Britain's Prince Andrew denies any involvement in Epstein sex scandal

snoop1130

Britain's Prince Andrew denies any involvement in Epstein sex scandal

2558.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Horse Racing - Royal Ascot - Ascot Racecourse, Ascot, Britain - June 20, 2019 Britain's Prince Andrew arrives by horse and carriage on ladies day REUTERS/Toby Melville

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain’s Prince Andrew rejected any suggestion that he participated in the alleged sex crimes which U.S. financier Jeffrey Epstein was accused of, Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

Epstein committed suicide in a Manhattan jail cell earlier this month while being held on sex-trafficking charges.

“The Duke of York has been appalled by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged crimes,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

“His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behavior is abhorrent,” the Palace said.

British media including the Daily Mail published a picture which it said showed Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth, waving goodbye to a woman from inside a Manhattan mansion owned by Epstein.

The Mail said the picture had been taken in 2010 - two years after Epstein pleaded guilty to a Florida state felony prostitution charge and registered as a sex offender.

U.S. court papers have previously shown that Epstein had socialized with Andrew and other high-profile figures including U.S. President Donald Trump and former president Bill Clinton.

Epstein first came under investigation in 2005 after police in Palm Beach, Florida, received reports he had sexually abused underage girls in his mansion there.

By 2007, Epstein was facing a potential federal indictment for sexually abusing dozens of girls between 1999 and 2007. Epstein struck a deal, however, to plead guilty in 2008 to the Florida state felony prostitution charge, and register as a sex offender.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-08-19

Prince Andrew is learning a hard lesson of associating with questionable billionaires and celebs (even if naively unaware of the risks) despite the temptations of all that goes with it. Doesn't matter whether he's innocent (maybe so) or not, but you are damned by association and at the moment looks bad. What is happening here is a good lesson for Prince Harry to observe and take on board regarding who he associates with as it looks like he is going down a similar path with the celeb addiction and profile. Looks like William is not an issue on this front though.

13 hours ago, Brigand said:

Prince Andrew is learning a hard lesson of associating with questionable billionaires and celebs (even if naively unaware of the risks) despite the temptations of all that goes with it. Doesn't matter whether he's innocent (maybe so) or not, but you are damned by association and at the moment looks bad. What is happening here is a good lesson for Prince Harry to observe and take on board regarding who he associates with as it looks like he is going down a similar path with the celeb addiction and profile. Looks like William is not an issue on this front though.

The best lessons learned are those I have experienced personally. I prefer not to engage in speculation, judgement or analysis of who associates with whom and what may behind these associations. I haven't a clue if he has "learned a hard lesson", as I haven't spoken to him. Being damned by association is most likely inadmissible in court, except perhaps in the court of public opinion.

48 minutes ago, Benmart said:

The best lessons learned are those I have experienced personally. I prefer not to engage in speculation, judgement or analysis of who associates with whom and what may behind these associations. I haven't a clue if he has "learned a hard lesson", as I haven't spoken to him. Being damned by association is most likely inadmissible in court, except perhaps in the court of public opinion.

Well why not give him a ring and report back.

This is interesting. It is currently inferred that he (Andrew that is I am not commenting on the other bloke) had sex with a 17 year old prostitute (in England where age of consent is 16)? She was flown in from the USA.

Meanwhile here we sit in a country and with many members of this forum that indulge/s in regular prostitution activities with ladies that look younger than say non-asians and are less physically formed that many other races. 

I am not casting the first stone, just waiting to see who is willing to.

11 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I can agree with your sentiment but unfortunately "association" is  cause for investigation at official level in many  places for many reasons and causes. A declaration of total innocence is a dubious valid defense especially in light of the fact Epstein also claimed his innocence. I personally would find it hard to believe those that had  any association with the "facilities" Epstein  provided were totally naive about the scope of them. The court of public opinion may be harsh but the consequences of no legitimate verdict could be avoided by avoiding the cause for speculation in the beginning. There will  be  many who are uncomfortable in the extreme now  because this not a petty tabloid sex  scandal. It is a situation involving proven criminal offenses, ongoing investigation and strange  circumstances leading to  death.

But IMO it is most likely that despite arduous attempts there will be ambiguous outcome given the volume of  wealthy and powerful "associates" .

51 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

While the age of consent is relevant to the crimes, if you really want to be SHOCKED look at this (age of consent by country):

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/age-of-consent-by-country/

The age of consent in Australia at Federation in 1901 was 12. It still was in Spain into the 1990s ... Standards vary from one culture to another & over time, and what people are allowed to do is not the same as what people approve of.

