EU says ready for no-deal Brexit, 'British would be the biggest losers'

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Not a lot of what a brexiteer says has a basis in common sense, and is always devoid of any economical sense agreed, but what the hell does that mean ?

Before answering, not sure if it will help UK GDP $2.9t - EU GDP $17.2t

Anyone who doesn't think the EU is best placed to come out of this unscathed is simply stupid.

The EU will not come out of this unscathed, it is fractured already,   anyone would be stupid to think otherwise.

I thought Victornoir was one of yours.....

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

have you been taking grammar lessons from zorrow424 ? 

could be …:biggrin: but even in very correct English it seems that your U.K. does not understand it as  no reopening of the negotiations is spelled out to U.K. …! 

O.K. try this one 

2018-12-15_084323.png

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

could be …:biggrin: but even in very correct English it seems that your U.K. does not understand it as  no reopening of the negotiations is spelled out to U.K. …! 

O.K. try this one 

2018-12-15_084323.png

Then Boris is right to focus on 31 October.

Try sending your message to Messrs Corbyn, Grieve etc so they can just accept that there will never be ANY deal acceptable to parliament - then we can get on with No Deal.

Farage was soooo right about the EU.

17 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Then Boris is right to focus on 31 October.

Try sending your message to Messrs Corbyn, Grieve etc so they can just accept that there will never be ANY deal acceptable to parliament - then we can get on with No Deal.

Farage was soooo right about the EU.

Whatever deal is proposed to your H.O.C. shall be rejected by one of other side , as you are hopeless divided to the bone …. and after Brexit that shall become even worse to each other politic fractions, as then the blaming start in full force, because economic problems coming on surface …. fractions as I call them as even  party's are divided 

BTW

I just saw on Sky TV news first reaction from Boris on Tusk …. he looked confused babbling repeating talking … more like worried that he has to for fill his treats 

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

Whatever deal is proposed to your H.O.C. shall be rejected by one of other side , as you are hopeless divided to the bone …. and after Brexit that shall become even worse to each other politic fractions, as then the blaming start in full force, because economic problems coming on surface …. fractions as I call them as even  party's are divided 

BTW

I just saw on Sky TV news first reaction from Boris on Tusk …. he looked confused babbling repeating talking … more like worried that he has to for fill his treats 

Sounds just like Tusk.

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Sounds just like Tusk.

I Agree to that with the difference Tusk is same time thinking , while Boris goes on automatic ..., just check him (Sky shall repeat in the news no doubt ..) ,and watch also Boris  uncertain  body language ...  

49 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The EU will not come out of this unscathed, it is fractured already,   anyone would be stupid to think otherwise.

And that make you Happy?

Why are you happy that everyone is feeling worse?
So Brexit is just destructive.
Please write something that will be good for everyone after the 31st of october.

6 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:
58 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

And that make you Happy?

Why are you happy that everyone is feeling worse?
So Brexit is just destructive.
Please write something that will be good for everyone after the 31st of october.

The EU could very easily decide to renegotiate and agree to a deal that doesn't try to divide the UK (i.e. without the backstop), and allow trade relations to remain relatively unscathed. That would be good for everyone. 

But the EU seem intent on punishing the UK for wanting to leave the club despite our huge contribution over the past 40+ years. 

You may call this 'cake and eat it'.  I call it pragmatism; doing what's best for all of us. 

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

The EU could very easily decide to renegotiate and agree to a deal that doesn't try to divide the UK (i.e. without the backstop), and allow trade relations to remain relatively unscathed. That would be good for everyone. 

But the EU seem intent on punishing the UK for wanting to leave the club despite our huge contribution over the past 40+ years. 

You may call this 'cake and eat it'.  I call it pragmatism; doing what's best for all of us. 

The result can not be that the EU, without the UK, the union of 27 European countries, should give up their right to exempt the common market just because the UK wants out.
You basically did not understand the concept of a common market of 27/28 countries.

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You could also very easy things to accept a Irish sea border as there is also water (border ) between U.K. oversea territory's  example Falklands Gibraltar and other and just see N.I. as a part from U.K. oversea territory…. but no must be stubborn red lining …. so you meet our E.U. red lines.... simple 

Oh yea I understand you expect E.U. to go flat belly or blinking … from beginning they where straight forward what was possible , U.K. deceived his self by thinking E.U. would do … until even now 

About that contribution … if it did not benefit you  I would call them stupid's , now no contributions anymore , but still nagging to get the benefits …..

