Coalition partner PTTT loses two members to Pheu Thai

webfact

Coalition partner PTTT loses two members to Pheu Thai

By The Nation

800_473148342a07d45.jpg?v=1566208931

Nation/Korbphuk Phromrekha

Singer-turned-actor-turned-politician Rattapoom “Film” Tokongsup decided to ditch his membership with coalition partner Palang Thong Thin Thai Party (PTTT) and sign up on August 19 with opposition leader Pheu Thai Party.

20190819134459684.jpg

Putting his move down to ideological differences, Rattapoom said his personal stance remains unchanged – that he will continue serving the Thai public out of gratitude for their support, which contributed to his success in the entertainment and business worlds. 

He added that it did not take him long to consider joining Pheu Thai, because the party is professional, open to new ideas and also maintains good existing polices. 

20190819134457526.jpg

“In my visits to different areas, I learned of vast inequality in society. The polarisation should not exist in this day and age. Also, everybody is waiting for political parties to come in and solve problems quickly and effectively,” he said. 

The former actor also said he wasn’t worried that his move to Pheu Thai may be linked to other things or problems, adding that he still maintained good ties with PTTT executives and members. 

Also signing up with Pheu Thai on Monday were fellow PTTT member Nattapong Robkob and Thai Network Party’s former secretary Chaiwat Chaijindawat.

20190819134500181.jpg

Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, who heads Pheu Thai’s election strategy committee, welcomed the new members and thanked them for realising that her party will give the new generation an opportunity to contribute to the country’s development. Noting that the three new members had expertise in media and digital marketing, Sudarat said they would help propel forward the party’s policies and strive for a brighter future.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374987

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-20

12 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Is anyone keeping a running total? That at least 3 to the opposition benches in the last week,

If these defections keep happening the PM might be forced to suspend parliament.

I don't think these two are MP's, they're just party members so this doesn't affect parliament.

2 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Is anyone keeping a running total? That at least 3 to the opposition benches in the last week,

If these defections keep happening the PM might be forced to suspend parliament.

He doesnt care. He tastes better when crushed!!! ????

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He added that it did not take him long to consider joining Pheu Thai, because the party is professional, open to new ideas and also maintains good existing polices. 

Didn't take him long after not getting what was promised more like !!!!

Shame he didn't open his eyes before the election !

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

Looks like the Goverment been wooing one of the opposition parties to join them to replace these lost members. The New Economics party has 6 MPs. Nows is in a newspaper I can't link to.

I smell a cabinet reshuffle coming if that goes thorough.

Archived