Medical cannabis now administered in 12 health provinces

webfact

Medical cannabis now administered in 12 health provinces

5805ee35190738df3bea2b7b9eb56a28.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Authorized healthcare professionals at 12 hub hospitals across the country can administered cannabis products to patients as of today, after medical assessments to decide if requesting patients are suitable for this alternative treatment.

The Ministry of Public Health has officially commenced medical cannabis services in 12 hospitals nationwide, where doctors will be making health assessments of patients and making recommendations if the patients’ symptoms appear suitable for treatment using cannabis, which will not be recommended as a first treatment option.

Hospitals authorized to administer cannabis to patients now include Lampang Hospital, Buddhachinaraj Hospital in Phitsanulok, Sawanpracharak Hospital in Nakhon Sawan, Saraburi Hospital, Ratchaburi Hospital, Rayong Hospital, Khon Kaen Hospital, Udon Thani Hospital, Buriram Hospital, Sunpasithiprasong Hospital in Ubon Ratchathani, Surat Thani Hospital, and Hat Yai Hospital in Songkhla.

Elsewhere, even more hospitals providing traditional Thai medicine treatments are also authorized to administer medical cannabis products, namely the Chao Phraya Aphaiphubet Hospital in Prachin Buri, Nong Chang Hospital in Uthai Thani, Don Tum Hospital in Nakhon Pathom, Denchai Hospital in Phrae, Phra Achan Fan Acharo Hospital in Sakon Nakhon, Ku Muang Hospital in Buriram, and Tha Chang Hospital in Surat Thani.

nnt.jpg

1 hour ago, TheTraveler2025 said:

Whats the price of those bottles in the pharmacy? And how many grams are they 30gm?

I don't know what the price is and have yet to see them in a pharmacy yet,I think it's still to early for that,i think one needs a doctors prescription but from what I've heard the doctors are pretty keen on making quid and readily prescribe it.Find these doctors is my mission.I think they are 30gm or 30ml or 1oz or 1 fl oz. I really need about a pound of it or an upsized jumbo bottle.

Someone posted a place that was selling it in Bangkok I'll see if I can find it.
You can't just buy them or get a prescription for it.
You must be registered under a special scheme which is currently mostly available for cancer patients and other severe diseases.
The current list of diseases that included minor indications such as migraine, insomnia etc has been drastically reduced.
At least for now you won't get the official cannabis products until they ramp up production.
Now you still have to rely on the black market stuff.

13 minutes ago, CLW said:

You must be registered under a special scheme which is currently mostly available for cancer patients and other severe diseases.
The current list of diseases that included minor indications such as migraine, insomnia etc has been drastically reduced.
At least for now you won't get the official cannabis products until they ramp up production.

Do you have a link to the updated list?  Thanks!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

where doctors will be making health assessments of patients and making recommendations if the patients’ symptoms appear suitable for treatment using cannabis, which will not be recommended as a first treatment option.

it will never be a first treatment option for the hospitals won't make money from it as compared to big pharma products..

Do you have a link to the updated list?  Thanks!
ขออนุญาตแจ้งข่าวสารครับ
รับสมัครผู้ป่วยร่วมโครงการวิจัยและทดลอง

[emoji436]สถาบันมะเร็งแห่งชาติ กรมการแพทย์ ขอเชิญผู้ป่วยมะเร็งที่อยู่ระหว่างการรักษา สมัครเพื่อคัดเลือกเข้าร่วมโครงการวิจัยกัญชาทางการแพทย์
[emoji117]ลงทะเบียนออนไลน์ ระหว่างวันที่ 2 - 30 สิงหาคม 2562
http://mmr.nci.go.th
หรือสมัครด้วยตนเองที่สถาบันมะเร็งแห่งชาติ วันที่ 2-15 สิงหาคม 2562 เวลา 13.00 - 16.00 น. ยกเว้นวันหยุดราชการ
️โทร. 0-2202-6800 หรือ 0-2202-6888 ต่อ 1230 อ่านรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมที่
http://bit.ly/2LTSerV
น้ำมันกัญชาแบบปลอดภัย ไม่มีสารปนเปื้อน ไม่มีโลหะหนัก จากองค์การเภสัช ผลิตเสร็จแล้ว ตอนนี้กำลังรับสมัครผู้ป่วยมะเร็งที่สนใจอยากใช้ตัวนี้เข้าร่วมโครงการวิจัยทดลองใช้อยู่นะ ใครสนใจดูที่ลิงก์เลยค่ะ

