EU says ready for no-deal Brexit, 'British would be the biggest losers'

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Where does Article 50 say a member state needs to vote before triggering Article 50 to leave? Any member state can leave when it wants to. 

A EU politicians response. So what about all those countries that have had votes ignored or told to vote again. What a wonderful democratic organisation the EU is. The only countries that join the EU are the ones that need dragging into the 21st century with a begging bowl. Sensible ones stay out or vote leave.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:
14 hours ago, luckyluke said:

am personally confident that the E.U. will be OK also without the U.K..

Great we are both happy

That should be the spirit.

The people of the E.U. and the U.K. should be happy. 

For the moment I don't read anything from the E.U.

people, I suppose they are not that unhappy with the actual situation, won't dare to say they are overjoyed, the E.U. is there, they learned to live with it. 

Of course there are sometimes political groups which claim everything would be better with nationalisme. 

They have all their moment of glory and than more less dissappear or adapt. 

In the U.K., the Brexit vote shows that the U.K. is very divided, the daily posts here confirm this. 

Maybe it will all come OK when Brexit is implemented, we will have to wait and see. 

For the moment Brexit  is certainly not something to follow as a model. 

It can change, once the U.K. will be able to create harmony between its citizens. 

5 hours ago, david555 said:

A special for the Boris fanclub …. just after Tusk reply ,Boris replying

https://youtu.be/ewH6wZQWXQk

It sums the present situation up well.

Boris is a capable comedian but really hasn't got a clue.

He consistently blames those in his own party for hampering his negotiations with Brussels by campaigning to have a no deal Brexit taken off the table, insisting that Brussels won't negotiate if they think that we won't carry through the no deal threat.

Basically, he's saying that he's trying to bluff the EU into thinking that no deal is a reality and please don't expose his bluff. May did exactly the same.

Doesn't he think that the EU negotiators won't listen to this <deleted>? What an idiot.

A no deal Brexit isn't on the table, never was. Boris knows it, the EU know it, his party knows it, the opposition knows it and we all know it. Does he really think that everyone is as stupid as he is?

So what's left? The EU won't change their stance from not renegotiating the deal that they spent 3 years negotiating with GB and no deal is not an option. So now we have confirmation that it's either May's deal or remain. What ya gonna do?

8 hours ago, Jip99 said:

The EU will not come out of this unscathed, it is fractured already,   anyone would be stupid to think otherwise.

I thought Victornoir was one of yours.....

You are right. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Just as only an idiot would think that the UK isn't going to come out of this far more "scathed".

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You are right. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Just as only an idiot would think that the UK isn't going to come out of this far more "scathed".

Agree with that as well................... at least in the short-term.

14 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Agree with that as well................... at least in the short-term.

That's the €64,000 question, how long is the short-term? 50 years, as Jacob Rees-Mogg suggested, or was he being over-optimistic?

18 hours ago, Bullie said:

I think it is your memory that is short, Sir. Britain amassed gigantic debts because it had to lend money from the UsA to defend itself against an powerful enemy, which certainly would have devoured it were it not for the help of the UsA and Russia. And incidentally: my country was liberated by Canadians, and most of the rest by the Americans and Russia. In spite of this debt In 1950 Britain was 30 % ahead economically over the 6 founding states of the EU. Through a lack of technological renewal Britain got behind, where others forged ahead in Europe through hard work, technical innovations (wirtschaftswunder) and perseverance. Travelling through England it often still feels like its the 1950-ties.

The Netherlands, for instance, is a greater contributor to Europe financially than the UK per capita, but you won't hear us complain: we are still the 4th wealthiest nation on earth whereas you lot come in as no. 10. We don't mind chipping in for the greater good.

You no longer rule the waves, and the EU does NOT " make it as hard as possible" for you to leave, but Ireland is no longer a British dominion, and a border is a border. You are the ones playing hardball, and will have to suffer the brunt of the consequences.

A history lesson is in order, Op Market Garden and Op Pheasant....as for being devoured, it it wasnt for the Brits, the Eastern Front may well have turned out differently...all this while your fellow countrymen were making arms for the Nazis

19 minutes ago, baansgr said:

A history lesson is in order, Op Market Garden and Op Pheasant....as for being devoured, it it wasnt for the Brits, the Eastern Front may well have turned out differently...all this while your fellow countrymen were making arms for the Nazis

"all this while your fellow countrymen were making arms for the Nazis"

I guess you point this to the forced laborers deported to Germany factory's …??

