Hillkoff Coffee Chiang Mai Have Moved

Stubby

Good evening, Forum.

I went to get my fresh coffee supplies from Hillkoff this afternoon only to find it closed and boarded up. There was a notice in English saying that they've moved to Chang Phuak but no address given. I  rode down Chang Phuak but couldn't find it anywhere. Anyway, I've since looked online and can see that they're in Soi 2, so will check back again tomorrow.

Best regards,

Stubby

5 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Any good?

I have been ordering from Alti Coffee.

Deliver quick and good coffee.

I like it fishtank. I have them ground the beans for me in the shop. I pay around 460 Baht for a kg (2 x 500g bags), or thereabouts. Not as cheap or quite as good at Douwe Egberts, but Thailand seem to have kicked them out for good. Taste if often subjective, of course ????

12 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Wait a minute..... Hillkoff on Th. Mahidol has moved? Or do they have another location?????

They have closed the store in the Chang Phuak area next to the Mercedes dealership...

Edited by sfokevin

Well, if that news is correct, Hillkopf near the Mercedes has closed, then i'm going full time to Kasem shop for my coffee. 

Must say i'm surprised as Hillkopf shop was v large with many coffee machines, grinders, makers, cups, filters...you name it. Would guess car parking a problem. 

• Like 1

Which Hillkoff store has closed?  I guess I could go and look for myself, but there had been two Hillkoff shops not too far apart on the north side of town.  Both are (or were) an easy walk from the municipal stadium.  Here are screen shots of each location:

https://goo.gl/maps/bCsqcSKZrYQcUP4LA

https://goo.gl/maps/nd6izTQuukqxTtcV7

Yup- I went there last week to find them closed (the handwriting was one the wall as they'd been moving stuff out the last couple of months)- the one in the same parking lot as the Amway building on Mahidol Road is very nice, though, and it's got two classrooms for barista training.

2 hours ago, MrBrad said:

Which Hillkoff store has closed?  I guess I could go and look for myself, but there had been two Hillkoff shops not too far apart on the north side of town.  Both are (or were) an easy walk from the municipal stadium.  Here are screen shots of each location:

The one that's closed is your first link, Mr. Brad. I will check out the new location in Chang Phuak, Soi 2 if I get time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

The one that's closed is your first link, Mr. Brad. I will check out the new location in Chang Phuak, Soi 2 if I get time.

The Hillkoff shop on Chang Puak Soi 2 has been there for many years.

2 hours ago, Duvidl said:

The Hillkoff shop on Chang Puak Soi 2 has been there for many years.

Well, that's where the sign said the new location was. They must have meant it was an alternative for anyone who still wanted to shop with them.

Anyway, I found the new/old location a while back.

Note to others: The Soi is one-way, so you can't turn into it from Chang Phuk road, which means drivers must come at it from behind. I wouldn't want to go there in a car, though, as there's only space for about three vehicles.  Be warned; it's a busy area with lots of bottlenecks.

Best regards,

Stubby

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Note to others: The Soi is one-way, so you can't turn into it from Chang Phuk road, which means drivers must come at it from behind. I wouldn't want to go there in a car, though, as there's only space for about three vehicles.  Be warned; it's a busy area with lots of bottlenecks.

People with cars (which means most potential customers) will be happy with the new location on Mahidol road, tho' to be honest, Promenada would be a better location ????

22 hours ago, fishtank said:

Any good?

I have been ordering from Alti Coffee.

Deliver quick and good coffee.

I second Alti coffee... We get their dark roast... We buy it right from the Hang Dong shop where he roasts weekly... 500g for 200 baht... You can order online too I think 

1 hour ago, Samuel Smith said:

People with cars (which means most potential customers) will be happy with the new location on Mahidol road, tho' to be honest, Promenada would be a better location ????

The don't mention a new location on Mahidol road, only Chang Phuk, Soi 2. Unless there's something in Thai that I didn't see.

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

I second Alti coffee... We get their dark roast... We buy it right from the Hang Dong shop where he roasts weekly... 500g for 200 baht... You can order online too I think 

I should try them out. I'm in Mai Hia, so it's probably not far.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MrBrad said:

And....neither of those are the one I go to. The "mega store" on Mahidol is the place to go.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:52 PM, Stubby said:

I like it fishtank. I have them ground the beans for me in the shop. I pay around 460 Baht for a kg (2 x 500g bags), or thereabouts. Not as cheap or quite as good at Douwe Egberts, but Thailand seem to have kicked them out for good. Taste if often subjective, of course ????

At the mega store, it's 350 per kg. Another reason to shop there it seems.

Everyone who's buying their coffee by the kg and having it preground , how are you keeping the coffee fresh and at its best? I buy a 250 bag maybe once every ten days, or when needed, and hand grind when required. A couple days after opening it the freshness starts to drop and the change in taste noticeable.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:27 AM, ZeVonderBearz said:

Everyone who's buying their coffee by the kg and having it preground , how are you keeping the coffee fresh and at its best? I buy a 250 bag maybe once every ten days, or when needed, and hand grind when required. A couple days after opening it the freshness starts to drop and the change in taste noticeable.

I just put 500g it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. Tastes the same at the end as the start.

• 7 months later...
On 8/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, sfokevin said:

Where is the Hang Dong shop please?

I've tried to register online, but require a 13 digit ID number; FB messenger got 1 reply from them, then left unanswered (re delivery).

Greenside, is the FRRB their Hilkoff brand? - any good?  Once I get delivery options sorted I will work my way through a few options till I find one that sticks.

21 hours ago, Greenside said:

The main branch on Madidol road is open and has everything you'd ever need coffeewise.  French Roast Red Bag is still 350 per kilo.

I doubt they do delivery to the public so registration is probably for trade customers.  They have several dozen blends the French Roast is the one I settled on after a lot of experimentation but Black Thai came a close second.

IMG_20200331_123432.jpg

Edited by Greenside
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SoloFlyer said:

I've tried to register online, but require a 13 digit ID number; FB messenger got 1 reply from them, then left unanswered (re delivery).

Greenside, is the FRRB their Hilkoff brand? - any good?  Once I get delivery options sorted I will work my way through a few options till I find one that sticks.

Agree, trying to buy online from them is a pain in the backside