I Am Living the Life in Thailand

NCC1701A

Of course.

If not for the inexpensive rent.

Inexpensive P.

Inexpensive food.

Much available and compared to my home inexpensive golf,

I would leave.

But yes, all those retirement enjoying lifestyles are here so I will stay thank you.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Mikisteel said:

I'm still seeing my fair share of craggy faced farangs who look like thry just got off the set of Minder. Real sour puss looking bunch.

Spending too much time in MacDonalds I'd say .....

11 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The Thai apologists must be getting nervous...one of these touchy feeley "Thailand is the most wonder place on earth" posts...about once per week now...

Let's be honest...it is the readily available poon tang that keep expats coming and staying in Thailand...accepting oppressive and personally intrusive immigration policies...

Take away the ladies...there would be a mass exodus...IMHO   ????

find Thai woman to be not interesting, or open to Western culture, music, film. no interest in learning and too conservative.  besides no proper clubs like the Roxbury in CM anyway.  but the country is beautiful and the lifestyle is very laid back.  i stay for the nature and slow paced life style.

14 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Agree, there are cheap knock-offs, like Philippines, Vietnam, Laos....... but there is only ONE Thailand.  Glad they are tightening the entry requirements to limit the Riffraff.  ????

Me too. Still thousands to go. It will be a benefit to Thailand and those expats that live here willing to behave and follow the rules.

Well you have come at good timing as the markets are crashing and housing market bubble is about to burst so just wait around six months for huge discounts on all property expect over 70% price reductions as the next earnings come in - the airlines will need to be propped up by gov soon which have no money left either. Very soon you will see huge crisis in Thailand one of the worst they have ever faced. It will crash so hard and be unable to recover without outside investment but everyone is buying vietnam and not interested in thailand anymore

2 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

I'm still seeing my fair share of craggy faced farangs who look like thry just got off the set of Minder. Real sour puss looking bunch.

They are as common as fleas both the men and women. They look just miserable. Think it might have something to do with making zero effort to adapt in any way ? Almost as if there are two countries. The Thais and the ones living in a bubble totally separate from them. A scowl that could think a thousand ships.

old-man-730x410.jpg

Just now, Mitkof Island said:

They are as common as fleas both the men and women. They look just miserable. Think it might have something to do with making zero effort to adapt in any way ? Almost as if there are two countries. The Thais and the ones living in a bubble totally separate from them. A scowl that could think a thousand ships.

old-man-730x410.jpg

Looks like a TVF member forced to upgrade from XP to Windows10. 

11 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

Well you have come at good timing as the markets are crashing and housing market bubble is about to burst so just wait around six months for huge discounts on all property expect over 70% price reductions as the next earnings come in - the airlines will need to be propped up by gov soon which have no money left either. Very soon you will see huge crisis in Thailand one of the worst they have ever faced. It will crash so hard and be unable to recover without outside investment but everyone is buying vietnam and not interested in thailand anymore

OMG! One of the few foreigners who can can see what is obviously is coming. its going to make 1997 look like nothing. My hunch the Thai baht to USD to be over 60. But i predicted this three years ago. Yet the Thais keep borrowing money for new cars and building more empty hotels.

8 hours ago, geronimo said:

We tried old people's homes, but they wouldn't let my mother bring in her sound system, and she stole other resident's medication.

think  they  have   nice  white  jackets  at  some  places   now ,  tie  up  round  the  back?

32 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

The XP was the best Windows 10 is a royal pain in the ass. But at least i am smiling not like sour puss above. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't agree less, XP was a monstrosity and Windows 10 is as smooth as silk.

We must live in parallel universes ....

Yes living the life for 9 years now and would not trade the life I have here for anyones life. Thailand has been good to me over the years of living here and playing back and forth for 10 years. Yes there are issues but hell there are issues where ever you live, O forgot for some only Thailand has problems where these people come from no bad drivers, the weather is perfect all the time, no wrecks, and the country they come from has everything all in order.

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Livin' the dream.  The dude abides.  ????

image.png.e7a0ca85c8de998ffa88ef13e1c24172.png

Exactly. You can walk to your local 7/11 at 4 in the morning, dressed exactly like that, (personally, I'd leave out the dressing gown - too hot) pick up a toasted sandwich and a coffee, sit on your patio and enjoy the sunrise.

