Hillkoff Coffee Chiang Mai Have Moved

Stubby

12 hours ago, orang37 said:

I'd appreciate knowing which of these beans/roasts are more like a mild Columbian.

I have been using Duang Dee "extra smooth" purchased at Kasem.

thanks, ~o:37;

I drank Duang Dee for years, but the Hillkoff French Roast @ 350 Baht per kilo absolutely blows it away. I mean there is no comparison. It is much much smoother and tasty. It has a nutty like flavor and is out of this world. They have a gold bag version of the French Roast that is more expensive - supposedly larger beans...... I bought it once and could not tell the difference between it and the less expensive red bag. You can choose the grind.

• 1 month later...

Good morning, Folks.

Does anyone know who lives locally know if Hillkoff coffee in Changphuak is open today. I checked online last Friday, but when I got there it was all boarded up. I tried calling this morning, but no answer. They could also be busy if they've just returned to work. I've got a jar of Nescafe Gold to fall back on, but umm.... well, it's not the same, is it. 

Thank you in advance,

Stubby

Quick update for anyone who's interested.

Hillkoff is open again. I went there yesterday and picked up 1kg of fresh coffee beans ????

Stubby

• 7 months later...

LOL...A 3 page thread that could have been summed up in one sentence:

Yes, Hillkoff has closed its' location adjacent to the Mercedes dealership.  It is still in Chiang Mai and here is the Google Map link to it: https://goo.gl/maps/dLF3UBgJJaMe3CMTA.

Yes, parking is scant with only 4-5 parking spaces so best to just use Grab to pick up your coffee/supplies.

The new location contains the same amount of goods as the old one.

You can also order all of their coffees through Lazada for delivery anywhere in Thailand within a matter of a few days.

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL...A 3 page thread that could have been summed up in one sentence:

Yes, Hillkoff has closed its' location adjacent to the Mercedes dealership.  It is still in Chiang Mai and here is the Google Map link to it: https://goo.gl/maps/dLF3UBgJJaMe3CMTA.

Yes, parking is scant with only 4-5 parking spaces so best to just use Grab to pick up your coffee/supplies.

The new location contains the same amount of goods as the old one.

You can also order all of their coffees through Lazada for delivery anywhere in Thailand within a matter of a few days.

Except your summary fails to acknowledge the existence of another Hillkoff store in C M.

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

Except your summary fails to acknowledge the existence of another Hillkoff store in C M.

Well that store appears to have everything so that's the store I always went to when I lived in Chiang Mai.  I know they also have a "learning center" but I've never been there and don't know that they sell goods there.  Maybe you can enlighten everyone?

On 8/20/2019 at 10:56 PM, elektrified said:

The "mega store" on Mahidol is the place to go.

Mahidon store is mentioned several times in this thread so not everyone needs to be enlightened.

Edited by Dante99

27 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

And you are now offering to help those who do live here ?

Things change ...

Like me offering to help those in Calgary, when I moved out in 1971

No need to be so snippy in your reply.  FYI, I just moved from Chiang Mai to Pattaya 2 weeks ago.  Furthermore, everything I said can easily be verified by simply clicking the Google Map link that I provided in my post, or by searching Lazada using the search term "Hillkoff coffee".

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Well that store appears to have everything so that's the store I always went to when I lived in Chiang Mai.  I know they also have a "learning center" but I've never been there and don't know that they sell goods there.  Maybe you can enlighten everyone?

Read the thread and find the Mahidon store mentioned repeatedly. 

Can’t read?

46 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Can’t read?

It's Christmas!  No need to be so snippy!

The Soi 2 location I referenced is only a few minutes away from their old location that closed across from the Mercedes dealership and most people would find it more convenient since it is basically in the center of Chiang Mai, whereas the LearningCenter on Mohidol Rd is way out on the outskirts of town. 

The Soi 2 location is also FAR more popular than the Mohidol Rd location (as evidenced by the number of reviews on Google Maps).  What's more, the central location on Soi 2 has a much larger inventory than the Learning Center.

And finally the real purpose of my post was to make people aware that they could simply purchase the coffees right off of Lazada!

