I Am Living the Life in Thailand

NCC1701A

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2019 at 7:04 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Bridge is big in Pattaya. Unfortunately it's highly illegal and likely to get you carted away by the cops.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/04/thai-military-storm-expats-bridge-club-pattaya

Thirty-two people arrested for possession of playing cards, but none expected to be charged...

Since no money was changing hands with the cards, the players – mainly British but also some Dutch and Scandinavian nationals – were held under a Thai law from 1935 that says no one can possess more than 120 playing cards at a time. Another alleged offence related to the fact that the cards did not have an official government seal on the boxes...

Police know that bridge is a sport because a similar case happened before, but this time it was military and district officials who initiated the raid and they probably didn’t know,

we get a new licence to have cards on the premises”. It added: “All problems have been solved with understanding by the authorities.”

the president of the bridge league ... is also a member of Thailand’s most prominent banking family

https://www.bridgewebs.com/jomtien/

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Starts 1.00 pm

What

Duplicate Pairs

Where

At The White House (Extensive White Wall)

Tappraya Road corner of Soi 4

On 8/20/2019 at 4:57 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Had to chuckle at that one....   

But also quite sad that some can't live an enjoyable life in their home countries... it may well be the same type of person who brings their misgivings to Thailand and struggles.

Life for me would be amazing in the UK, its also great in Thailand. 

There's nothing amazing about a wet  winter night in Wythenshawe 

On 8/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, Nyezhov said:

I think life is absolutely fabulous, the alternative is far worse. I love being home in the US (except this summer, which totally sucked thanks in part to the booming economy) and I love to be in Thailand, and am looking forward to arriving 9:45PM on 8/22 at Swampy if anyone wishes to pick me up at the airport, gratis. ????

And when I move into my crib, Ill take a nice fun ride out to CW and file my TM 30 or whatever they want, hopefully get some tasty chicken, maybe go have a beer, roll back into town, walk around, take some pictures, eat some sausage, then watch footie on the telly, go to a Wat because a Wat a day makes boredom go away, get a body scrub, go to a museaum, roll over to wat arun and macro everything, take the train down to Hua Hin or Ayyuthaya or do monkey madness in Lopburi, and before I go have a nice American brekkie at the hole in the wall I go to across from Hua Lamphong, then maybe go to Fortune town and look at electronics I dont need, then maybe Hot Pot or a Seafood Bucket, then lay by the pool and take a nap, have some leftover Khao Ka Moo, wander Yaowarat with a camera and eat sweets, then ride the boat up to Nothanburi and back, or train down to Pak Nam for some seafood lunch, or go over to the Lung, then maybe Buriram United or Port.......

Thats the life!

Nice post

On 8/21/2019 at 6:03 PM, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

The insecurity and need to feel important by many here is odd.

The "we use to be the king" comments...

Sorry, your $1,000 a month pension means much of nothing here anymore.

I agree, 3rd world Cambodia or Myanmar may be good choices for those in need of some boot licking.

beer aside, cambodia is more expensive then thailand

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not that great in Chiang Mai, torrential rain all week.

Yeah not so great in bkk the traffic is horrible and the farangs fat and baa.

But the farangs are fat and baa at home too

32 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah not so great in bkk the traffic is horrible and the farangs fat and baa.

But the farangs are fat and baa at home too

Yep. Much nicer in Pattaya. Weather's great too. Only rains in the middle of the night here.

Nothing wrong with the larger ladies, Just think Ronda Rousey when she's bouncing up and down on top of you. Many farangs (particularly Americans) have that fantasy. Live the dream!

1 minute ago, Dolphin99 said:

One poster mentioned renting a limo.  I would be pretty willing to believe that limo inflation has been disastrous

Yep, it's killing me. main reason I'm thinking of leaving Thailand. Already down to a mere 2 girls in the limmo. This can't continue!

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Nothing wrong with the larger ladies,

was entertaining some visitors and ended up inside a gogo in bkk for a beer. initials p s .  first word may be play.  each and every dancer on stage was overweight/fat. thought i was hallucinating or had had too many beers or perhaps too few?

On 8/20/2019 at 2:46 AM, brokenbone said:

its an amazing dream sitting in the underwear in front of the puter

day in and day out without freezing, wouldnt swap it for anything

Yes, quite agree to a certain extent..  You feel good not wearing any clothes especially if you have a good tan .

Perhaps you will expire in Thailand if I may say so. Because you love it so much there you might as well be part of the soil and your nutrients will enter the salad plants which would be eaten by a nice looking thai chick. You become the fat lining the mammary glands.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:18 PM, NCC1701A said:

Everything is still going great.

some minor issues but in general it is all good.

really enjoying the rain today in Hua Hin.

My only real problem is figuring out what I want to do each day.  There are simply too many good options out there.  

On 8/19/2019 at 11:36 PM, NCC1701A said:

I am sorry but I am having the best time in Thailand.:clap2:

There is no way I am ever going to leave.

Its crazy and unreal and like a amazing dream.

If they said all Farangs out I would just run into the jungle and hide until I died.

You have no-where better to go and nothing better to do than "sitting and hiding in a jungle" ?

14 minutes ago, YITB1980 said:

My only real problem is figuring out what I want to do each day.  There are simply too many good options out there.  

Could you post about what you are going to be doing for this coming week ?

I am interested to find out what other people do

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Could you post about what you are going to be doing for this coming week ?

I am interested to find out what other people do

I for one will take a long motorcycle ride. Then come back to "My home" and work on my Jeep after that I'll get to work on my RC airplanes, do things around my rental houses and my own. Do some shopping, And yes go out for a few beers (or scotch's) with my friends.

90% percent of you guys need a hobby, tired of hearing your bored or have nothing to do. Get off your A...

4 minutes ago, highonthai said:

I for one will take a long motorcycle ride. Then come back to "My home" and work on my Jeep after that I'll get to work on my RC airplanes, do things around my rental houses and my own. Do some shopping, And yes go out for a few beers (or scotch's) with my friends.

90% percent of you guys need a hobby, tired of hearing your bored or have nothing to do. Get off your A...

Although I wasnt complaining about having nothing to do or being bored , nothing I like better than sitting down and doing nothing 

People must have really really boring pre-lives if stating what the OP does, going into the jungle and hide until dying. 

Honestly, aside of the girls and stuff, would not know much of the differences one experiences in the entire continent, certainly not if all they do is sit at home on the computer talking on TV. Would not be so difficult to replicate that lifestyle anywhere on earth. 

But yes, Thailand is really nice, as long the visa is taken care off and loaded with money to burn on whatever, once you are old anyway, like the OP.
Not that difficult to enjoy yourself if you no longer have to work, think about money etc.

Actually a boring thought to be stuck in 1 country, when having all that freedom and limited time + health left. I plan to set the bar higher for retirement.

Archived