

But they didn't!!

And they can't hack losing, can they? That's all it amounts too. It's like going to the casino with a sure fire system of winning and losing all your money.

Now, the losers are throwing the "binding / non-binding" thing around to try and escape from the wishes of the voters.

Yet, if the Remainers had won, they would had said "This is binding." As sure as God made little green apples.

I’m not sure you can declare what remainders would have done had the vote gone the other way.

 

We  has however know that Farage declared such an outcome ‘game not over, not by a long way’.

 

Democracy is like that, it is not ‘winner takes all’.

 

Not incidentally, your PM and Government that made you that promise is long gone.

 

 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

 

Forgotten your roots.....

 

 

 

Lincolnshire voters were among the most Eurosceptic in the UK, with more than 75% of voters in Boston voting to leave.

The town recorded the highest majority of Brexit voters in Britain.

Other parts of Lincolnshire also saw a high proportion of Leave voters, with South Holland and East Lindsey both posting figures of more than 70%.

Remain campaigner and Conservative MP for Boston and Skegness, Matt Warman, said the decision had to be respected.

And paradoxically one of the UK’s most EU dependent counties, it’s agricultural industry ripe for annihilation under a UK/US trade deal that will favour the US farming industry at the cost of the UK’s.

 

Perhaps they miss the good old days of border up shops and their young people having to leave to find jobs elsewhere.

 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, newatthis said:

It doesn't worry me Chomper how people vote. It won't make one bit of difference to my life.

And I'm not confusing anything.

When the UK went to the referendum in 2016, they knew that their vote counted. David Cameron promised the British people that their would be a simple IN / OUT vote and that the Government would honour and abide by the wishes of the electorate. 

Cameron, himself, even campaigned against leaving and everybody said that the Remainers would win.

But they didn't!!

And they can't hack losing, can they? That's all it amounts too. It's like going to the casino with a sure fire system of winning and losing all your money.

Now, the losers are throwing the "binding / non-binding" thing around to try and escape from the wishes of the voters.

Yet, if the Remainers had won, they would had said "This is binding." As sure as God made little green apples.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's exactly what Theresa May did. That it was rejected by enough Tories (probably for their own selfish ideological reasons and financial gains) is not the government's fault.

 

That is factual.

 

I don't know of any Remainers (or leavers)  who would be able to overturn the government's decision. At best, campaign against the Tories or Brexit party at the next GE.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, vogie said:

Do you have to keep bringing this pointless figure up, but it is still more than 34% of voters that voted to remain. What is the point of you repeticiously bringing this up, it is nonsense and meaningless.

I brought it up because Jip wrote an untruth. He claimed 52% of the electorate voted against remaining.

That's not true and both he and you know it. 52% of those that voted elected to leave but only 37% of the electorate voted to leave.

Stop writing untruths and I won't have to rectify them.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I am all for an alternative caretaker PM, it should be a No Tory & No Labour member, wish for an open mind neutral third party person, Trump would be perfect

 

 

He is probably a Change UK voter  😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bannork said:

I brought it up because Jip wrote an untruth. He claimed 52% of the electorate voted against remaining.

That's not true and both he and you know it. 52% of those that voted elected to leave but only 37% of the electorate voted to leave.

Stop writing untruths and I won't have to rectify them.

 

 

Pedantry  does not strengthen your case.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

'fraid not. Total misunderstanding, sorry. ,,,,

 

 

On your part, maybe..

 

 

Definition of democracy

 

1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

 

Forgotten your roots.....

 

 

 

Lincolnshire voters were among the most Eurosceptic in the UK, with more than 75% of voters in Boston voting to leave.

The town recorded the highest majority of Brexit voters in Britain.

Other parts of Lincolnshire also saw a high proportion of Leave voters, with South Holland and East Lindsey both posting figures of more than 70%.

Remain campaigner and Conservative MP for Boston and Skegness, Matt Warman, said the decision had to be respected.

I am not from Lincolnshire and if I was I would vote to leave...Lincolnshire. it's a godforsaken land like Hull across the Humber, flat lands prone to bitter winds from the North Sea with peroxide blondes pushing prams down draughty streets as the ash from their fag-ends blows across the faces of their pitiful offspring.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

 

 

Pedantry  does not strengthen your case.

It does if it helps expose your false claims.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bannork said:

I brought it up because Jip wrote an untruth. He claimed 52% of the electorate voted against remaining.

That's not true and both he and you know it. 52% of those that voted elected to leave but only 37% of the electorate voted to leave.

Stop writing untruths and I won't have to rectify them.

This appears to be only argument you have, you are twisting words because you have very little else to provide as a case, you are being pedantic. You probably knew what Jip meant but decided on scoring some cheap remainer points.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vogie said:

This appears to be only argument you have, you are twisting words because you have very little else to provide as a case, you are being pedantic. You probably knew what Jip meant but decided on scoring some cheap remainer points.

Jip meant to convey the impression that 52% of the adult population in the UK voted to leave the EU.

That is not true, it was only 37%.

Is that not true? Am I getting through? Jeeez. Just write the truth and i won't have to correct it.

50 lines to the Brexiteers to be handed in before break. I must not distort statistics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

 

 

On your part, maybe..

 

 

Definition of democracy

 

1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

In Britain we have a parliamentary democracy. That's it, and why people can vote and campaign but they cannot rule what the government or parliament decides.

 

Please try and understand this.

 

 

Democracy and the UK Parliament

The United Kingdom (UK) is a democracy. A democracy is a country where the people choose their government. In the UK there are too many people to ask and too many decisions to take, therefore representatives are elected to make decisions. Representatives include Members of Parliament (MPs), Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs) (representing the population living in Scotland) and local councillors.

Edited by stephenterry
addition to text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...