As for the particular individual the subject of this thread, he's not a particularly nice guy or noted for his IQ (just ask any senior civil servant who's had dealings with him).

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

While the age of consent is relevant to the crimes, if you really want to be SHOCKED look at this (age of consent by country):

I was also shocked to see the flag in front of every country name, all wrong, USA with the Russian flag, India with the Thai flag, Vietnam with the Union Jack, Bangladesh with the French flag  etc....

This is interesting. It is currently inferred that he (Andrew that is I am not commenting on the other bloke) had sex with a 17 year old prostitute (in England where age of consent is 16)? She was flown in from the USA.

Meanwhile here we sit in a country and with many members of this forum that indulge/s in regular prostitution activities with ladies that look younger than say non-asians and are less physically formed that many other races. 

He has been to Phuket a few times in the past and while that does not make him a suspect pervert, shagging a 17 year old who claims she was forced needs investigating.

Pass me the pointy stone

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

The age of consent in Australia at Federation in 1901 was 12. It still was in Spain into the 1990s ... Standards vary from one culture to another & over time, and what people are allowed to do is not the same as what people approve of.

As for the particular individual the subject of this thread, he's not a particularly nice guy or noted for his IQ (just ask any senior civil servant who's had dealings with him).

But he was intelligent enough to qualify as a Fleet Air Arm officer in the RN, fly helicopters and serve his country in a war. He was a popular officer, ask any service or ex-service person who served with him.

I heard that some FO civil servants in embassies found him difficult when he was a Trade Ambassador for the UK. Maybe he expected the bureaucrats to actually do some work!

Epstein was a known pedophile, those in his social circle absolutely knew that his ‘parties’ were ‘staffed’ with children.

Everyone in Epstein’s social circle is tightly under investigation and if, like Prince Andrew, are known to have attended even one of Epstein’s ‘parties’ then they have some explaining to do.

Everyone, regardless of who or what they are.

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

I don't see an outright denial by Andrew or Buck House. Claiming it to be abhorrent is not a denial. I will not point the finger at him as others seem happy to do that.

I never saw a guilty person (even when caught with the hand into the candy jar) saying they were guilty.... always easy to deny thus always suspicion

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Well you are casting the first stone really.  First of all the minimum age for a prostitute in England is 18 not 16. The age of consent is 16 when both parties are consenting but not when it comes to prostitution.  Secondly the charges against Epstein were for trafficking and the seventeen year old girl with Andrew said she was instructed to have sex with him so it was not her choice.  Thirdly Epstein is accused of trafficking girls as young as fourteen and it his association with Andrew that the palace are responding to, not the girl in the photograph.

As for the assertion that "many members of this forum indulge in regular prostitution activities with ladies that look younger than say non-Asians and are less physically formed than many other races".  Well somewhere in there is a grain of truth for some no doubt but to say "many members" is really insulting members who are happy in their relationships and don't feel the need to massage their egos by having young girls paw at them for a handful of baht.

So maybe you should re-think your rambling post and stop second guessing the mindset of members here.

19 hours ago, Brigand said:

There is a similarity between Andrew and Harry.  They are both siblings to the heirs to the throne and as such have far more freedom to live their lives the way they wish.  Andrew was always pushing envelopes when he was younger and was often berated for some of his antics and choice of girlfriends. He even married an old slapper. Same goes for Harry but he was better with girl choices than his uncle.

And in fact the same story with the Queen and her sister Princess Margaret, who really liked the high life in all it's forms and was a constant embarrassment to the palace wither over active sex life and mixing with villains.

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I never saw a guilty person (even when caught with the hand into the candy jar) saying they were guilty.... always easy to deny thus always suspicion

Which is why he shouldn't have said anything.

6 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

By having an age of consent you are not indicating when it is expected that people will start having sex or that it is encouraged.  Young people tend to do so as and when they are ready.  Sexual activity is normal in teens after puberty.  The only time this becomes sinister if they are being pushed or forced into it.  

Fact 1. Andy's been - not to put too fine a point on it 'Up to his TaTers' whether with his dead perv mate or through out his life having a dabble with the fairer sex of a range of ages in all manner of situations...

Fact 2. He is Teflon coated as a member of the best club in town will certainly never have anything brought against him and probably never have to give any explanation either. 

Not so long ago the worlds press were outraged at the poor unfortunate bloke who went to sort his VISA where east meets west and ended up not requiring one ever again... Time soon heals these sorts of things... 

Over 400 Million $$s in the Pervs estate, they should pay out the Victims where proven but that will prob get a swerve ball also...

Archived