That pragmatism you call looks more a missed opportunity for U.K. only benefit 

1 minute ago, tomacht8 said:
8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The result can not be that the EU, without the UK, the union of 27 European countries, should give up their right to exempt the common market just because the UK wants out.
You basically did not understand the concept of a common market of 27/28 countries.

I thought we were talking about what would be good for everyone, and cause the least damage to everyone? 

Why not give the UK special treatment after 40+ years of being one of the 3 biggest contributors? 

It's not arrogance, or cherry picking. It's just good sense. 

5 minutes ago, david555 said:
13 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You could also very easy things to accept a Irish sea border as there is also water (border ) between U.K. oversea territory's  example Falklands Gibraltar and other and just see N.I. as a part from U.K. oversea territory…. but no must be stubborn red lining …. so you meet our E.U. red lines.... simple 

Oh yea I understand you expect E.U. to go flat belly or blinking … from beginning they where straight forward what was possible , U.K. deceived his self by thinking E.U. would do … until even now 

About that contribution … if it did not benefit you  I would call them stupid's , now no contributions anymore , but still nagging to get the benefits …..

That pragmatism you call looks more a missed opportunity for U.K. only benefit 

I was asked about what would be good for everyone financially, not what will or won't damage the EU's ego. Everyone would benefit if the UK gets a fairer deal. 

With respect, you need to understand what a border down the Irish Sea would mean for the Unionists in NI. They would see it as segregation from the rest of the UK, and a step towards a United Ireland. 

12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I thought we were talking about what would be good for everyone, and cause the least damage to everyone? 

Why not give the UK special treatment after 40+ years of being one of the 3 biggest contributors? 

"It's not arrogance, or cherry picking. It's just good sense." 

That's what you call it , I would call it "Britannia rules the waves "  mentality , many other members contributed also by their means …. you got already rebates … but it is never enough for the Brits …..

Besides the E.U. did not kick you out ….U.K. decided to leave , your own free choice .So no obligations ...and after Brexit ..,trade deals to negotiate if wished as a third country by your own choice 

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why Not give Germany special treatment? 

Being Number 1 contributer?

Germany wants the integration and peaceful cooperation of all countries of this earth. Germany pays more for peace than for weapons.

Why the UK cut them self out from the EU Project?

Independens?

In an increasingly connected world?

Then have fun.

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Because it would hurt the single market. And the single market is worth much more than the UK market. No deal is less damage than a bad deal for the EU. 

42 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I was asked about what would be good for everyone financially, not what will or won't damage the EU's ego. Everyone would benefit if the UK gets a fairer deal. 

With respect, you need to understand what a border down the Irish Sea would mean for the Unionists in NI. They would see it as segregation from the rest of the UK, and a step towards a United Ireland. 

"With respect, you need to understand what a border down the Irish Sea would mean for the Unionists in NI. They would see it as segregation from the rest of the UK, and a step towards a United Ireland. "

I understand … but I understand also that this is a problem created by the U.Ks 'politics long time before , and now because Brexit appears in full force …. so if the U.K. is so worried about what would become out of it , then they should be more flexible in that matter .

But it is not only that backstop .., anything suggested  common market , Canada + or ++ or +++, Norway style  ...NOTHING the" Rule the waves.." don't like , always there is one politic party or others , even a certain fraction don't like it , whatever is proposed all waived away  

Better clean up your H.O.C. politics , ...As strange... a motion of no confidence must be voted 2/3 majority ( I think , not sure ..) but a so important referendum who dominate now 3 years the politics is enough with a simple majority of even 1 vote …(if case )   say it all I find …. just a Cameron solution to stop the Conservatives "cat fight" amongst themselves … even with worse result now 

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

"With respect, you need to understand what a border down the Irish Sea would mean for the Unionists in NI. They would see it as segregation from the rest of the UK, and a step towards a United Ireland. "

I understand … but I understand also that this is a problem created by the U.Ks 'politics long time before , and now because Brexit appears in full force …. so if the U.K. is so worried about what would become out of it , then they should be more flexible in that matter .

But it is not only that backstop .., anything suggested  common market , Canada + or ++ or +++, Norway style  ...NOTHING the" Rule the waves.." don't like , always there is one politic party or others , even a certain fraction don't like it , whatever is proposed all waived away  

Better clean up your H.O.C. politics , ...As strange... a motion of no confidence must be voted 2/3 majority ( I think , not sure ..) but a so important referendum who dominate now 3 years the politics is enough with a simple majority of even 1 vote …(if case )   say it all I find …. just a Cameron solution to stop the Conservatives "cat fight" amongst themselves … even with worse result now 

You do realise what's going on here, Johnson will make a list of demands that will be impossible for the EU to agree to,the UK will leave the EU,it will be a mess,he will then call a general election and campaign on a blame EU for the chaos, chances are there will be another hung parliament possibly even with Corbyn as PM,it will be impossible to pass any legislation and the brexiteers will have got what they wanted a hard brexit.