52 minutes ago, CLW said:

ขออนุญาตแจ้งข่าวสารครับ
รับสมัครผู้ป่วยร่วมโครงการวิจัยและทดลอง

emoji436.pngสถาบันมะเร็งแห่งชาติ กรมการแพทย์ ขอเชิญผู้ป่วยมะเร็งที่อยู่ระหว่างการรักษา สมัครเพื่อคัดเลือกเข้าร่วมโครงการวิจัยกัญชาทางการแพทย์
emoji117.pngลงทะเบียนออนไลน์ ระหว่างวันที่ 2 - 30 สิงหาคม 2562
http://mmr.nci.go.th
หรือสมัครด้วยตนเองที่สถาบันมะเร็งแห่งชาติ วันที่ 2-15 สิงหาคม 2562 เวลา 13.00 - 16.00 น. ยกเว้นวันหยุดราชการ
️โทร. 0-2202-6800 หรือ 0-2202-6888 ต่อ 1230 อ่านรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมที่
http://bit.ly/2LTSerV
น้ำมันกัญชาแบบปลอดภัย ไม่มีสารปนเปื้อน ไม่มีโลหะหนัก จากองค์การเภสัช ผลิตเสร็จแล้ว ตอนนี้กำลังรับสมัครผู้ป่วยมะเร็งที่สนใจอยากใช้ตัวนี้เข้าร่วมโครงการวิจัยทดลองใช้อยู่นะ ใครสนใจดูที่ลิงก์เลยค่ะ

That’s just a cancer research project.  I was referring to the reduced list of approved conditions.

That’s just a cancer research project.  I was referring to the reduced list of approved conditions.
Most of the 2,000 eligible registrants have cancer, while 50 suffer from diseases that destroy nerve tissue, or have neuralgia, epilepsy or are experiencing negative side effects from chemotherapy, according to Dr Surachoke Tangwiwat, the FDA's deputy chief.

The original article is in the newspaper BP that can't be linked here

41 minutes ago, CLW said:

Most of the 2,000 eligible registrants have cancer, while 50 suffer from diseases that destroy nerve tissue, or have neuralgia, epilepsy or are experiencing negative side effects from chemotherapy, according to Dr Surachoke Tangwiwat, the FDA's deputy chief.

The original article is in the newspaper BP that can't be linked here

I did some looking around and what I see is that there are two groups within the study.  One for the cancer, neuralgia, epilepsy and chemotherapy side effects and other includes...

sleeping difficulties, lack of appetite, sharp chest-to-stomach pains, hoarseness, constipation and muscle pains and limb weakness in stroke patients.”

I see no reference in any recent articles to them changing the list of approved conditions.

One interesting thing is the potency of the oil they have been distributing.  From the Asia Times...

One tiny 15-milliliter bottle included 500 milligrams of THC and 100 milligrams of CBD, enough for 600 drops. Two drops a day are to be placed under the tongue, the researchers said.”

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/08/article/thailand-rolling-out-its-legal-weed-wares/

So basically, a “daily dose” is 1.66mg of THC.

In comparison, a gram of medical marijuana in Los Angeles contains roughly 150mg (for the low grade) to 300mg of THC.

I did some looking around and what I see is that there are two groups within the study.  One for the cancer, neuralgia, epilepsy and chemotherapy side effects and other includes...

“sleeping difficulties, lack of appetite, sharp chest-to-stomach pains, hoarseness, constipation and muscle pains and limb weakness in stroke patients.”

