BANGKOK
snoop1130

Recall UK parliament to tackle Brexit crisis, opposition Labour Party says

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perfectly illustrated by Farage’s declaration that ‘in the event of a 48:52 it would not be game over, not by a long way’.

A 52:48 result comes in and he and Brexiteers now shout ‘Game Over’.

Away with your nonsense pinning  Brexiteer behaviour on Remain supporters.

So you say we need another vote because of what Farage says? 

I say we don't because of the referendum result, the general election in which the 2 main parties manifesto promised to respect the result and the enactment of article 50 by a huge majority in Parliament.

So let's see. You have Nigel Farage's opinion vs. the 2016 referendum, backed up by a general election and A50 legislation. I believe you lose (again).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, bannork said:

Jip meant to convey the impression that 52% of the adult population in the UK voted to leave the EU.

That is not true, it was only 37%.

Is that not true? Am I getting through? Jeeez. Just write the truth and i won't have to correct it.

50 lines to the Brexiteers to be handed in before break. I must not distort statistics.

No he didn't ...... and adult population doesn't = electorate.

You knew exactly what I meant........................ but just for the sake of clarity:-

UK votes to LEAVE the EU

EU Referendum results, counting complete

Leave
Vote share
51.9%
Votes 17,410,742 Votes

Remain

Vote share
48.1%
Votes 16,141,241 Votes
0 results left to declare

EU Referendum latest updates

1. LEAVE
    UK votes to LEAVE the EU
Electorate 46,501,241
Turnout 72.2%

Rejected ballots 26,033

• Thanks 1

Just now, bannork said:

Jip meant to convey the impression that 52% of the adult population in the UK voted to leave the EU.

Is that not true? Am I getting through? Jeeez. Just write the truth and i won't have to correct it.

50 lines to the Brexiteers to be handed in before break. I must not distort statistics.

He didn't mean that and I almost certain that you knew that as well, as for distorting statistics, I wouldn't even go there Mr Twisty.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bannork said:

I am not from Lincolnshire and if I was I would vote to leave...Lincolnshire. it's a godforsaken land like Hull across the Humber, flat lands prone to bitter winds from the North Sea with peroxide blondes pushing prams down draughty streets as the ash from their fag-ends blows across the faces of their pitiful offspring.

My mistake about your roots Bannork - I apologise.

Did you vote ?

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not before the winner gets the trophy.

Again, the analogy is an irrelevant one. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, puchooay said:

The options were "leave" or "remain". We know what the result was.

Let’s hope corbyn gives the people the opportunity to vote on which of the options that have emerged since the brexit vote they wish to pursue. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Rubbish................... you are one of those anti-democratic idiots that just want to keep voting until they get the result that suits them.

Democracy does not, and never has, worked like that.

And you obviously one of those evil idiots who would want the ruin of your country against the majority opinion of a late informed population.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-tomorrow-with-the-option-of-accepting-the-governments-brexit-agreement-or-leaving-the-eu-without-a-deal-which-would-you-support-2-3/?removed

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, bannork said:

"Jip meant to convey" 😂

reported post removed and response to it.

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

On your part, maybe..

Definition of democracy

1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

Thank you,

Referenda are not elections.

• Like 1