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

One could interpret from your post above that you are here suffering immigration policies and visa running just for cheap sex and if there were no cheap sex here, you'd be somewhere else getting it.

You could not be more wrong...never have done a "visa run"...relative to many other countries the sex is cheaper here...whether you pay per service or pay to have the service live with you...either way you "do" pay...doesn't that qualify you as a sex-pat?   ????

That old Gem... "You pay for it in the end anyway"..... somewhat misogynistic and bigoted... 

You now seem to be implying that if someone has anything to do with a Thai Woman at all they must be a sex-pat ????  it seems someone 'without game' is unable to grasp life beyond the boundaries of their exposure... 

Plenty of my friends are in mutually respectful relationships with women of equal 'socio-economic-educational' status and living lives not to dissimilar to that which they'd live in their home countries... 

Compromising your standards for someone who's primary goal is finical security is 'paying for it one way or another'... its not what everyone has to settle for...

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am sorry but I am having the best time in Thailand.:clap2:

There is no way I am ever going to leave.

Its crazy and unreal and like a amazing dream.

If they said all Farangs out I would just run into the jungle and hide until I died.

This topic is not what my UK friends call a windup or having a <deleted> on you thing.

I am also having a good time and I never thought about leaving.

But I am confused by comments like "There is no way I am ever going to leave."

Maybe you change your mind in a year or 10 or whenever. And why not?

We don't have to commit to stay in Thailand forever. We can change our mind any time.

Obviously for some people it's easier than for others. But we have the freedom to change our mind.

I totally agree. I lived in Malaysia for three years and visited or heard about other ASEAN countries and I totally know how amazing Thailand is comparing to any of them. I see farangs here keep complaining like old hags about it but it's not Thailand's fault if you are a pauper and Baht is getting stronger. For me, it's a pro since it will garble those scums out LOS and only keep the quality ones.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I am also having a good time and I never thought about leaving.

But I am confused by comments like "There is no way I am ever going to leave."

Maybe you change your mind in a year or 10 or whenever. And why not?

We don't have to commit to stay in Thailand forever. We can change our mind any time.

Obviously for some people it's easier than for others. But we have the freedom to change our mind.

That's right.  I don't get people who say leaving equates to some kind of failure, in particular when returning to one's own country.   A "failed expat".  Couldn't "hack it".  "Leaving with tail tucked between legs".   To me, it would be a failure, and dumb, to slog it out in a place you don't like, for whatever reason. 

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Plenty of my friends are in mutually respectful relationships with women of equal 'socio-economic-educational' status and living lives not to dissimilar to that which they'd live in their home countries... 

Have been married and with a couple women long term in the USA and did not have these ideal "mutual respectful" experiences you speak of, so very encouraging that it could happen in Thailand.  

Or maybe it is just me not wanting monogamy anymore that is the deal breaker  555

8 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

Its the damned truth.

Its about the girls.

Meh.  Thailand can keep its girls.  Theyre not worth it  ????

It is the girls....I have never seen another country where the girls and the punters are having a really good time getting it on... 

I love Thailand, as I accept it for what it is and made the adjustments. What I like the most is, my son is able to go to Chiang Mai University and obtain a Bachelor Degree and the entire 4 year cost is only $18,000 compared to $200,000 in the USA. You can't beat that. We have kick-ass internet, weather overall is good, great food and a nice easy going life. No stress. If I had to pick one thing that might suck and that would be some of the immigration rules. I have adjusted and now I am within their requirements and my son is on a 4 year education visa. So all is fine. 

15 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

India is for those that cannot afford inland Cambodia ????.

However, some of the Portuguese mixed hotties in Goa could turn a gay man straight......  ????

In 74 I lived on Anjuna beach in Goa and it was glorious but now its just another tourist dump.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am sorry but I am having the best time in Thailand.:clap2:

There is no way I am ever going to leave.

Its crazy and unreal and like a amazing dream.

If they said all Farangs out I would just run into the jungle and hide until I died.

This topic is not what my UK friends call a windup or having a <deleted> on you thing.

why is living in a country where there is an ever ready supply of financially in need women (or men in fairness to gays) available for a fee? diminishing returns in this and many regards.  theres lots of decent food, internet is fast, electricity usually works.

normally the girly stuff get old and 17th century style feudal patronage society itself is uninteresting but it compliments the 17th century education nicely.

Archived