Well so may I remind you and compare that to all those prisoners of war who build an died for the Birma railroad …, better known as "the Bridge over  the river Kwai " ( acknowledging those where in more terrible circumstances) … but forced was the common  key word

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Really. Shows how bright you are. It is easy to work out. I live in China at the moment. China doesn't allow FB so it makes perfects sense half the people I know, don't use FB. ???? But of course you have to belittle when in reality it is because your like are not really very astute.

I am awaiting a confused smiley as usual unless you go to teacher again.

Wow, so we seem to be buddies ????.

I live in a Timbuktu at the moment. And nobody I know is using FB. ????????????

12 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Not a lot of what a brexiteer says has a basis in common sense, and is always devoid of any economical sense agreed, but what the hell does that mean ?

Before answering, not sure if it will help UK GDP $2.9t - EU GDP $17.2t

Anyone who doesn't think the EU is best placed to come out of this unscathed is simply stupid.

You just couldn't resist slipping the insult once again, could you?

A strong resemblance to Grouse who has disappeared from these pages about the time you showed up. Coincidence perhaps?

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It sums the present situation up well.

Boris is a capable comedian but really hasn't got a clue.

He consistently blames those in his own party for hampering his negotiations with Brussels by campaigning to have a no deal Brexit taken off the table, insisting that Brussels won't negotiate if they think that we won't carry through the no deal threat.

Basically, he's saying that he's trying to bluff the EU into thinking that no deal is a reality and please don't expose his bluff. May did exactly the same.

Doesn't he think that the EU negotiators won't listen to this <deleted>? What an idiot.

A no deal Brexit isn't on the table, never was. Boris knows it, the EU know it, his party knows it, the opposition knows it and we all know it. Does he really think that everyone is as stupid as he is?

So what's left? The EU won't change their stance from not renegotiating the deal that they spent 3 years negotiating with GB and no deal is not an option. So now we have confirmation that it's either May's deal or remain. What ya gonna do?

Call Ghostbusters!

15 hours ago, david555 said:

"It's not arrogance, or cherry picking. It's just good sense." 

That's what you call it , I would call it "Britannia rules the waves "  mentality , many other members contributed also by their means …. you got already rebates … but it is never enough for the Brits …..

Besides the E.U. did not kick you out ….U.K. decided to leave , your own free choice .So no obligations ...and after Brexit ..,trade deals to negotiate if wished as a third country by your own choice 

Tomacht8 was talking about what would be good for everyone financially. Good for everyone financially would be a renegotiated deal.

What you're doing here is talking about emotions and whataboutery. Two different things. 

15 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Why Not give Germany special treatment? 

Being Number 1 contributer?

Germany wants the integration and peaceful cooperation of all countries of this earth. Germany pays more for peace than for weapons.

Why the UK cut them self out from the EU Project?

Independens?

In an increasingly connected world?

Then have fun.

You wanted to discuss what would be good for everyone at this stage. I gave you an answer; a renegotiated deal would be in the best interests of both sides.

Germany are not leaving, so there's no need to discuss giving Germany special treatment. 

15 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Because it would hurt the single market. And the single market is worth much more than the UK market. No deal is less damage than a bad deal for the EU. 

How would it hurt the single market exactly? 

22 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Tomacht8 was talking about what would be good for everyone financially. Good for everyone financially would be a renegotiated deal.

What you're doing here is talking about emotions and whataboutery. Two different things. 

If you take it like that , o.k. then i would go a step further...and conclude that revoking A50 would be the final best solution for all …..but I doubt that you would see that so …. probably not fitting in the U.K brexiteers option ...????

So Brexit was not an emotional decision …? Please ….

23 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You wanted to discuss what would be good for everyone at this stage. I gave you an answer; a renegotiated deal would be in the best interests of both sides.

Germany are not leaving, so there's no need to discuss giving Germany special treatment. 

So... leavers need specials …. if they or anybody or groups would give that , then nobody would be or become a member for whatever …...everything free to use , no need a membership and have all the privilege's ….the Ultimate having your cake & cherry's and eat it  

Are you serious …?

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

So... leavers need specials …. if they or anybody or groups would give that , then nobody would be or become a member for whatever …...everything free to use , no need a membership and have all the privilege's ….the Ultimate having your cake & cherry's and eat it  

Are you serious …?

Tell me, if it was Germany that had voted to leave do you think it would be in the best interests of all parties to negotiate a favourable deal for Germany? What about if it was France? 

Try to think of it without your anti-Brit hat on. 

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Tell me, if it was Germany that had voted to leave do you think it would be in the best interests of all parties to negotiate a favourable deal for Germany? What about if it was France? 

anti Brit hat is not on , only you can not get what is in your U.K. dream scenario , you would leave , denying 48 % of your population wishes..., that are also Brits … or not , but not so many present on this forum...