So there is another location for Hillkoff?  Fine!  No reason to go crazy on me Buddy.

160923633_snapshot_2020-12-25at5_25_42PM.jpg.019f633f0af4691a2679ea7d4cec1352.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

58 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Can’t read?

When I said that maybe you could "enliven everyone"; I meant that maybe you could tell us why it's preferable to go to the Mahidol location (not "Mahidon" BTW) instead of the Soi 2 location.  I stated my reasons why Soi 2 is preferable in the post that precedes this one.  Perhaps you'd like to counter?

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

When I said that maybe you could "enliven everyone"; I meant that maybe you could tell us why it's preferable to go to the Mahidol location (not "Mahidon" BTW) instead of the Soi 2 location.  I stated my reasons why Soi 2 is preferable in the post that precedes this one.  Perhaps you'd like to counter?

Oh boy, you attempt to correct my spelling and incorrectly spell in your quote of yourself.  Are you drunk or just “normally” this way?

4 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Oh boy, you attempt to correct my spelling and incorrectly spell in your quote of yourself.  Are you drunk or just “normally” this way?

OK, you seem to be one of those people that likes to nitpick and make a fuss about every little thing, instead of respect when someone is simply trying to contribute useful information.  If that's your form of entertainment, by all means enjoy yourself. ????

Edited by WaveHunter

On 12/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, Badger18 said:

Do either of them carry Sage/Breville? I need some replacement water filters, preferably near the old town.

I've seen Breville espresso machines at Hillkoff's  Soi 2 store.  I'm guessing they sell the filters too.  Convenient to Old Town.  Google Map Link:  https://goo.gl/maps/TKT3svLjt6UHJY689 .

I know they sell these kind:

image.png.8d46b51ddd20bfa559b906138d20968c.png

For the other ones like these, I'm not sure:

image.png.06430e75408ba7bca7de72585240d08e.png

Their website which normally lists everything they sell is currently down and defaulting to their Facebook page so call them at +6653213078. 

I know for sure you can buy the latter kind on Lazada:  click to see Lazada search.

Edited by WaveHunter

On 3/31/2020 at 4:30 PM, canopus1969 said:

Agree, trying to buy online from them is a pain in the backside

Actually it's remarkably easy to order online from Hillkoff through Lazada.  Delivery is two days (here in Pattaya).  For example, 230 THB for a 500g bag of Thai Black (beans or ground), delivery charge is 30 THB.  Search their offerings on Lazada.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:09 PM, Dante99 said:

No idea, I go there for one kind of coffee only. You could try phoning them.

I was in the Mahidol Rd location near Amway.  It's quite a large store considering it's devoted to mostly just coffee related things.  I was just checking out their amazing selection of coffee making equipment when the Manager asked if I needed any assistance.

Her name is Be and her English is excellent.  She is also very easy on the eyes.

I spoke to her for a few minutes and told her that I only just heard of Hillkoff recently from ThaiVisa.

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

but is the coffee any good? I like a deep dark roast.. strong but not bitter... is there a selection?

Thanks,

I had just stocked up on coffee before my visit to the store, so I didn't buy any.  It's less than 5 minutes from my house so I just stopped in to see what they have.  Lots of coffee to choose from in beans or already ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

but is the coffee any good? I like a deep dark roast.. strong but not bitter... is there a selection?

Thanks,

Their coffees are excellent quality (beans and ground).  I am a coffee fanatic and when I moved to Thailand I went crazy for the first couple of months buying many different brands of so-called "gourmet" coffee from grocers and online, all of which sucked until I found out about Hillkoff. 

They make 5 or 6 different versions at very reasonable prices (Thai Black is 230 THB for a 500 gram bag).  My favorite is Thai Black (the richest) and French Roast but the others aren't bad. 

In addition to their main line of coffees, they also sell specialty blends, and other high-end brands. 

Hillkoff is a coffee lover's paradise, and considering they deliver through Lazada anywhere in Thailand, there is no better place to buy coffee in the Kingdom IMO.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

My favorite is Thai Black (the richest) and French Roast but the others aren't bad. 

sounds like a good mix of the two... I am excited.. but you are listed in Jomtien... is it also available in the strip mall near Amway in CM?