8 minutes ago, adammike said:

You do realise what's going on here, Johnson will make a list of demands that will be impossible for the EU to agree to,the UK will leave the EU,it will be a mess,he will then call a general election and campaign on a blame EU for the chaos, chances are there will be another hung parliament possibly even with Corbyn as PM,it will be impossible to pass any legislation and the brexiteers will have got what they wanted a hard brexit.

That is then a problem for the U.K. where the E.U. can not be responsible for as it is the dilemma of H.O.C. as the country and party's are totally divided and each play there agenda .

Blaming the E.U.  is not something the E.U. should feel guilty of, as too many solutions are proposed and refused , British politics mess is U.K. mess , let the E.U. handle their own mess that is already enough and controllable .

If Boris Johnson is the savior of the British nation, and Brits are happy with him , and he can direct all things in a good way , bravo for them . But he is not our headache after 31 October (I hope ..) and surely E.U. is not responsible for his actions to come...

I think only the U.K. go realize what it is to live on a real Island situation until a satisfiable trade deals are set in to work 

The UK will Leave the EU. Regardless of what demands are made now, the EU have stuffed themselves. We are Leaving No Deal.
After that happens what is the point in a GE? Comrade Corbyn has even less chance of being elected now than he had last time. The chances of a hung Parliament are then also even less.
It needs a focussed government to lead us to postBrexit prosperity. Corby and nobody in LAB are capable of that.

2 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

have you been taking grammar lessons from zorrow424 ? 

Maybe English is not his mother's tongue ?

OK, we do it in .. German, French, Italian, Spanisch, Dutch... curious how many British can understand more as 5 words then. 

6 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Maybe English is not his mother's tongue ?

OK, we do it in .. German, French, Italian, Spanisch, Dutch... curious how many British can understand more as 5 words then. 

I even don't care , I see some Brits with some strange writing that when I look it up it seems to be pure slang or typo   lol , when I see a remark like that I know the person can not reply or defend against  my point probably , or hoping to shut me up ,no way guy's.., I don't crawl in a corner ...

I never learned English at school , as at hat time it was not considered as important...as the 3 other languages of my country , but I have no problem to speak English , better named American English, as very young boy (long times gone) I saw many Hollywood movies and they where subtitled , so the audio visual method made me understand and speak American English enough , but only internet made it a beginning for writing 

9 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well your age mates are used to write letters and send them by post? 

And the other half is mocking you? 

Really. Shows how bright you are. It is easy to work out. I live in China at the moment. China doesn't allow FB so it makes perfects sense half the people I know, don't use FB. ???? But of course you have to belittle when in reality it is because your like are not really very astute.

I am awaiting a confused smiley as usual unless you go to teacher again.

10 hours ago, Bullie said:

Half the UK fleet is in the hands of the Dutch anyway....

Possibly but they will have to sell the fish in the UK and will be able to catch fish, as much as they want in the UK. So it doesn't matter if the Chinese own the vessels they will be shipping and selling in the UK, so the Dutch will need to start paying higher prices. Great isn't it.

5 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Chlorine is bleach - as you'll be finding out soon

I know what chlorine is, the water companys put it in our water system and we drink it, but I don't hear any remainers complaining about that. They don't impregnate the chicken with it, only wash the bird, it is being used as a stick to beat the leavers over the head with. The term bleach was probably used to give the impression that on our first bite of our chicken nuggets we will keel over and die, we won't.

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Why Not give Germany special treatment? 

Being Number 1 contributer?

Germany wants the integration and peaceful cooperation of all countries of this earth. Germany pays more for peace than for weapons.

Independens?

In an increasingly connected world?

Then have fun.

Why not give Germany special treatment?

"Germany is a reluctant, but insensitive and incapable dominator, that both uses and ignores the disturbed European balance of power,
This provokes resentments, especially in other Eurozone countries."   Jürgen Habermas. Renowned German philosopher and EU enthusiast. 

Germany pays more for peace than for weapons.

True-ish. Your contributions to NATO in the latest period were 1.23 of GDP, Latvia beat that. And most military analysts believe the real figure is far less, most of your planes don't fly for example. Not sure the balance actually goes to peace as as such, but hey ho. Up to you; you are closer to Putin than us and those incredible (empty) motorways the EU built in Poland will make the journey far quicker..

So many reasons. But your first 2 sentences are a good starting point

Archived