How do i write this addres please?

jekarnanti

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Do you mean in Thai language ? Because there doesn't appear to be anything wrong as it is .

No sir. i want to be ok it. i dont know about thailand address and When i look up T.sasalin, i didnt found it so that i want to know Sasalin is reall exist ? please help it

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

Mr. Papung

297 Moo 4, Sasalin

Wiang Papao

Chiang Rai, Thailand

I would write it like this, very simple & easy.

Not very easy bro. there is not sasalin on the internet and google maps. so i wonder what is real.. this make me crazy

Not wishing to nitpick, except........  mailing addresses do not use Tambon or Amphur.  If mailed within Thailand, the address would be:

297 Moo 4, San Sali

Wiang Pa Pao, Chiang Rai

From outside Thailand,  you would add the word Thailand to end of the address.

I would like to say I disagree.  The more information the better in most cases.  The only place you wouldn't use T. and A. is in Bangkok where they use different designations.  An address written in Thai is of course the best option if dealing with rural Thailand but English is usually sufficient.

In this case 297 Moo 4 is adequate on the first line but the addition of the village name would make it even clearer.

In English or Thai, the letter T. representing Tambon should precede San Sali.

In English or Thai,  the letter A. representing Amphur should precede Wiang Pa Pao.

Chiang Rai is the province, while the zip code helps with any confusion over similar names.

There are several villages in Chiang Rai with the same name as our village, so the T. A. and zip code are important.

We never did get an explanation as to why the OP needed help so urgently.  Whether it was for mailing purposes, filling out government forms, or something else, we just don't know. 

For the purpose of this topic, spelling out Tambon and Amphur was important as the OP was clearly unaware of what the T and A meant.

Where we live the mail is delivered by a regular postman who knows everyone so he can usually figure out where something is going, even if there are mistakes or omissions.  I have even had mail delivered to me while walking the dog.

Archived