I see no reference in any recent articles to them changing the list of approved conditions.

http://www.thailawforum.com/only-1-in-10-marijuana-amnesty-applicants-receive-approval-for-medical-use/

5 minutes ago, CLW said:

Still.  No amended list.

It just states that those who were approved during the amnesty period (for the limited number of approvals) were primarily cancer patients.  It doesn’t surprise me that they would be first in line when there has only been a very limited amount of thc/cbd oil produced so far.

Still.  No amended list.

It just states that those who were approved during the amnesty period (for the limited number of approvals) were primarily cancer patients.  It doesn’t surprise me that they would be first in line when there has only been a very limited amount of thc/cbd oil produced so far.
That is the amended list.
Previous diseases for the amnesty vs. current diseases for the special access scheme.
Hope it is clear now.

There is no list there.  
Are you a troll?
I gave you enough clues already.
Ever tried searching something with google and using Google translate?
I'm not your personal assistant.
I'm done with this topic...

9 minutes ago, CLW said:

Are you a troll?
I gave you enough clues already.
Ever tried searching something with google and using Google translate?
I'm not your personal assistant.
I'm done with this topic...

Clues?  Lol.

nothing you have posted supports your claim.

4 hours ago, CLW said:

do you have a link for the black market stuff ?

????

3 hours ago, Airalee said:

One interesting thing is the potency of the oil they have been distributing.  From the Asia Times...

One tiny 15-milliliter bottle included 500 milligrams of THC and 100 milligrams of CBD, enough for 600 drops. Two drops a day are to be placed under the tongue, the researchers said.”

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/08/article/thailand-rolling-out-its-legal-weed-wares/

So basically, a “daily dose” is 1.66mg of THC.

In comparison, a gram of medical marijuana in Los Angeles contains roughly 150mg (for the low grade) to 300mg of THC.

Seems nicely potent, since no one, not even me, smokes a gram of pungi at once.

*well, actually guess I can drink the whole bottle :)*

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Seems nicely potent, since no one, not even me, smokes a gram of pungi at once.

*well, actually guess I can drink the whole bottle :)*

Let’s compare it to RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) and the recommended therapeutic dosage.  RSO is 60-90% THC.  Patients are supposed to gradually increase the dosage up to 1 gram of oil per day.  That would make the daily dosage equal to a years worth of medication here.

https://phoenixtears.ca/dosage-information/

Here is some more info on RSO

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325612.php

I believe that they really need to do more research here.  I suspect that people will be “under medicated” and when 1.66mg/day doesn’t work, the powers that be will have convinced themselves that they were right all along and it’s nothing but the devils weed.

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

Let’s compare it to RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) and the recommended therapeutic dosage.  RSO is 60-90% THC.  Patients are supposed to gradually increase the dosage up to 1 gram of oil per day.  That would make the daily dosage equal to a years worth of medication here.

https://phoenixtears.ca/dosage-information/

Here is some more info on RSO

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325612.php

I believe that they really need to do more research here.  I suspect that people will be “under medicated” and when 1.66mg/day doesn’t work, the powers that be will have convinced themselves that they were right all along and it’s nothing but the devils weed.

Lets call a spade a spade. At least here in the US, CBD and THC for therapeutic reasons (other than nausea in cancer patients, some psychiatric issues and specific epeleptic conditions)is little more than an excuse for folks to get high. Weed isnt a wonder drug, and is the same as all the rest of the "natural" remedies like Acai and blueberries and Tumeric, ie, a lot of internet hype from patent medicine shills, Goop for the Brain so to speak.

I can walk anywhere in a medical weed state, tell some doc I have leg twitches and insomnia and get a prescription for an oz of weed that I can sell to my buds. The only thing I lose are my gun rights, which is why stoners usually keep their mouths shut and pay the premium for diverted stuff, or just fly to Boston or Wash DC if East, and Cali/Vegas et all if west,

Therapeutic dosage? LOL. How much do you need to catch a buzz. Lets all keep pretending its more than medicine for the mind though ????

Archived