BTS route advice

SidJames

both options require some walking but i'd prefer to phaya thai and then to nana;

there is a skywalk now at makasan to petchaburi but it's easier at phaya thai, there are elevators at the stations but last time the elevator at petchaburi didn't work.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, moontang said:

Cab often takes longer.. Standing in that line with a throbbing ankle would be worse than elevator to ARL.  

Absolute rubbish.....obviously you are fully capable....me I had the miss fortune to be ummmm having issues with a hip...and ankle at the god dam same time...call it a hard working guy...taxi...taxi.....if you're to cheap too spend $AU10 to get a cab stay home....

7 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Absolute rubbish.....obviously you are fully capable....me I had the miss fortune to be ummmm having issues with a hip...and ankle at the god dam same time...call it a hard working guy...taxi...taxi.....if you're to cheap too spend $AU10 to get a cab stay home....

If there is any kind of rain storm, it can easily take longer in a cab.  Been there, and made that mistake.. It wasn't the 350 it cost from Rama 5 to Swamppy.. It was getting stuck in gridlock at 10 pm on a weeknight because there was 30 cm of water on the Expressway.  The take a cab touts are almost as useless as the I once flew business class, can you loan me 60 THB for a Leo? 

6 minutes ago, moontang said:

If there is any kind of rain storm, it can easily take longer in a cab.  Been there, and made that mistake.. It wasn't the 350 it cost from Rama 5 to Swamppy.. It was getting stuck in gridlock at 10 pm on a weeknight because there was 30 cm of water on the Expressway.  The take a cab touts are almost as useless as the I once flew business class, can you loan me 60 THB for a Leo? 

an other cheap priest on the prowl....mate I done em both....ok when your fit an healthy but some of us older dues after a long trade life need the pleasures of a nibble feline and taxi....I like the rain it dont deter me and I love the fact to pisses down for ever there...yest all my ex TGFs get peed off over the rain...did I ever tell you about the time India?

Maybe it is the immobile, who should stay with their nanny state.  I love the rain.. cars do not do well on flooded roads, though.  A missed flight would cost me 500-1000 usd.  The back seat of a corolla isn't good for anything except holding an esky of beer.  The front seat of a corolla driven buy a Thai felon is the death seat.  Tired of arguing about meter usage with those picks, too.  Really nasty around Phaya Thai. A cab from phetchaburi mrt won't be able to turn right on sukhumvit.. maybe there is a workaround, not sure, but you could spend 30-40 MInutes going 5 km around there. 

I always take the train but no way would I if I had any sort of injury, it's ok getting to the train but there are stairs at Phat Thai and at Nana they were doing the pavements in march so that may be ok, but really what are you thinking surely you can afford the extra 200baht for a cab even if it may get stuck in traffic.

Either Makkasan or Phayathai involve some walking to connect to the MRT or BTS. A third alternative is airport link to Makkasan, then a taxi at street level outside Makkasan through to Nana. If it's not raining or rush hour, this can be a good option, not much more expensive than the additional MRT and BTS fares, and a lot less walking. 

Archived