EU says ready for no-deal Brexit, 'British would be the biggest losers'

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I kind of like their black liquorice. The salty ones (can't remember if it's Zout or Zoet). And the big meatballs, "gehaktball". That's it. 

I enjoyed the Dutch "frikandelles" with fries and mayo.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

So what would do it for you? You don'[t want a no deal Brexit and you don't want May's deal. What else is there?

We need to be absolutely sure that directives, laws etc (on a 'non-return' valve) aren't flowing in our direction & Bullion trucks full of taxpayers money isn't flowing freely in the other as a result of a carefully camouflaged con trick either party tries to hide & we (the public) know nothing about.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

We need to be absolutely sure that directives, laws etc (on a 'non-return' valve) aren't flowing in our direction & Bullion trucks full of taxpayers money isn't flowing freely in the other as a result of a carefully camouflaged con trick either party tries to hide & we (the public) know nothing about.

And how are you going to do that?

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Has the UK left the EU yet?

Simple answer yes or no.

No. How is it relevant? 

If the answer is YES then Brexit is complete.

I never said Brexit is complete. 

I do understand that you are a remainer, but please, try to get your facts right before you post.

I understand everyone who doesn’t applaude your Brexit nonsense is a remainer your small world. 

(Cold shower answer from E.U. to Boris letter at Tusk...) just recent..

Jennifer Rankin in Brussels

Tue 20 Aug 2019 14.26 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/20/donald-tusk-rejects-boris-johnsons-bid-to-remove-the-backstop-brexit

SO..! this one is by this overruled ….Boris was/is daydreaming ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/19/boris-johnson-confident-eu-will-back-down-in-brexit-talks

Donald Tusk rejects Boris Johnson request to remove backstop

No 10 hits back at Tusk claim that those not proposing realistic alternatives in effect back re-establishing border

Donald Tusk has rejected Boris Johnson’s request to strip the backstop out of the Brexit deal, with a thinly veiled message that the British government is refusing to admit the lack of realistic alternatives.

Tusk, the president of the European council, issued the EU’s first official response after Johnson published a letter on Monday night calling for the “undemocratic” backstop to be scrapped.

Downing Street hit back at Tusk on Tuesday afternoon saying the UK was still ready to negotiate an alternative and that no infrastructure, checks or controls would be placed at the Irish border. The EU response underlines the stalemate over the backstop, a policy intended to avoid the return of a hard border on the island of Ireland. The UK government agreed the backstop under Theresa May, but hardline Brexiters have long called for it to be scrapped or made subject to a time limit.

much more ...

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

As EU says ready for no-deal Brexit, Italy says ready for next Prime Minister. Crisis what crisis?

That's normal politic behavior for Italy …. we are used to them and they always sort something out a new..., wouldn't count their crisis's or change of government / elections ????

11 minutes ago, damascase said:

Hot on the Dutch social media today: a call to come and sit on the  on October 31, to watch Brexit????????

Nearly 57k people confirmed being interested to join.........

9B2B45D1-E279-4D1E-A920-A2C9356AF554.jpeg

The invitation describes the event as ‘With Dutch potato chips, French wine and German beer, watch from a beach chair the UK turning into a closed institution’.

23 minutes ago, damascase said:

Hot on the Dutch social media today: a call to come and sit on the  on October 31, to watch Brexit????????

Nearly 57k people confirmed being interested to join.........

9B2B45D1-E279-4D1E-A920-A2C9356AF554.jpeg

What's your guess … 57K middle fingers ….or tears ?:cheesy:  ?

I suggest we all bring & eat a piece of cake & cherries accompanied with" that finger " :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

What's your guess … 57K middle fingers ….or tears ?:cheesy:  ?

I suggest we all bring & eat a piece of cake & cherries accompanied with" that finger " :biggrin:

IF.... British, as non-EU citizens, can get a Schengen visa in time ...

7 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

IF.... you can get a Schengen visa in time …

?? My E.U. red passport gives me access to 146 country's …. but no need for passport  as I.D. card enough as a original generations long local citizens one 

My family tree thanks to Napoleon Schengen free ????

2 hours ago, david555 said:

(Cold shower answer from E.U. to Boris letter at Tusk...) just recent..

Jennifer Rankin in Brussels

Tue 20 Aug 2019 14.26 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/20/donald-tusk-rejects-boris-johnsons-bid-to-remove-the-backstop-brexit

SO..! this one is by this overruled ….Boris was/is daydreaming ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/19/boris-johnson-confident-eu-will-back-down-in-brexit-talks

Donald Tusk rejects Boris Johnson request to remove backstop

No 10 hits back at Tusk claim that those not proposing realistic alternatives in effect back re-establishing border

Donald Tusk has rejected Boris Johnson’s request to strip the backstop out of the Brexit deal, with a thinly veiled message that the British government is refusing to admit the lack of realistic alternatives.

Tusk, the president of the European council, issued the EU’s first official response after Johnson published a letter on Monday night calling for the “undemocratic” backstop to be scrapped.

Downing Street hit back at Tusk on Tuesday afternoon saying the UK was still ready to negotiate an alternative and that no infrastructure, checks or controls would be placed at the Irish border. The EU response underlines the stalemate over the backstop, a policy intended to avoid the return of a hard border on the island of Ireland. The UK government agreed the backstop under Theresa May, but hardline Brexiters have long called for it to be scrapped or made subject to a time limit.

much more ...

Does the Unlimited Genious Liar already has a beginning of a feasable idea how to check if not-wished persons or goods cross that border, AND.. to stop that ? 

Imagine a proposal of Mr Selfini is adapted to migrate all migrants from Italy and the Gree islands to .. refugee camps 50 yards away from the N-S Irish border.

Or EU rejected foods leave the EU here by crossing into the UK, no longer informed by the EU - RASFF for "problems". 

Or... US Chlorine chickens via the UK into the EU ? 

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

?? My E.U. red passport gives me access to 146 country's …. but no need for passport  as I.D. card enough as a original generations long local citizens one 

My family tree thanks to Napoleon Schengen free ????

I corrected my comment.

1 minute ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Inspired insight there

No..! But  we are hoping to see a bit of  your  independence celebrations firework...as we guess are not invited on that party :biggrin:

8 hours ago, Victornoir said:

You have not understood yet ?

The EU does not want agreement. There is a war treasure to be recovered after the divorce. The EU is certain to have it and does not want to share.

Not a lot of what a brexiteer says has a basis in common sense, and is always devoid of any economical sense agreed, but what the hell does that mean ?

Before answering, not sure if it will help UK GDP $2.9t - EU GDP $17.2t

Anyone who doesn't think the EU is best placed to come out of this unscathed is simply stupid.

Archived