Visa / border run during weekend?

I'm new to doing border runs. I'm not exactly sure regarding doing one during the weekend, and I haven't found any threads about this.

I'll be getting a second SETV via Cambodia. I'll get a Cambodian e-visa before leaving, will stay one night there and then come back into Thailand by bus.

- By doing border runs, is there anything done by an embassy (which I think is closed on weekends)?

- Would everything work out if I do a border run at a Cambodian border during the weekend?

I think avoid Poipet at any costs. Horror stories of having to stay over the border before returning.

Go to Myanmar at the Kanchanaburi crossing. Easy (and beautiful) 60km drive from Kan and just 800 baht for the service which barely takes 30 mins if its timed right. I've done it 8 or so times.

Also no page lost for a visa. A winner all round.

Most consulates are closed Saturday and Sunday. If you were desperate to apply for a visa without it taking multiple weekdays, it is conceivable you might be interested in using Kota Bharu, Malaysia. The consulate there is closed Friday and open on Sunday. Thus, you can travel to Kota Bharu on a Saturday, apply for the visa Sunday, and travel back to Thailand with your visa Monday afternoon.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can only apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in Phnom Penh that is only open Monday to Friday. It takes about 3 days to get one.

You can get a 30 day visa exempt entry at a border crossing 7 days a week if you qualify for one and have not done 2 of them at a land border this year.

Oh, I thought a new SETV had to be obtained at a border. Thank you for the clarification.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, jackdd said:

Doing a visa run is no problem on a weekend

Avoid the Poipet border crossing in any case

If I do a visa run at an embassy (new SETV altogether), could there be any issues at Poipet?