A simple answer , you U.K. got already big rebates as a prominent member , as a leaver you are not a prominent member any more , soon just a third country by your own leaders wishes  

Second 

Germany or France would never leave ….as they see the benefits of E.U. , it doesn't mean it is perfect but it is a factor to be united instead or divided …. See what your divided U.K. now face 

36 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

By a favorable deal you mean one in which the benefits of leaving outweigh the benefits of remaining for the country in question. Because that seems to be what Brexiters want. In fact, they mostly insist ultimately that will be the case, anyway. So why the fuss? Because of some deep concern for the welfare of EU members?

21 hours ago, Jip99 said:

The EU will not come out of this unscathed, it is fractured already,   anyone would be stupid to think otherwise.

I thought Victornoir was one of yours.....

I didn't say the EU would come out of it unscathed did I ? - I said it was better positioned than the UK to come out of it better as it is a far bigger player and is in a very good position given its financial muscle to undermine the UK every step of the way should it choose to do so with regard to future deals. Or put simply, given there isn't a brexiteer on here with an ounce of commercial sense, which comes across loud and clear with every post they make, if the EU and the UK offer the same product, the EU is going to get that business every time as the concessions, discounts and incentives they can offer will outmuscle anything the UK has.

Brexiteers realy can't get their head around the fact that outside the largest trading bloc in the world we are no longer a major player on the world stage - and should the 39b which the UK agreed to not be paid, then which trading nations are going to want to deal with a nation that AGREED to a deal then simply said we're not going to pay as part of a toe curlingly amateur negotiating tactic made to appease the, lets say not too intelligent.

I don't understand your last line (again)

It isn't all bad news though. I saw this today.

Come on, Boris! Wetherspoons to SLASH prices - but only if Oct31 deadline met

BREXITEER Tim Martin has vowed to slash the price of beer to an “unbelievable low” if Boris Johnson honours his “do or die” pledge to deliver Brexit by October 31.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1168259/brexit-news-latest-boris-johnson-angela-merkel-donald-tusk-eu27-no-deal

8 minutes ago, St George said:

It isn't all bad news though. I saw this today.

Come on, Boris! Wetherspoons to SLASH prices - but only if Oct31 deadline met

BREXITEER Tim Martin has vowed to slash the price of beer to an “unbelievable low” if Boris Johnson honours his “do or die” pledge to deliver Brexit by October 31.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1168259/brexit-news-latest-boris-johnson-angela-merkel-donald-tusk-eu27-no-deal

Well that confirms it then. He's a shrewd businessman. No way would he make this offer if there were any chance of it happening. So what's the new date? Christmas? 2020? 2021?

2 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

I didn't say the EU would come out of it unscathed did I ? - I said it was better positioned than the UK to come out of it better as it is a far bigger player and is in a very good position given its financial muscle to undermine the UK every step of the way should it choose to do so with regard to future deals. Or put simply, given there isn't a brexiteer on here with an ounce of commercial sense, which comes across loud and clear with every post they make, if the EU and the UK offer the same product, the EU is going to get that business every time as the concessions, discounts and incentives they can offer will outmuscle anything the UK has.

Brexiteers realy can't get their head around the fact that outside the largest trading bloc in the world we are no longer a major player on the world stage - and should the 39b which the UK agreed to not be paid, then which trading nations are going to want to deal with a nation that AGREED to a deal then simply said we're not going to pay as part of a toe curlingly amateur negotiating tactic made to appease the, lets say not too intelligent.

Someone who says there "isn't a brexiteer on here with an ounce of commercial sense" and in the same post celebrates the EU's "financial muscle" might want to consider showing some economic and financial nous himself. With the ECB about to print money yet again, with severe Italian debt, youth unemployment still high in the Mediterranean countries, with Deutsche Bank shares approaching all time lows and down 95% in the last 12 years, I would say this EU 'muscle' is suffering some severe atrophy. 

15 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

On 8/20/2019 at 11:14 PM, Handsome Gardener said:

Not a lot of what a brexiteer says has a basis in common sense, and is always devoid of any economical sense agreed, but what the hell does that mean ?

Before answering, not sure if it will help UK GDP $2.9t - EU GDP $17.2t

Anyone who doesn't think the EU is best placed to come out of this unscathed is simply stupid.

"I didn't say the EU would come out of it unscathed did I ? - I said it was better positioned than the UK to come out of it better"

For the sake of clarity, I've posted both of your posts.

You clearly said in the first post "Anyone who doesn't think the EU is best placed to come out of this unscathed is simply stupid."

I apologise for 'nit-picking', but you originally put up a strawman argument (arguing against a point that was never made...), and then tried to change the term you'd used!

But to be fair, you did manage to rely on insults in both posts....

Archived